Stock Market (5 Viewers)

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
taking toast out of retard zone
Good news is very, very bad news.

Non farm payrolls 500,000 PLUS! Crazy job growth.

Horrible news for inflation and the Fed is failing!

More leeway for the Fed to finish the job with continuous 25 bps hikes over the year just as Powell declared this week

But careful since unemployment is a lagging indicator so even if the Fed did overtighten (I don't think this to be the case) it wouldn't be visible in the job market until 6 months later maybe.

Either way, overtightening is way better than undertightening and sitting on the edge

Last edited:

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
taking toast out of retard zone

More leeway for the Fed to finish the job with continuous 25 bps hikes over the year just as Powell said this week

But careful since unemployment is a lagging indicator so even if the Fed did overtighten (I don't think this to be the case) it wouldn't be visible in the job market until 6 months later maybe.

Either way, overtightening is way better than undertightening and sitting on the edge
It's true, but this number is probably much hotter than J Pow was expecting. If we get another geopolitical event or something else that spikes inflation again, I could see some thinking they will tighten even more.

/ES down a point and a quarter now. That wall at 4200 was a good shorting opportunity, glad I took some SPY puts there. If we don't close around or above there I think we're going down again IMO.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Massive le resistance at 4200. Might be pretty risky, but AAPL puts for next week and even two weeks out are pretty cheap. If SPY has a bad week and retraces some, I like the looks of that gap at 145 on AAPL. But again, things have been to the moon, so I'm not throwing paychecks at this.

I couldn't believe that number this morning :lol:
It almost seems... made up.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
How is JPOW going to fuck me today. Probably going to make me take a loss on my shorts.

- - - Updated - - -

Fed Chairman only makes $190,000 a YEAR????? :lol:

@lgorTudor

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

^^^^

We were at 4170 on /ES and then Cramer tweets that and it immediately drops 30 points. :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

And we're nuking. Thanks Jerome for the opportunity to add to my SPY puts.

Last edited:

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
This is one fucking annoying market, holy shit. Had to close my puts for a loss earlier in the week and then now we nuke. At least NET did well, but this is just schizo stuff right now.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Re-entered some SPY puts today. If we don't recover overnight I wouldn't be surprised to see us trade 4000 on /ES, looking weak. But I've been wrong before on the short side so it'll probably hold 4080 somehow.

- - - Updated - - -

Weekly chart looks very sus.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)