Stock Market (11 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I'm thinking it will, whether through it's usual cycle or some negative news story that comes out. Stimulus "talks" are an easy guess because we all know how that's gonna end.
It gapped up today but I started a position anyway. Forgot how expensive TSLA calls can be. Bought a couple 12/18 $700 strikes and can add if it pulls back. Will have to figure out what to do with earnings at the end of the month.

Head and shoulders on SPY virtually complete. Should have just thrown the entire account at this, but since I played it safe it's just straight vertical. :lol:

lbSRn4HG.png

OP
AFL_ITALIA

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
  • Thread Starter #104
    Can't transfer funds today, I guess because it's Columbus Day :sigh:.

Was going to buy some more Apple before the event tomorrow, but I guess not.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    I see an almost double top, the healthier move would be to form a higher low at 335-340 or so next
    Meant to say inverse head and shoulders. But yeah the double top is worrying for sure and we need a pullback.

- - - Updated - - -

Can't transfer funds today, I guess because it's Columbus Day :sigh:.

Was going to buy some more Apple before the event tomorrow, but I guess not.
    I was an idiot and closed AAPL too soon. Really been doing stupid things lately.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    NIO up 22% today and I didn't have any calls because I went with TSLA instead. :cry: FML

- - - Updated - - -

And also in the news, FSLY down -25% after market based on poor forward guidance. Ouch.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    Missing earnings in a pandemic with with lockdowns seems a bit of a missed opportunity
    Netflix always seems to miss earnings, they did last quarter as well. Some are speculating their loss of subscribers is due to Cuties, which doesn't surprise me because people are stupid.

- - - Updated - - -

Thinking of selling covered calls on FAANG, anybody does this?

maybe in combination with cash secured puts
    I've never done it, but some traders I know do, along with various types of spreads. Seeing as my TSLA trade is dead in the water because of the implied volatility loss after earnings, selling covered calls seems like a good strategy in some markets.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
    Holding TQQQ is like riding an unstoppable train. But the tracks are on fire, the carts are on fire and you are on fire, because this is hell and your fate is too endlessly scream OHHHH and AAAAHHHHH

:rofl:

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    That's yer problem right there: break-even point. You're still attached to the buying price. Let go, grasshopper.

OP
    AFL_ITALIA

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
    Jun 17, 2011
  • Thread Starter #116
    That's yer problem right there: break-even point. You're still attached to the buying price. Let go, grasshopper.
    I just see it as my own personal indicator :p. Everything I own I'm planning on holding for at least another 2 or so years, plenty of time left.

Unless we pull a 1990's Nikkei :scared:

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    With Europe shutting down that adds more uncertainty, so markets are selling again. I really don't like that weekly SPX chart with a double top. If we don't find support around 3300 we could go much lower. I don't have any positions at all right now.

OP
    AFL_ITALIA

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
    Jun 17, 2011
  • Thread Starter #118
    I'm debating selling what I'm up in and holding off until mid November to re-enter as well. If we get any sort of vaccine between now and then I think it would sent things soaring though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)