Stoning (14 Viewers)

OP
Seven

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
  • Thread Starter #144
    Yeah I know, just saying on the likely basis it started off as. As somewhat practical solution of those days, to care of eachother in a bit unorthodox way. It gotten twisted and turned into something else like many other things. Give it enough time, and anything can be excused as part of the religion, or culture/tradition.
    That is a very good point you raise there, Osman. It's just that I don't think it stops there. I'd say that almost all of what was written in a book centuries and centuries ago applies to long forgotten times. But hey, that's just me and my ratio :).

Bozi

The Bozman
    Administrator
    Oct 18, 2005
    Humpty dumpty fell because of excessive teasing.
    no....look...i have never said a thing about this before...but....well..i was young.....and he was such a smug prick sitting up there on his wall.....i...i never thought he would break...

i...i thought he was hard boiled:cry:

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
    Osman: I like that last sentence as it is valid and applied on anything.
    "...anything can be excused as part of the religion, or culture/tradition."
    But this is exactly the weak point of religions. Religions haven't got the flexibility to keep themselves from those justifications, interpretations and excuses.

When is something being excused as a part of the religion? Throughout the time, this was religions who have talked about "the heaven" and "the hell" and this is where all the misunderstandings come from. This let some mistreat and abuse the majority of people with lies and superstitions. Here I'm not implying that religions are completely at fault for this but they ain't capable of not letting these false interpretations and superstitions involve with their instructions. You know that the majority of people are easily being toyed by fictions and lies. Religions were supposed to help this gullible and naive majority and I admit that they were successful at times but now look at the religious people. Sometimes you can't even distinguish the border between religions and superstitions.

Hist

Founder of Hism
    Jan 18, 2009
    But this is exactly the weak point of religions. Religions haven't got the flexibility to keep themselves from those justifications, interpretations and excuses.

When is something being excused as a part of the religion? Throughout the time, this was religions who have talked about "the heaven" and "the hell" and this is where all the misunderstandings come from. This let some mistreat and abuse the majority of people with lies and superstitions. Here I'm not implying that religions are completely at fault for this but they ain't capable of not letting these false interpretations and superstitions involve with their instructions. You know that the majority of people are easily being toyed by fictions and lies. Religions were supposed to help this gullible and naive majority and I admit that they were successful at times but now look at the religious people. Sometimes you can't even distinguish the border between religions and superstitions.
    you can say that again

Hist

Founder of Hism
    Jan 18, 2009
    http://english.aljazeera.net/news/africa/2009/11/20091119112014611167.html

SOMALI WOMAN STONED TO DEATH

A Somali woman has been stoned to death for committing what a judge has said was adultery.

The 20-year-old divorcee was executed on Tuesday after confessing to having had sex with a 29-year-old unmarried man.

Sheikh Ibrahim Abdirahman, the judge for a court created by the rebel group al-Shabab, says the woman was killed in front of a crowd of some 200 people near the town of Wajid.

The woman, who gave birth to a stillborn child, was buried up to her waist before the stoning took place. Her boyfriend was given 100 lashes for having the affair.

The woman's death is the second recorded stoning for adultery carried out by al-Shabab fighters, who are confronting the government and control large parts of Somalia.

Sharia interpretation

Al-Shabab are proponents of stoning as a punishment under their interpretation of sharia (Islamic law).

Mohamed Abdullahi, an East Africa analyst, told Al Jazeera that Islamic law can only be conducted where there is proper jurisdiction in place - not in a lawless failed state like Somalia today.

"The position of the majority of Somalis is that these courts should not be held at all," he said.

"What they are doing is atrocious and un-Islamic, as they don't have at the moment the right investigative judicial setup necessary for such a verdict, in which capital punishment can be brought forward.

"You must have a legal system, a witness system, peace and this is the view of the Somali ulema (legal scholars), the muftis (Islamic law interpreters), that no such verdicts can be conducted in Somalia at the moment."

One man was stoned to death for adultery last week.

His pregnant girlfriend is due to be given the same punishment in the next few months after she gives birth.

In November 2008, a 13-year-old rape victim was stoned to death after being accused of adultery, according to Amnesty International, the London-based human rights group.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    Don't stone me, bro.

Why the fuck should a rape VICTIM be stoned? What is she supposed to do, fight the guy off and manage to win?

What a bunch of retarded barbarians.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
    Oct 2, 2001
    Not even war criminals nor serial killers gets killed this way, what a bunch of morons, I wonder if they could sleep over this.. :disagree:

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    So one minute you are condemning stoning as a backward practice of the middle ages, and the other you are joking about a football player getting stoned?

I like the way you switch on and off in a matter of seconds :p

X Æ A-12

Contributor
    Sep 4, 2006
    Don't even try it Fred, there is a vast difference between making a joke about Henry and approving of 13 year old rape victims being stoned to death:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)