Stop Defending Dp Form (1 Viewer)

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
Why? Wasn't it true? But during those 2 years we did not have adequate reserves, this time round we do have them so let's use them.

DP is being paid shitloads of money; more than most Serie A players so he should be performing as such.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
Yep DV lost a bit of his touch too, but he still was more dangerous than DP and Trez put together in these past two matches.

slack

Dec 13, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Zizou ] ++
Why? Wasn't it true? But during those 2 years we did not have adequate reserves, this time round we do have them so let's use them.

DP is being paid shitloads of money; more than most Serie A players so he should be performing as such.

Yep DV lost a bit of his touch too, but he still was more dangerous than DP and Trez put together in these past two matches.
DP earns the money he does because he proportionally earns the club in more ways than one ... the footballing one. I think you should make a better distinction on his overall worth and not lump everything to his weakness.

When DV came in (for the past few matches), the complexion of the game had changed. In the latest instance, Juve looked better (in the 2nd half) not entirely due to themselves and certainly not due to DV himself ... Lazio saw no reason to be foolhardy at 2-0 up. We NEVER looked like breaking them down.

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
Well that's taking two different measures then. Why DP is being played to re-gain form whilst Davids is not being played in the big games? Lippi and Moggi said that he is not playing cos he's out of form. So why two different measures?

Anyway to regain form then DP should have been and still be played in the CL matches and Coppa Italia matches. Those were easier matches, less pressure and would have helped him more than pitting him immediately against Inter and Lazio.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Well that's taking two different measures then. Why DP is being played to re-gain form whilst Davids is not being played in the big games? Lippi and Moggi said that he is not playing cos he's out of form. So why two different measures?
Davids is leaving by common assumption, is DP?

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
Unluckily not :D But we are in the present so why waste Davids' talent just cos he's leaving? Let's make the best use of it before he leaves. I can't see any of the current players having his fighting spirit, except maybe Nedved.

survivor

Dec 29, 2002
That is not true Adrian. DP does perform really well in certain matches but they are few and far in between. And I fear that we are going to see the same scenarios of 2000 and 2001 where we waited for the whole season for a good DP but all we got was nothing.

DV might miss chances but at least he does create them and eventually they will go in. Right now it's better to play him.
I find this funny!

When DV missed chances, which should have turned out the results, in the past few matches, he is still given a chance, but when DP performed badly in the past few matches after he returns from injury, he wouldn't be given a chance.:confused:

If you go back to see the tape of this juve-lazio match, there were 2 times when DP did created chances by passing ball through to DV, who missed both. I wouldn't say that DP is better than DV at this moment, but DV has not yet proved that he is consistent and reliable enough to start in every match.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Adrian ] ++

i love how some juve supporters are. when del piero is playing well, like he has been the past two seasons, he is great and so on. now he doesnt play well in 4 games after missing 2 months, and he suddenly becomes a no one.

yes, true supporters are known in times like these.

No, thats not me. I believe I am a true fan, I dont praise Del Piero nor call him God when he's good, and then criticize him when he's bad. I always criticze him. A true fan has the right to criticize his player.

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
We can't really say since in these past two league matches, DV was inserted when the result was or nearly was compromised. I would have liked to see DV start from the beginning these matches.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Yes but if he (I'm not saying he is, I'm saying if) is a fan of Del Piero and by his own admission he solely criticizes him then that form of idolism I find quite bizarre.

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
Well see it this way. Parents tend to criticise their kids rather than encouraging them, not cos they don't love them but cos they want them to strive for perfection. We obviously want every Juve player to do well and if we criticize it's cos we are seeking perfection from our players.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Well see it this way. Parents tend to criticise their kids rather than encouraging them, not cos they don't love them but cos they want them to strive for perfection. We obviously want every Juve player to do well and if we criticize it's cos we are seeking perfection from our players.
Ok.. I cricize Totti all the time. By no means am I a fan of his. Though I am a fan of Trez and I have a lot more patience with him.

Of course since he clarified his point, this exchange between us is pretty pointless. :D

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Exactly. You think I wouldnt want DP to score 50 goals a season and lead us to the treble???

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
glenn i somehow dont think you criticising him on juventuz will bring about perfection

i think we need to know what forums can and cannot do. if anything, dp will find out he plays bad by the hundreds of other forms of media out there.

juventuz.com probably wont be the first place he'll visit. but then again....that gives me an idea.....

can we invite someone like chimenti to do a live online chat for the forums?

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
++ [ originally posted by -Z- ] ++
Exactly. You think I wouldnt want DP to score 50 goals a season and lead us to the treble???
Interesting question. :D Let me say at least I'm not very convinced of it. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)