Stop Defending Dp Form (1 Viewer)

Aug 1, 2003
this does not concern Italy, we are currently discussing him in Juve.

and glenn, I know no individual should be put higher in the club, but, well, that is kinda.. inevitable in Del Piero's case, no? I'm not talking bout fans here, but even our Board of Directors favour him :cool:

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by mate ] ++
I don't think we schould get rid of Del Piero (also cause onestly it will be impossible cause he has a wage near to the best worlds players so no teams will never get him) but just put him in the bench when he do not deserve to play.
Sometimes I think Del Piero is Lippi's illigal son :D even a kid will realize that at the moment the best attakking couple is DV+Treze... they will doing so well... why to change things when they are working perfectly?
Why is everyone missing the point here? Dv and Trez were working perfectly against which teams? Ancona , they have conceded 38 goals in the league, Brescia have shipped in 36, Bologna 27, Regginna 34, Real Soceidad have conceded 23 golas in 15 games in la liga, only murcia and Espanol have conceded more and they are in 18th position out of 20

So do not give me all that devastating business as everyone scores against the teams they score against and only Dv scored against Roma and Milan

The simple truth is as the going got tough we kinda crumbled

mate

Aug 28, 2002
Anycase they weare working... and with no dubt the attakk in the last matches sucked so we have nothing to loose to go back to the DV+3ze couple... in the worst case the sitution will stay the same.

survivor

Dec 29, 2002
i don't think no one here defended dp's form coz we all know that after his return from injuries, he has not yet showed his great perfomances. Actually he dissapointed me a lot. But i'm sure that many pp here, including me, are annoyed by the way dp's hater always put the blame on him whenever juve lost. soccer is not an individual game like tennis or boxing. It needs a teamwork and every player's contributions. is dp is the worse player in the Lazio match? I don't think so.
I saw one media even rated dp 6 while nedved 5.5. But no one blame Nedved for the defeat. This annoyed me and many pp here too i believe. It doesn't mean that i want nedved or other players to be blamed. I just love to see all juve's players be fairly treated.

Monkfish

Jun 14, 2003
I just love to see all juve's players be fairly treated.
Maybe you should tell that to Lippi, if Miccoli or Di Vaio showed the same form as Del Piero, they wouldn't still be in the first 11. That is hardly fair is it?

Yes DP is a special case, but if he doesn't produce (and I don't just mean recently after his injury, I'm talking the CL Final, and most of the big games when he is relied upon!!) then someone else deserves a chance.

I want Juve to be as good as possible, if DP plays as badly as he has then I want someone else in who will do the business.

I'm not anti Del Piero, I'm pro Juve!

Aug 1, 2003
powerful words.
im just gonna comment bout the dv-trez thing. i disagree with it being 'most successful' strike partnership for this season. and what i hate most is that dv misses such clear cut chances most of the time, but hes a good player, but its still annoying :D

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Meow ] ++

Zizou, honestly I lost all my respect for you. Your smiley isn't helping anything.
Just cos I replied yes to your questions?

"did DP really look like he was just lazy on pitch? Did he look like he didn't want to win?? Did he look like he didn't want to give a brilliant perforamnce in front of everybody?"

I take it you didn't see the game then.

kharbana

Jul 7, 2003
Poco più di 25 minuti di gioco, il tempo di entrare in campo al posto di Miccoli, di segnare il gol del 6-0 con il primo pallone toccato e Alessandro Del Piero ha completato alla grande una serata che lo fa entrare ancora di più nella storia della Juventus.

Giocando contro l'Olympiacos, il capitano ha infatti raggiunto la sua 87ª presenza nelle coppe internazionali, tutte con la maglia bianconera ovviamente. Un numero importante che gli permette di raggiungere in vetta alla classifica dei bianconeri di tutti i tempi un campione indimenticabile come Gaetano Scirea. Con quella di stasera, i suoi gol nelle coppe sono ora 38. Il tutto in appena 10 anni.

Great Alex :D

Loppan

Jul 13, 2002
++ [ originally posted by gigi's twin ] ++
I don't care what you all say, but Alex scored yesterday, and it made me happy! :cheesy:
And that is after just a few seconds after he came in the game with his first touch on the ball :D

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Sub role angers Del Piero
Thursday 18 December, 2003

Alessandro Del Piero has spoken of his frustration at being left out of the Juventus side recently.

The Italian international has started the last two games, against Olympiakos and Parma, on the bench after some mediocre form since recovering from injury.

"Sitting on the bench makes me angry," he told the ‘Tuttosport’ newspaper. "That’s because I can’t contribute to the side."

Del Piero suffered a thigh strain in the Week 3 clash against Roma but his displays since his return saw him heavily criticised by the media.

"I get injured at least once a year and it takes time for me to get back to my best," he added. "However, I’m now back and I hope to be fundamental for my club again.

"I don’t want to spend anymore time on the treatment table this season."

Although Alex has been a substitute in the last two games, he has significantly scored in both ties almost immediately after his introduction.

He’ll have another chance to shine on Thursday in the Coppa Italia when he will start the game against Siena alongside David Trezeguet.

The Turin based publication also took the opportunity to ask for Del Piero’s thoughts on a number of other subjects.

What does he think about the possibility that Marcello Lippi could replace Italy boss Giovanni Trapattoni?

"It would be an excellent choice," he noted. "Lippi is a great tactician who has won everything.

"And if the stories about his successor in Turin are true then it would be intriguing to see Gianluca Vialli or Didier Deschamps on the Bianconeri bench.

"They are both very prepared tacticians and I’m convinced that they would do very well."

Del Piero also passed comment on Perugia’s proposed capture of a female striker in the form of Brigit Prinz.

"Women have different muscular structures to men," he said. "She may be the best female player in the world but she would be at the back of the men’s queue."

Football Italia

--------------------------------

Just sit on the bench and keep quiet you male chovanist (spelling, please someone!)

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by -Z- ] ++
Just sit on the bench and keep quiet you male chovanist (spelling, please someone!)

No one is expected to be 'happy' to be warming the bench .. not even the 'captain' of the team :) It just happened that the newspaper asked him about his thoughts and he, quite honestly, said that he's not happy ..

I don't see anything wrong with that, it's not that he's disruppting the team, throwing words at Lippi (actually he was praising him), or wanting to - God forbid - leave the team ..

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Would you rather he say what he feels, or say what everyone wants to hear?

If there's one thing that i hate about football, not just Serie A, but worldwide, is the way that these clubs try to sap the emotions out of these players, and have them respond like pre-programmed robots.

I've watched his last two matches, and he doesn't look happy. Give it time, though. If DV continues to miss all of these chances to score, DP will find himslef in the starting 11 soon enough.

PS- Z it's spelled 'chouvanist'

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)