OP
AFL_ITALIA

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
  • Thread Starter #225
    Just a tad bit overdramatic by the Republicans there :p

- - - Updated - - -

Tomorrow back in NIO before 9th january Sedan launch.
    BNGO is a monster for me.
    BNGO looks good. Might have to get in some calls.
    So I was looking into BNGO this morning, and I noticed that there is also this warrant at roughly half the stock price.
    https://www.stockmarketmba.com/analyze.php?s=BNGOW

Now, I don't know anything so I want to make sure my understanding is correct. Would this not mean that warrant holders could use this to purchase shares at half the current market price, bringing the price of a BNGO share down?

Last edited:

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    Markets looking very dodgy here. US 10 year yield falling, US Dollar rising, fear starting to come back into the picture, possibility of a wild week ahead of us...

- - - Updated - - -

Just a tad bit overdramatic by the Republicans there :p

- - - Updated - - -

So I was looking into BNGO this morning, and I noticed that there is also this warrant at roughly half the stock price.
    https://www.stockmarketmba.com/analyze.php?s=BNGOW

Now, I don't know anything so I want to make sure my understanding is correct. Would this not mean that warrant holders could use this to purchase shares at half the current market price, bringing the price of a BNGO share down?
    I could be wrong, but I think a warrant is more like a stock option as opposed to a newly issued stock offering. So the shares already exist and someone can exercise on the warrant similarly to an option where they get the share for the specified price and then net the difference between the warrant price and current share price. A stock offering is brand new and could definitely lower the share price if the offering is lower than the current price, which it usually would be.

Last edited:

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
    She raised eyebrows of some senators and Wall Street when she said that Treasury would consider the possibility of taxing unrealized capital gains - through a “mark-to-market” mechanism - as well as other approaches to boost revenues
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...-nominee-yellen-tells-lawmakers-idINKBN29O1WX

Pretend you want to go after Wall Street, leave a dozen legal loopholes for them to slip through, actually you are going after the small investor. Heh, nothing personal goyim but stay in your place will ya

OP
    AFL_ITALIA

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
    Jun 17, 2011
  • Thread Starter #229

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...-nominee-yellen-tells-lawmakers-idINKBN29O1WX

Pretend you want to go after Wall Street, leave a dozen legal loopholes for them to slip through, actually you are going after the small investor. Heh, nothing personal goyim but stay in your place will ya
    Doesn't even make sense. How would that even work? And what effect would that have on retirement accounts?
    It basically means that at the end of the year, if you haven't sold your investments, you'll be taxed on those unrealized gains when they mark it to market at the end of the year. So I could have 100 shares of PLTR stock at 30 dollars a share after I bought it at 20, meaning I have a gain of $1000. The IRS would mark to market the gain at the end of the year and I'll have to pay cap gains on that $1000 in April. It could go to zero on January 2nd, yet I still have to pay taxes on said gains even though I have no gains at all. I'll have to pay out of pocket for my tax bill.

Obviously, only a fucking piece of shit, Ponzi scheme artist would come up with such a ploy. But it doesn't matter. I'm preparing for the eventuality that they will make it impossible for people like me to trade and make some extra money, because at the end of the day they really do hate people like us.

OP
    AFL_ITALIA

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
    Jun 17, 2011
  • Thread Starter #231
    It basically means that at the end of the year, if you haven't sold your investments, you'll be taxed on those unrealized gains when they mark it to market at the end of the year. So I could have 100 shares of PLTR stock at 30 dollars a share after I bought it at 20, meaning I have a gain of $1000. The IRS would mark to market the gain at the end of the year and I'll have to pay cap gains on that $1000 in April. It could go to zero on January 2nd, yet I still have to pay taxes on said gains even though I have no gains at all. I'll have to pay out of pocket for my tax bill.

Obviously, only a fucking piece of shit, Ponzi scheme artist would come up with such a ploy. But it doesn't matter. I'm preparing for the eventuality that they will make it impossible for people like me to trade and make some extra money, because at the end of the day they really do hate people like us.
    This is why it doesn't make sense. It sounds like it would be a nightmare to implement and then collect on as well, I have trouble envisioning that happening.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    This is why it doesn't make sense. It sounds like it would be a nightmare to implement and then collect on as well, I have trouble envisioning that happening.
    Well, it doesn't make any sense, but that hasn't stopped them in the past from passing stupid tax laws. Brokers already know your P/L for every transaction that they could easily create a yearly report to send those over to the IRS as well.

So at the end of the year everybody is going to be selling their stocks so they aren't carrying over positions into the new tax year. Hopefully we have a crash every December.

OP
    AFL_ITALIA

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
    Jun 17, 2011
  • Thread Starter #233
    BlackBerry (yes, they still exist) are up almost 80% over the past month.

Capture.JPG

They've been pivoting from cellphones to mobile security software and automotive entertainment software. In December they signed a deal with Amazon to develop a software platform that lets automakers read vehicle sensor data to improve vehicle performance, and just recently won a settlement with Facebook over patent royalties. I bought some shares in early December but at this rate I might go in for more and hope that it keeps up.

Well, it doesn't make any sense, but that hasn't stopped them in the past from passing stupid tax laws. Brokers already know your P/L for every transaction that they could easily create a yearly report to send those over to the IRS as well.

So at the end of the year everybody is going to be selling their stocks so they aren't carrying over positions into the new tax year. Hopefully we have a crash every December.
    True. But your second point is very likely to result from such a change. To create such instability would wreak havoc, and I assume they would know that as well. Shit, the taxes I would've had to pay on Tesla and Square alone...

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    BlackBerry (yes, they still exist) are up almost 80% over the past month.

Capture.JPG

They've been pivoting from cellphones to mobile security software and automotive entertainment software. In December they signed a deal with Amazon to develop a software platform that lets automakers read vehicle sensor data to improve vehicle performance, and just recently won a settlement with Facebook over patent royalties. I bought some shares in early December but at this rate I might go in for more and hope that it keeps up.

True. But your second point is very likely to result from such a change. To create such instability would wreak havoc, and I assume they would know that as well. Shit, the taxes I would've had to pay on Tesla and Square alone...
    They'll probably increase the tax as well.

Juvellino

Mar 19, 2015
    She also spoke negatively about crypto and in classic neoliberal fashion said it could be used to finance terrorists. Naturally the crypto criticism got all the headlines and taxing unrealized gains slipped thru the cracks....

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    She also spoke negatively about crypto and in classic neoliberal fashion said it could be used to finance terrorists. Naturally the crypto criticism got all the headlines and taxing unrealized gains slipped thru the cracks....
    Want to see the largest financier of terrorism? Look at this chart.

:howler:

Fuck all these people.

Apr 9, 2015
    Man, you're on fire. Any chance you could slip me the Mega Millions numbers for this Friday while you're at it? :p
    Sorry wasn't on Tuz.

I am still holding BNGO and GEVO.
    GEVO is a big big play, even now. I am 100% convinced it will be a 50.00 stock and maybe even 100.000 in 2025. They have all the patents for making the biofuels on their way without emission. It is extremely clean. Did you know Co-founder of Gevo Frances Arnold is advisor in Joe Biden's science team. She won the Nobel Prize for science in 2018 and yes indeed. The reason was the way of making isobutanol and GEVO has the patents. Great play in my opinion. Maybe they will be subsidized by Government. They are at least on the radar because of Frances Arnold is in his core team.

Zomedica good play, will launch Truforma 30 march. Easy gains I think, will be at least at 3-4 dollars by then.
    Beside that I have FCEL (Not good play anymore i think) and I am on weedstocks. EV is exploding so it is a little bit too risky for me at the moment. I you want to still invest in EV I think EV charging is more safe.

Take a look at Disney, they have their new streamingservice and it is gaining costumers for fun. If their parks open again and bring some new films they could raise a good %.

OP
    AFL_ITALIA

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
    Jun 17, 2011
  • Thread Starter #238
    Sorry wasn't on Tuz.

I am still holding BNGO and GEVO.
    GEVO is a big big play, even now. I am 100% convinced it will be a 50.00 stock and maybe even 100.000 in 2025. They have all the patents for making the biofuels on their way without emission. It is extremely clean. Did you know Co-founder of Gevo Frances Arnold is advisor in Joe Biden's science team. She won the Nobel Prize for science in 2018 and yes indeed. The reason was the way of making isobutanol and GEVO has the patents. Great play in my opinion. Maybe they will be subsidized by Government. They are at least on the radar because of Frances Arnold is in his core team.

Zomedica good play, will launch Truforma 30 march. Easy gains I think, will be at least at 3-4 dollars by then.
    Beside that I have FCEL (Not good play anymore i think) and I am on weedstocks. EV is exploding so it is a little bit too risky for me at the moment. I you want to still invest in EV I think EV charging is more safe.

Take a look at Disney, they have their new streamingservice and it is gaining costumers for fun. If their parks open again and bring some new films they could raise a good %.
    I was reading about GEVO last week and to me, despite the tech sounding amazing, it sounded kinda sketchy considering how long they've been around and haven't really been doing much, but you've convinced me. I've increased my position in BNGO as well a bit as that seems to be flying recently.

:agree: Aside from the obvious like cruises and hotels, I think Disney is a good reopening stock as well. Never bet against them.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm sure we've all seen GameStop's (GME) recent rise. This is such a wild story.

GameStop Record Run Gives Win to Reddit Army in Citron Clash

• Stock’s 83% rally this week adds to record volatile stretch
    • Citron stops commenting on stock after actions of ‘angry mob’
    In the battle between short-seller Citron Research and an army of Reddit-charged day traders, GameStop Corp.’s seemingly endless rally to an all-time high has given the stock’s bulls a win, though not without controversy.

GameStop’s 83% gain through Friday comes after it more than doubled the week before and marks the most volatile 10-day period on record, data compiled by Bloomberg show. The stock was halted at least four times in New York trading on its way to a a record close. The stock surged 51% Friday to $65.01.

At one point, the video-game retailer was the most actively traded U.S. company with a market value above $200 million, data compiled by Bloomberg show, as millions of shares exchanged hands every few minutes.

GameStop declined to comment.

Reddit users continued to pump up their bets with one user saying they relied on it to pay their student loans.

GameStop’s parabolic rise, which has come amid steady and elevated short interest and increasing volume, has showcased the divide between retail bulls and bears betting on a quick return to reality. More than 193 million shares were traded on Friday, marking the most active day for the company since it went public in 2002.

GameStop became a “cult stock because of Ryan Cohen’s success with Chewy” and retail investors “appear confident that he can implement omnichannel initiatives that will materially grow their earnings,” Wedbush analyst Michael Pachter said in an email.

For the company to be worth $50 a share it would have to quickly double their growth, Pachter, who has a $16 price target which is the second highest among analyst tracked by Bloomberg, continued. In order to give GameStop credit for higher earnings power, Pachter, who rates the stock at neutral, wants to see Cohen’s strategy.

Reddit’s ‘Angry Mob’
    A backlash against Citron by some vocal Reddit users over its views on GameStop came to a head on Friday when the short seller said it will stop commenting on the stock following the actions of “an angry mob.”

“We are investors who put safety and family first and when we believe this has been compromised, it is our duty to walk away from a stock,” Citron managing partner Andrew Left wrote in a Friday letter.

The statement came a day after Left said in a YouTube video that he’d “never seen such an exchange of ideas of people so angry about someone joining the other side of a trade,” referring in part to Reddit users who have been particularly vocal on the social media site in seeking to promote their positive opinions on the video-game retailer’s stock.

GameStop is up 245% in January to date, with its average daily rolling 10-day volatility peaking at the highest level in the nearly two decades the stock has been trading, data compiled by Bloomberg show. Friday’s eye-popping surge fueled its market value above $4.5 billion at its peak.

As the saga played out this week, GameStop fans clashed with Citron after the short seller critiqued shares in a tweet on Tuesday and made plans for a Twitter Inc. livestream the following day. The event was initially pushed back for the inauguration of President Joe Biden and then again on Thursday due to attempts to hack the short-seller’s Twitter account.

On Thursday afternoon, Left posted a YouTube video where he discussed the company, detailing five reasons why he thinks shares of the Grapevine, Texas-based company will “go back to $20.” That’s less than a third of the $65.01 the stock ended Friday’s volatile session at.

On the Sidelines
    Wall Street analysts have largely stayed quiet amid the stock’s recent bout of volatility. CFRA Research analyst Camilla Yanushevsky reiterated her sell rating on Jan. 15 and credited the bulk of last week’s gains to a short squeeze after activist investor and Chewy Inc. co-founder Ryan Cohen was added to GameStop’s board.

Bearish bets have remained steady with 140% of available GameStop shares currently sold short, according to data compiled by S3 Partners. Bears have seen more than $3.3 billion mark-to-market losses this year, according to the financial analytics firm.

“While older existing shorts have been covering some of their positions due to a profit-loss based short squeeze, there is a queue of new short sellers wanting to get short exposure in GME after its recent run-up,” Ihor Dusaniwsky, S3’s managing director of predictive analytics, said by email.
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...-army-a-win-on-record-volatility?srnd=premium

I toyed with the idea of getting in myself, but ultimately decided not to, it's too much for me to handle and I have no idea how much higher it can really go :p.

I predict we'll be seeing more events similar to this in the future if nothing changes. Supposedly retail investors make up 20-25% of the market, up sharply from the previous year. I only have reason to believe that this trend will continue over time. You even have 18 year olds and yougner in on it now. I have no idea when the collective hivemind of WSB thinks they're going to sell, but whether most time it right or not, this is definitely going to garner attention from those with real money to throw around or from algos and only further add fuel to runs like this. Look at today, BlackBerry (BB) started getting mentioned a lot and the price shot up at around 12:30, it's almost at $15 in afterhours. Now I'm glad I bought some more yesterday :D.

bb.JPG

At this point, I'm about to set some money aside just to play around with meme stocks. It seems like there's going to be easy money to be made if you can get your timing right.

Last edited:
    OP
    AFL_ITALIA

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
    Jun 17, 2011
  • Thread Starter #240
    Was thinking about jump on those random meme stocks aswell. But for me it is really hard too find out, most times I am already too late.

GEVO is potentially the stock of 2021.
    I thought the same thing when GameStop was at $30, now it doubled :p. At this point, whatever WSB starts talking about as a whole I would guess.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)