Stranger Things (1 Viewer)

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
Watched episode 1. The show is so good.

Didn't take off yet but that episode went by quick. So many aspects makes this show good, and I love the inclusion of new characters. Number 8 in the intro :tuttosport:

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
Finished watching
Season 2 clicked where Season 1 couldn't live up to my expectations. Since proper tuning has been done between seasons I finally enjoyed the show to the degree I expected from S1 already

-characters and cast: Will sticked around this Season and lame ass Eleven did (mostly) not. Comes with extra bonus of no stupid flashbacks. Sean Astin owned that the beta provider cuck role like a boss.
-subplots: Teenshit arc around Steve and Nancy lowered to a reasonable minimum. New 'love' triangle around Dustin and Lucas was playful and innocent and didn't steal screentime. Finally no 'evil men' in evil suits driving evil SUVs doing evil things DUDE EVIL SECRET GOV ORGANIZATION LMAO okay we got it
-villiain: hentai ghost monster was badass and the doggies sufficiently spooky. Liked the mind control theme as well
-finale: climax is way more elaborate than JUST FORCE FIELD THE MONSTER YOOOOO. Beautiful scenery in that lab or underground tunnels

Side note: I skipped Ep7 and caught up with its synopsis on wikipedia. I hate when shows do this, just when serious shit is about to go down they interrupt the momentum and next episode revolves around a boring character being somewhere else doing unrelated boring shit. We are defenseless if episodes come out on a weekly basis but not here.

Overall a topnotch little show

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
Finished the whole thing a while ago. Loved the season except maybe the last episode where I didn't like the dialogue and where I felt there was a bit of a Game of thrones syndrome.

Both seasons were pretty good, but I preferred season 1.

Hope the upside down won't come back, the arc is pretty much finished, there needs to be something new. Really wonder what they will do now.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
Finished the whole thing a while ago. Loved the season except maybe the last episode where I didn't like the dialogue and where I felt there was a bit of a Game of thrones syndrome.

Both seasons were pretty good, but I preferred season 1.

Hope the upside down won't come back, the arc is pretty much finished, there needs to be something new. Really wonder what they will do now.
11's puberty will be the evil of next season

Basel93

Dec 24, 2014
They most probably will continue with the upside down arc or at least the mind flayer

I liked season one better simply because it was much more thrilling, a missing Will who we barely see or hear of, nobody believing Joyce at the start putting you the viewer in a frustrated state since you can tell she isn't lying, and Eleven being under the constant threat of being recaptured. A whole more mystery vibe which was thrilling to say the least.

That being said, season 2 was epic in it's own rights, especially since it brought into play a more frightening antagonist in the mind flayer, who remains a big question mark in the series. Is he the highest hierarchy in the upside down? Is it sentient? How will it be able to get back to the right-side up?

Also, are we obliged to use spoilers in this thread with regards to season 2?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)