Stock Market (16 Viewers)

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
This is so dumb lmao. People shouldn’t get hyped by a language learning model that doesn’t draw data past 2021.
It’s a language learning model, all it does is regurgitate coherent sounding responses based on its training data set, and does a mighty fine job at it, but that’s about it. It cannot calculate like a chess engine, or execute high frequency trades (where even milliseconds old data is considered redundant) as is common in algorithmic trading.

Beating the average fund manger is really easy- just buy the S&P500. More than 90% of funds fail to consistently beat it.

Jun 16, 2020
This is so dumb lmao. People shouldn’t get hyped by a language learning model that doesn’t draw data past 2021.
It’s a language learning model, all it does is regurgitate coherent sounding responses based on its training data set, and does a mighty fine job at it, but that’s about it. It cannot calculate like a chess engine, or execute high frequency trades (where even milliseconds old data is considered redundant) as is common in algorithmic trading.

Beating the average fund manger is really easy- just buy the S&P500. More than 90% of funds fail to consistently beat it.
You must be fun at parties

OP
AFL_ITALIA

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
  • Thread Starter #1,614
    "Michael Burry responded to my craigslist ad looking for someone to mow my lawn. '$30 is $30', he said as he continued to mow what was clearly the wrong yard. My neighbor and I shouted at him but he was already wearing muffs. Focused dude. He attached a phone mount onto the handle of his push mower. I was able to sneak a peak and he was browsing zillow listings in central Wyoming. He wouldn't stop cackling.

That is to say, Burry has his fingers in a lot of pies. He makes sure his name is in all the conversations."

I will always think of this whenever I hear his name,

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)