Stop Defending Dp Form (3 Viewers)

Whisper

May 17, 2003
he started this season in a great form, but it ended too soon with an injury that kept him off the field for 6 weeks! we all looked forward to his great comeback well, he did comeback, but he was not great...by any means!
3 weeks have gone bay and still no sign of our old delpiero....

when will he be back?? in other words..is he ever gonna get back to what he used to be, or at least come close?

well i have faith in him, but i'm being disappointed eveytime...where the hell are u alex!!!

Buy on AliExpress.com

IceBlu

Aug 26, 2003
can we please close this thread ? :rolleyes: ... its only going to lead to -

a) more Del Piero bashing

b) more Del Piero defending

&.. in the end it will be a stalemate.

when del Piero is "back"... we will know it...

Signor

Jul 13, 2002
Enjoying sunshine ;)

As usual he needs a hell lot of time if he to regain his form, btw he didn't score any goal yet, and he doesn't look like gaining that form any soon, so just forget about him for the time being, and don't put high hopes on him, cause if you do, all you will manage to see is a choker. anyways i hope he starts performing and getting back on track as soon as possible. cause Juve needs him now.

gigi's twin

Mar 5, 2003
Agree! He always needs a lot of time to come back. I remember how badly he was playing after his big injury 3 years ago, I jsut couldn't understand why should he be on the field from match to match. Then something hapend to him and he was the old again after lot of monthes. I remember, that he scored a decent goal just after his father died and he was the happiest man I have ever seen. And after that nothing could stop him! We have to give him more time, that is all.

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Whisper ] ++
when will he be back?? in other words..is he ever gonna get back to what he used to be, or at least come close?
I think that y'all should know the answer to this question already. It's been asked for three years and people are still asking it. GET IT THROUGH YOUR HEADS! Del Piero is a walking injury machine who will, on average, go down in form for the duration of his career. That's not to say he isn't a great player, but he's not getting back to his best, barring a miracle, ever again.

Aug 1, 2003
I dont care if he's not going to be as fantastic as he was. He wasn't THAT good for the past few seasons but he was STILL good and useful.

I think if we want DP to get better now we need to be behind him :D I mean, if WE, Juve fans can't even have faith in him, who else will? We don't want him to look down on us like Vieri does to inter fans

Aug 27, 2003
I tottaly agree del piero is fantastic and i think that in a metter of time will see him back maybe even in this match he was got slightly injured vs inter aswell which will bring him back this week anyways...
del piero is determined to come back to his old form and he will...
i think he should take his time till the time is right to bash everyone in their faces..:D

DAVIDZ

Sep 15, 2002
Dp's form is really hurting us now. Having him and Trez up front right now is like playing with 9 players. Trez is never involved in the game and add to that the way DP is playing, we have two ghosts up front. All the opposing defense and opposing DM have to do is take care of Neddy and game is over. Neddy is great but he can't do it all by himself.

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
please stop defending his poor form by giving advices to give him more time , if this happened to other player he would have been sitting in the bench now:(

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
You have to realise that DP is Juve's heart, no matter what. What he has done for the club is beyond dispute. He is our captain & it has been shown time & again that he recovers slowly. So the best option is to give him time.
We are all critical & bitter at our performance (naturally) but hey it's not like we are out of the CL & Coppa Italia & bottom in Serie A. We are in contention in all 3 areas. You have to have some faith. Your posts portray a very pessimistic perspective. You have to be a little more positive. DP will once again get better & I hope you give him credit when it is due.
The question here is why does DP get so much stick? It's plain & simple most of you expect too much. The DP of old may be gone but his contribution to Juve is far from over.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
no other player besides vieri in italy gets as much attention as del piero. del piero can perform great for the whoe season, but if he plays ne bad game, they are on his back saying that he is over the hill.

why does lippi persist with del piero?

1. when he is in form, he makes this team click and he scores and create goals like no other.

2. he is one of the best of the best support strikers on the planet.

3. after missing two months of football, no player can come back being inform.

i admit that he should be regaining form playing off the bench instead of starting, but currently, i dont think he is the only player who isnt performing well enough. at least 5 or 6 players are shocking at the moment.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Adrian ] ++
no other player besides vieri in italy gets as much attention as del piero. del piero can perform great for the whoe season, but if he plays ne bad game, they are on his back saying that he is over the hill.

why does lippi persist with del piero?

1. when he is in form, he makes this team click and he scores and create goals like no other.

2. he is one of the best of the best support strikers on the planet.

3. after missing two months of football, no player can come back being inform.

i admit that he should be regaining form playing off the bench instead of starting, but currently, i dont think he is the only player who isnt performing well enough. at least 5 or 6 players are shocking at the moment.
1. No

2. No

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
People expect Del Piero to win matches on his own. Vieri does it, Sheva does it. When that doesn't happen, disappointment kicks in. But on the whole we don't have the Sheva calibre of striker. Trez is [still] not who he was, Di Vaio is good sometimes, not as good the rest, Miccoli is not the instant success some thought he would be.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
++ [ originally posted by -Z- ] ++

1. No

2. No
i love how some juve supporters are. when del piero is playing well, like he has been the past two seasons, he is great and so on. now he doesnt play well in 4 games after missing 2 months, and he suddenly becomes a no one.

yes, true supporters are known in times like these.

Loppan

Jul 13, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Adrian ] ++

i love how some juve supporters are. when del piero is playing well, like he has been the past two seasons, he is great and so on. now he doesnt play well in 4 games after missing 2 months, and he suddenly becomes a no one.

yes, true supporters are known in times like these.
Well said :thumb:

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
That is not true Adrian. DP does perform really well in certain matches but they are few and far in between. And I fear that we are going to see the same scenarios of 2000 and 2001 where we waited for the whole season for a good DP but all we got was nothing.

DV might miss chances but at least he does create them and eventually they will go in. Right now it's better to play him.

slack

Dec 13, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Zizou ] ++
That is not true Adrian. DP does perform really well in certain matches but they are few and far in between. And I fear that we are going to see the same scenarios of 2000 and 2001 where we waited for the whole season for a good DP but all we got was nothing.

DV might miss chances but at least he does create them and eventually they will go in. Right now it's better to play him.
DP stands very tall in the 1st half of Juve's latest Scudetto winning season ... in fact, I'd go as far as to say he was outstanding. Nedved took the glamour after his injury all the way to the finish ... memories are fresher near the end but not necessarily reflective of the truth.

The only thing you're right about is he does take some time coming back from injuries but even with that, the 2000-2001 analogy is a ridiculous exaggeration.

Btw, DV had missed enough for people like DP/Trez to get flayed in his last few outings.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)