stupidest transfer so far.. (1 Viewer)

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Maybe he know, but, they will have serious problems in the years to come, because of that same problem: the aging stars.

Just remember my words. Maybe they will not be a crap, but at least not the same onslaught team that hey have now.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
You're right. Noone has enough money to buy superstars for every position every 4-5 years... In 5 years all reals star players will be like Hierro is today... crap.

my_hitzJUVE

Dec 14, 2002
if we consider 5 years ago....i think this is among the stupidest transfer.....

1. robbie keane to inter....totally useless

2. anelka to psg from real....stupid psg

3. rio to man u.....30m for his 'little' contributions

4. r. fowler to man city....:confused:

5. beckham to real....too cheap for commercial

6. nakata to parma....idiot capello

7. nesta to milan.....great lost for lazio but not financially

8. baiocco to juve :D

9. sorin to barca....sorin to lazio.....both useless

10. mandieta to lazio from valencia.....i dunno what valencia think by that time

Kiko

Jun 2, 2003
++ [ originally posted by dpforever ] ++
Real quickly choose the numer 23 for his shirt in order to cash in on the replica sales that are expected to boom like no other ..
why 23? :confused:

BloodOnMoral

Jun 4, 2003
++ [ originally posted by The_G_O_A_T ] ++

A recent survey showed that, in average, 9 out of 10 people in Asia know who David Beckham is. So just think, lets say Asia has 2 - 3 billion pople. That means that 1.8 - 2.7 billion people know who David Beckham is!!! Lets say only 500.000 - 1 million of them buy Beckhams jersey, which costs, say 75 €. Thats 37.5 - 75 million €!!! Just from jerseys. And he'll attract a lot of new fans for Real which will buy scarves, shorts, caps... The money in his transfer is huge.

But from a footballing point of view... flop
and think about the image rights
since beckham arrived to real, the club won 4 mil $ in 2 days !!!
OMG
so ... the reason is money

NeLLy

Dec 6, 2002
++ [ originally posted by El Idiota ] ++
what transfer, in ur opinion, has been the stupidest and dumbest transfer so far that's happened

i really think it's beckham to madrid..yes he's a good player, but i dont think he's better than figo...he'll play in center, where makelele and flavio should play if realy want to really win matches...i think he'll just be another macmanaman in real, bench warmer for most of the time...and he'll lose his england captaincy and his place there maybe...

whats yours?
same here,real really need defenders not midfielders after Hierro's departure and this season generally

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
Madrid (Reuters) Real Madrid's expansion into Asian markets could bring in 40 million euros ($45.84 million) in extra income in the first three years of a new partnership with a sports marketing company, the club said yesterday. Real said they were guaranteed a minimum of 22 million euros ($25.21 million) over the first half of a six-year agreement signed with Asia Sports Development (ASD) to manage the Real Madrid brand in Asia and Oceania.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There you go .. Real got twice what they paid for Beckham from this deal without him even kicking a ball .. I told you guys its a win-win situation for Real, even if Becks played badly because such agreements would have already been signed .. this is the step that Real wanted to break into .. the Asian market .. and with Beckham it became possible .. Don't forget Real also hold 50% of his image and would benefit from TV rights as well as sold replica shirts ..

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
++ [ originally posted by dpforever ] ++
Madrid (Reuters) Real Madrid's expansion into Asian markets could bring in 40 million euros ($45.84 million) in extra income in the first three years of a new partnership with a sports marketing company, the club said yesterday. Real said they were guaranteed a minimum of 22 million euros ($25.21 million ) over the first half of a six-year agreement signed with Asia Sports Development (ASD) to manage the Real Madrid brand in Asia and Oceania.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There you go .. Real got twice what they paid for Beckham from this deal without him even kicking a ball .. I told you guys its a win-win situation for Real, even if Becks played badly because such agreements would have already been signed .. this is the step that Real wanted to break into .. the Asian market .. and with Beckham it became possible .. Don't forget Real also hold 50% of his image and would benefit from TV rights as well as sold replica shirts ..
I don't think the deal is bad for Real at all, but the financial implication is over-estimated. The sums are estimation on the basis of performance, and guarantees are only $25m paid over three years.
Personally, I can't see Real winning La Liga or CL next year by adding Beckam. They still need to go out in the market and add 2defenders and one CM, to compete with us or Milan. Then they could maximize the finanical potential of Beckam. But no wins means no money in soccer terms, ask Moratti.:D

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Beckham to Real was an excellent financial move from the Madrid point of view, but footballing wise, it's absolute rubbish :stuckup::D

I also agree with Paranoia that Zola's transfer to Cagliari wasn't the smartest. Sure, he's back in his home country and home town, but I know that I would have preferred to stay at Chelsea (or maybe join Lazio) so that I could play CL football for one last time.

OP
Dj Juve

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #40
    ++ [ originally posted by The_G_O_A_T ] ++
    Word is that they are getting Milito...
    Gabriel?

noooo...:down: why would they want to waste such talent on the bench

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)