Sudden Death of a Soccer Player (1 Viewer)

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Anyways:

"The clip is from a match 3 years ago between two second division Saudi Arabian Football clubs, Al-Raed FC (in red) and Hajer FC, the Hajer player was hit in the side of the head (ear?) and suffered a seizure and had to be taken to hospital, but he lived and actually played the very next game for Hajer. The clip on their forum did not have any Koranic verses like we heared here on this clip, so obviously someone else added the religious recitation in order to make it look like death, but its not. "

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Despite what Andy might think, that's NOT what most people do when having a seizure. Breaking his neck would have been possible as well. BTW, you're not necessarily dead if you break your neck either Andy. Perhaps you should study some basic anatomy.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Despite what Andy might think, that's NOT what most people do when having a seizure. Breaking his neck would have been possible as well. BTW, you're not necessarily dead if you break your neck either Andy. Perhaps you should study some basic anatomy.
I never said he died. All I said is that is absolutely impossible to do what he did with a broken neck. You shouldn't have made such an absurd statement.

Rami

The Linuxologist
Dec 24, 2004
Why do they have Sheikh Al Afasis' recitation in the background? :confused:
How would we know? People breaking their neck when running isn't exactly something you see every day. Besides, it's the best explanation in this thread so far. Allah had nothing to do with it. Otherwise he's just a sick fuck.
The thing is that most of you wouldn't know is that Al-Raed Club is from Qaseem, the most conservative region in Saudi Arabia, hence making it one of the most conservative regions in the Islamic world.

Seven: There is no conflict here, I mean it only depends on the way you look at it. If you are a believer then it happened with God's will, and I don't mean that it just magically happened, there is no such thing. But there must be some reason, and a seizure is a very plausible theory. i.e the seizure is God's will. But if you don't believe then also the seizure what caused it, and it happened because it just did. :)

I tried to find the translation for the verses, and I did find three, however it did not do the verses justice. As when you read it in English, it may seem that it has nothing to do with the incident, while in Arabic one could totally understand (no nessecerily agree) where it's coming from. Perhaps Jack or Rab could confirm that.

So roughly speaking, the verses are talking about people who live in a carefree manner and not caring enough to do good in their life (whatever that might be) because they feel safe and they think that they are invincible and will live forever. Those people will get their punishment soon enough. Of course they are not saying that this player was leading such life, they are just saying that remember God and do not get into THAT zone where you lead a hedonistic life and become evil because you feel invincible, you never know when something might happen to you! I hope I cleared up the picture for ya fellas :)

Phew that was hard to explain, I am sure most of you will disregard this post anyways:D

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
Rami, are you saying that our lives are predetermined? The only way for that to be God's wish is if our lives are pre-written in some way.

Rami

The Linuxologist
Dec 24, 2004
Rami, are you saying that our lives are predetermined? The only way for that to be God's wish is if our lives are pre-written in some way.
A Beduin in Medina pulling his camel behind him stopped at the mosque to pray, he did not tie the camel down. The prophet saw him, and asked him why he didn't tie down the camel. The beduin said "isn't it all predetermined? if it's God's will to let the camel run away I can't do anything about it." The prophet replied: "tie it down and put your trust in God"...meaning that one must do what's supposed of him to expect something to happen. One will not be able to put food on his family's table if he sitting at home and not working. No food will come down from the sky.

Also as Rebel once put it, if everything is known to God even the future, that doesn't necessarily clash with free will. A kid having an ice cream and bowl of soup in front of him will go to the ice cream, that is known, but still doesn't negate his free will.

And say (unto them): Act! Allah will behold your actions, and (so will) His messenger and the believers, and ye will be brought back to the Knower of the Invisible and the Visible, and He will tell you what ye used to do. 9-105
Y has this suddenly become a religion thread?

Oh because of me :oops:

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
A Beduin in Medina pulling his camel behind him stopped at the mosque to pray, he did not tie the camel down. The prophet saw him, and asked him why he didn't tie down the camel. The beduin said "isn't it all predetermined? if it's God's will to let the camel run away I can't do anything about it." The prophet replied: "tie it down and put your trust in God"...meaning that one must do what's supposed of him to expect something to happen. One will not be able to put food on his family's table if he sitting at home and not working. No food will come down from the sky.

Also as Rebel once put it, if everything is known to God even the future, that doesn't necessarily clash with free will. A kid having an ice cream and bowl of soup in front of him will go to the ice cream, that is known, but still doesn't negate his free will.

Y has this suddenly become a religion thread?

Oh because of me :oops:
Rami, I applaud your effort, but that wasn't my question. You said that the seizure or what ever it was, was God's will, to which I asked if you're insinuating that our lives are predetermined.

Rami

The Linuxologist
Dec 24, 2004
@Rami, is that player still alive as said by Seven?
I am not sure, obviously Seven copied that from one of the comments on the video. I will have to ask my Saudi League expert ;). That match was in Serie B, the incident didn't get much coverage. Plus it happened at least three years ago!!

Rami

The Linuxologist
Dec 24, 2004
Rami, I applaud your effort, but that wasn't my question. You said that the seizure or what ever it was, was God's will, to which I asked if you're insinuating that our lives are predetermined.
Ah, understanding the question is half the answer ;)

Yes, I believe in that. How, why, when we will die is known by God.

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
I am not sure, obviously Seven copied that from one of the comments on the video. I will have to ask my Saudi League expert ;). That match was in Serie B, the incident didn't get much coverage. Plus it happened at least three years ago!!
I heard about it before, I remembered it when I watched that clip. But, I thought it was a famous incident at that time. Anyways, thanks for the response. :pint:

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
Ah, understanding the question is half the answer ;)

Yes, I believe in that. How, why, when we will die is known by God.
That's not what I mean. Of course God knows how, why, and when we will die. What I'm asking is do you believe that our lives are predetermined in the sense that everything we do is inevitable because it already decided that it was going to happen.

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
That's not what I mean. Of course God knows how, why, and when we will die. What I'm asking is do you believe that our lives are predetermined in the sense that everything we do is inevitable because it already decided that it was going to happen.
At least, we (Muslims) believe that everything is related to God's will, but you're asking about how this is done. In fact, I think that's a very complicated question to be answered.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
I guess we'll find out the answer just in a matter of time ;)

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
At least, we (Muslims) believe that everything is related to God's will, but you're asking about how this is done. In fact, I think that's a very complicated question to be answered.
lol, you're talking as if I'm not Muslim. I believe that we all have a choice in the way we want to live our lives. Our daily lives are controlled by us and nothing but us. To say that God has predetermined our lives, and that everything we do is destiny doesn't make sense to me. If you read the hadith Rami posted, you'll see my exact point.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)