Stop Defending Dp Form (1 Viewer)

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
LAC of course :) But the parents thing was just an example. We are just concerned when our players don't perform and when we know there are more in form players on the bench than the ones that are playing. I don't expect any player to listen to us but well this forum is here so we express our opinions on the players :)

Why Chimenti? :D

gigi's twin

Mar 5, 2003
I think all of you are right in a way. Alex is a really great player when he is on his top form, but unfortunately now, after his injury he doesn't play well at all. And nobody knows if he will again! :down: But I'm hoping he will of course as I just love to watch him being unstoppable. :)

But it doesn't matter how important he is for the team and that he is our captain, sooner or later he will retire or there is always the possibility, that he goes to play for an other club, in these cases the Juve machine has to learn to work as good as last season but without him! I mean that this is the worst thing, if the good play of a team is built only on one person. they should work as a real team, where every member has it important job to do, but if one member works not too well, it should be possible to change him till it getting better. Hope you understood, what I wanted to tell..... :embarass:

Aug 1, 2003
okay, realistically, I don't think DP would leave Juve, and I don't think Lippi/Moggi would want that either.

So basically, we are left with no choice but to give him all our support. Yes yes we are all fans of Juventus and not some particular individual but DP IS part of Juventus, oh and he's the captain too so it is basically essential for us to give him the support he needs to get through his injury, for his benefit and most importantly, for the club's.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
the thing is though that an inform del piero is what is best for the team.

its just that Lippi is going about it the wrong the way...he is sacrificing the team to try and play the likes of not only del piero, but also montero, camoranesi and even appiah for that matter into form.

i just wish that the players had more say...if i was del piero, i would ask to play off the bench so he can gain form at his own pace and at the expense of miccoli or di vaio. but that could show weakness in del piero's own confidence and when you are captain, you cannot do that, even if its the probably the moral thing to do.

Ivy

Jul 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Zizou ] ++
Well see it this way. Parents tend to criticise their kids rather than encouraging them, not cos they don't love them but cos they want them to strive for perfection. We obviously want every Juve player to do well and if we criticize it's cos we are seeking perfection from our players.
I'm not saying don't criticise, what i mean here is that i see people wanting to get rid DP all the time here and also all this criticism after his return. He's only been a few games since his injury.

At this time it just isn't fair to blame him so soon.

If you want to be a parent and you want perfection each time. You'll never be a happy parent and your kid will never be happy either :D

The point is that none of the players will be at their best all the time..... and we have to try to compromise with this. On the whole they are doing well, just that recently in these couple of games that our team seams to be doing poorly. But we shouldn't just condem our players like this and talk abt getting rid of them all the time.

Dunno... ... maybe i'm just more soft on them....... mom's are usually the more forgiving among parents :D :D

Meow

Jun 8, 2003

I'd like to believe Ale has been trying hard to improve his performance. Come on, let's not give up on him. Forza Ale, forza Juve!

Monkfish

Jun 14, 2003
Chances are, everything I am about to say has already been said a thousand times before, but I have to get it off my chest! (For the sake of therapy!)

Del Piero, in the big games, is quite often, a liability. I know he is recently back from injury but that excuse can only be used so often. He wasn't injured before the Champions League Final and his performance was abysmal. Juve needed him in that game so badly and he did nothing. It was the same against Lazio, effectively Juve were playing with 9 men (Trezeguet offers absolutely nothing also). In consequence they stood no chance of getting back into the game. Too much emphasis is put on Nedved, DP is hailed to be one of the best footballers on the planet, but you can't be the best if you only produce the goods against the Empoli's and the Atalanta's of this world. He was supposed to be the heir to Baggio, maybe he was in terms of marketing, but not on the pitch.

If he is Juve's heart as everyone seems to say then why doesn't he at least put more effort in? If things aren't going well for Nedved, he at least works his socks off and puts the effort in, DP just strolls around hoping things will get better.

Everytime Juve play I hope DP will take control of the game, or at least be a constant danger to the opponents. I'm disappointed with him so many times. When DP and Trez are up front against a lesser team, I know the midfield (and Zambrotta etc) will be able to run the midfield and create chances for them. Against the bigger teams, DP and Trez have to take some of the burden off the midfield and at least contribute to the game, and they don't! Lazio had Corradi up front causing mayhem the other day , they didn't need to rely on the midfield for that like Juve does.

I think Miccoli and DV should be given more of a chance, at least they get their foot on the ball and are threatening to the opposition.

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
Monkfish, look on the bright side- at least he does well in CM.

And meow- that pic is kinda depressing. Its like the epitome of losership- emphasized by the pink jersey

NEDVED

Nov 16, 2003
HEY ALL, JUVE LOST 3 ****ING MATCHES, DEL PIERO SUCKED, SO WHAT!!

WHY EVERYTIME JUVE LOSES U START CRITICIZING DEL PIERO OR OTHER PLAYERS??

DAMMIT GUYS U STILL HAVE FAMILIES TO RAISE, JUST BE PATIENT!!

Meow

Jun 8, 2003
++ [ originally posted by [LAC] ] ++
And meow- that pic is kinda depressing. Its like the epitome of losership- emphasized by the pink jersey
Yeah I know, it breaks my heart everytime I look at it....:down:

I mean come on guys....did DP really look like he was just lazy on pitch? Did he look like he didn't want to win?? Did he look like he didn't want to give a brilliant perforamnce in front of everybody?

Give him time. No one want to lose. And it's particularly bad when everyone wants to put the blame on you.

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
Zizou, parents don't normally want to get rid of their kids. Of course I don't know your family history but still
:LOL: That's a very good point Martin :D Let's put it this way then, the kid is Juventus and the players are his toys. Let's get rid of the toys that are un-educational and not good for the upbringing :LOL:

Monkfish - Wow that was perfect.

Meow - Yes to all of your questions ;)

Nedved - relax :D

Sally - no player should be above the rest nor above the team. We had that problem in the early 90s with Baggio and I don't want that problem to be repeated :D

mate

Aug 28, 2002
I don't think we schould get rid of Del Piero (also cause onestly it will be impossible cause he has a wage near to the best worlds players so no teams will never get him) but just put him in the bench when he do not deserve to play.
Sometimes I think Del Piero is Lippi's illigal son :D even a kid will realize that at the moment the best attakking couple is DV+Treze... they will doing so well... why to change things when they are working perfectly?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)