stupidest transfer so far.. (1 Viewer)

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
what transfer, in ur opinion, has been the stupidest and dumbest transfer so far that's happened

i really think it's beckham to madrid..yes he's a good player, but i dont think he's better than figo...he'll play in center, where makelele and flavio should play if realy want to really win matches...i think he'll just be another macmanaman in real, bench warmer for most of the time...and he'll lose his england captaincy and his place there maybe...

whats yours?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
++ [ originally posted by The_G_O_A_T ] ++
Agreed. Beckham.

And probably Seaman to Man City.
That's exactly what I wanted to say.

WTF do Real need Beckham for??? Other than a boost in the shirt sales... :rolleyes:

And City? WTF are they doing? They have like 10 keepers and then they go sign another one who just happens to be a washed up old fart. :(

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
zola to cagliari.

i know his returning to italy is fitting an' all,but he deserves to play some CL football for a change,especially after last season.what is he thinking??

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Paranoia ] ++
zola to cagliari.

i know his returning to italy is fitting an' all,but he deserves to play some CL football for a change,especially after last season.what is he thinking??
narh... not so stupid. He's slowing down before he retires. He is 37 after all. Probably a wise choice.

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
I think many of you are under-rating Becks move to Madrid .. financially it is a masterstroke as it will fund Real more than any player in the world possibly could .. his medical before joining the club was even sponsored by a Spanish company for around £200,000 and was transmitted live on TV stations .. this is just amazing .. They will also benefit from the Asian market that they failed to conquer in the past .. Real quickly choose the numer 23 for his shirt in order to cash in on the replica sales that are expected to boom like no other ..

Beckam can also help the squad technically, because once he has settled I think he will prove his quality and worth .. he can play in centre of midfield - like he did for England - or even used in rotation with Figo for the right side of midfield .. if anything, his addition will atleast add depth to the squad .. I even think he will save his best for when (if) he plays against Man Utd. in the Champions League ..

The only negative aspect of this move is that it might unsettle the squad .. it is already known that there is friction between some players and the management .. this is were Queiroz should interfere and create harmony in the squad .. but since the players are paid by the club and are proffesionals, I think they will do their job and forget about their differences once they enter the field ..

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
++ [ originally posted by dpforever ] ++
I think many of you are under-rating Becks move to Madrid .. financially it is a masterstroke as it will fund Real more than any player in the world possibly could .. his medical before joining the club was even sponsored by a Spanish company for around £200,000 and was transmitted live on TV stations .. this is just amazing .. They will also benefit from the Asian market that they failed to conquer in the past .. Real quickly choose the numer 23 for his shirt in order to cash in on the replica sales that are expected to boom like no other ..

Beckam can also help the squad technically, because once he has settled I think he will prove his quality and worth .. he can play in centre of midfield - like he did for England - or even used in rotation with Figo for the right side of midfield .. if anything, his addition will atleast add depth to the squad .. I even think he will save his best for when (if) he plays against Man Utd. in the Champions League ..
Sure, financially it could prove to be a masterstroke... but many sane clubs thinks about football as well as money. Unless they sell some midfielders, they have absolutely no use for Becks. Figo is best on the right... and I would rather use zidane and Makelele than Becks in the center midfield. Maybe they'll play with 5 midfielders, but that would leave the defence very weak.

BloodOnMoral

Jun 4, 2003
beckham to real definetly
this team just keeps buying so-called star-players just for theri fame, and they don't even need them
for example, the last season they needed a defender and they got a striker
why?
because his name was ronaldo ???
i can't understand them.
so : ronaldo to real
beckham to real
rivaldo to milan (probably they took him for keeping the bench clean :devil: )
and many others

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by BloodOnMoral ] ++
for example, the last season they needed a defender and they got a striker
why?
because his name was ronaldo ???
i can't understand them.

Ronaldo scored more goals than Raul and was the team's topscorer in his first season ;)

Jul 12, 2002
Finnan to Liverpool, they already have Carragher! Dumb move, especially when they need the funds to buy a striker.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
++ [ originally posted by dpforever ] ++
A recent survey showed that, in average, 9 out of 10 people in Asia know who David Beckham is. So just think, lets say Asia has 2 - 3 billion pople. That means that 1.8 - 2.7 billion people know who David Beckham is!!! Lets say only 500.000 - 1 million of them buy Beckhams jersey, which costs, say 75 €. Thats 37.5 - 75 million €!!! Just from jerseys. And he'll attract a lot of new fans for Real which will buy scarves, shorts, caps... The money in his transfer is huge.

But from a footballing point of view... flop

Sep 28, 2002
yep, it's becks right now. but probably because it's real. i mean, the most stupid transfers in recent years were the ones real made (maybe except zizou). and all the talks that becks would not fit in is just stupid. a bench warmer? quieroz or whoever is new manager was assist. manager in man u? so nbecks will play coz manager knows him better than figo. both figo and becks are not necceserily right wingers. they both can play in center. remember euro2000 when after germany match conceicao was right winger and figo was in center. and i really doubt that flavio is better for real than backham.

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
++ [ originally posted by The_G_O_A_T ] ++

A recent survey showed that, in average, 9 out of 10 people in Asia know who David Beckham is. So just think, lets say Asia has 2 - 3 billion pople. That means that 1.8 - 2.7 billion people know who David Beckham is!!! Lets say only 500.000 - 1 million of them buy Beckhams jersey, which costs, say 75 €. Thats 37.5 - 75 million €!!! Just from jerseys. And he'll attract a lot of new fans for Real which will buy scarves, shorts, caps... The money in his transfer is huge.

But from a footballing point of view... flop
Nakata in his prime days sold around 100,000 replica shirt a year when he played for Roma in Japan. Unless you make significant road into Chinese market, which, by the way, is dominated by piracy, the estimated price for a shirt sale is over-bloated.;). Beside, the marketing players only work when the team is winning. Part of Real Madrid's marketing value is their invincibility which is part helped by their aquisition of star players. If star players doesn't win then there is only limited gain from marketing. And it is my belief that Real's good run is coming to end unless there is signficant investment on youngsters, and nuturing of their own talents. Makelele, Figo, Beck, Zizou, Carlos are all entering 30s or in their 30s. Of course, we, Juve has a lot veterans, but the difference is that we already have ready made replacements waiting on the wings while Real don't.:D. Perez with all his egoes doesn't know jack sh!t about football.:stuckup:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)