Steven Gerrard (1 Viewer)

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
EPL players need some extra time to accomodate themselves in Serie A, (rule with exceptions ofcourse, but rule and logic)
Gerrard never had a different exp,
the much more exp Vieira still has problems to make the impact he hoped to do,
if Emo leaves us too next year, it will take long long time to make a calibrated team again, forget CL...

Buy on AliExpress.com

Se7en

Feb 24, 2006
hambon said:
Well i guess your are thoughts on Racism and Making fun of an ugly person are different......thats all you i guess and i respkt that....

as for me, i would laugh of the first one because image is not important to me, while i would argue and stand my ground on religious issues since that is much more important to me.

I guess we are like apples and oranges...
The thing is, the first one isn't relevant. When someone comes up to you and says you're ugly, his only intention is to hurt you. That's unacceptable, so I'd hit him.

You can't really discuss about the second option. I'm a bit of a sophist there, but I think you can't have a discussion about belief, since we're too limited to be able to know something about that.

Se7en

Feb 24, 2006
Cronios said:
can you all pl drop this nonsence, (or keep doing it, on another thread if u insist) and try to stay on topic here...
The chances of us getting Gerrard are one in a billion ATM. There's no topic.

Shixian

Sep 4, 2005
Gerrard will be the best buy..if it ever happens..i doubt so.

but his creativity in passing is unbelievable..plus he is young! good for our aging squad..

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Considering Capello actually wants Gerrard and considering the other transfer targets such as Pasqual (another leftback?!) and already purchased Marchionni. Hypothetically Capello could be working on something such as the following for next season:

Buffon
Zambrotta Thuram? Cannavaro Pasqual?
Gerrard Emerson Vieira
Ibrahimovic Trezeguet Mutu

Though will Thuram still be our number one centreback next season?
Do we really need Pasqual? The guy has a great left-leg, but his transfer would really be unneassary. We already have plently of options for the left-back position. With Perez now gone, Madrid buying Ibrahimovic has become less likely. Capello will surely use Ibrahimovic for his plans...... I think Mutu will force his way into the line-up, one way or the other. Other options are Del Piero and Marchionni. I think Nedved will retire, or will take a more marginal role within the squad. Sadly, I think ,one of my favourites, Camoranesi will be the one to pay for new arrivees and will be sold the coming summer.

Though Capello might opt to continue with 4-4-2, which could result in something as the following, which looks a little odd honestly.:

Buffon
Zambrotta Thuram? Cannavaro Pasqual?
Marchionni Emerson Vieira Gerrard
Ibrahimovic Trezeguet

I don't think that formation would work out if played like a standard 4-4-2. Add to that I think the team and certain players( Del Piero and namely Mutu for next season) would benefit if Ibrahimovic actually were to be sold. Hopefully Camoranesi will be kept aboard as well.

All in all I think Gerrard's purchase would unbalance our formation. Even in a 4-3-3, where I think the midfield would lack a forward drive playing with so many central (defensive minded)midfielders.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
i think Xabi Alonso would be as good an option as Gerard, the range in passes he makes is terrific and would undoubtably cost less.

However, Gerrard's adaptability and goals from midfield in an invaluable asset for any team.

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
id prefer alonso over gerrard personally.

but anyway,gerrard has as much chance of coming to juve as inter has of winnings the serie A withing the next 150 years.pretty slim if u ask me.

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
ill say it now & ill say it again, - Never underestimate the phenomenon that is Moggi! I know every Juve supporter thought the Vieira transfer was horseshit but what eventually happened?

no player is irreplaceble & to join Juve is a huge step in any players's career.

Menace

Apr 22, 2005
Uh huh...uh huh...ooh...
I know someday you'll have a beautiful career, I know you'll be a star
In somebody else's team, but why
Why, why can't it be, why can't it be ours

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
I doubt we'll get Gerrard but if I could swap Emerson or Vieira for him I'd do so in a heartbeat. Someone like Gerrard is just what we need; a player who can defend but adds that attacking drive from the centre of midfield.

tassard

Jul 30, 2004
Boksic said:
i think Xabi Alonso would be as good an option as Gerard, the range in passes he makes is terrific and would undoubtably cost less.

However, Gerrard's adaptability and goals from midfield in an invaluable asset for any team.

I'm not so sure of this

Apr 12, 2004
Stuart said:
I doubt we'll get Gerrard but if I could swap Emerson or Vieira for him I'd do so in a heartbeat. Someone like Gerrard is just what we need; a player who can defend but adds that attacking drive from the centre of midfield.
Ballack is better though, at both I think, Ballack is just 3 years older, that is the only problem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)