Steven Gerrard (3 Viewers)

tassard

Jul 30, 2004
Danilo_ said:
Juventus will make a major bid for Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard in the summer.

Armed with the cash from their deal with Mediaset, Juve are preparing an offer for midfielder Gerrard following demands from coach Fabio Capello.

Gerrard only signed a new deal last summer after rejecting a move to Chelsea.

The Mail on Sunday says Capello has told Juve's board he will only consider staying on beyond this season if they show their ambition by making a serious move for Gerrard.

Capello is concerned over the aging legs of Emerson and sees Gerrard as the ideal man to succeed the Brazilian as Patrick Vieira's long-term partner in Juve's midfield.

Don't buy him, don't buy him:D

neath_lad

Jun 25, 2004
seems so stupid because we got a great sponsorship deal and we need a replacement for emo, so we are defiently going to get gerrard. it doesnt matter that he signed a new contact not so long ago, rejecting a 120k a week deal from chelsea.

Luftwaffles

Il terzo uomo
Dec 1, 2005
Comparing Emerson and Gerrard is like comparing Oranges and Apples. Two different types of players.

Whilst Emerson occasionally moves from box to box, he is more of a Makalele type of defensive midfielder.

Gerrard, menawhile, is more like a Michael Ballack type of a mid/attacking midfielder with more pretension to score goals.

Emerson is a griity defender and has a composure in possession that has seen Juventus win many midfield battles.

Mentioned elsewhere, and to some extent derided because of its tribal football source, is the story/rumour/speculation of Moggi looking towards France for Flaubert/Clerc and Ribery.

I cannot speak about the abilities of Clerc and Flaubert but as I've said several times before in the context of finding a suitable replacement for Pavel Nedved, Franck Ribery is the man. Looking again at his two performances for Marseille against Bolton in the UEFA Cup earlier this month, he was the fifference between the two sides. He never fails to impress and I have a feeling that Ribery may slip from under our fingers unless we get a move on eith this one.

As for Gerrard, unless I have got it completely wrong, he will be a Liverpool player until the end of his career. The fact that Fabio Capello has reportedly told Moggi to 'bring me the head of Steven gerrard - or I will jump ship' tells me more about Capello's derire to find an excuse to leave Turin, presumably to manage in, perhaps, England.

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
Never underestimate Moggi! I couldn't agree with u more Luftwaffles, ribery indeed is Juve's answer to the pavel nedved problem!Ribery is so brilliant & he has carried Marseille on his shoulders for such a long time.

Se7en

Feb 24, 2006
Zlatan said:
Actually, I think it's quite possible that Liverpool would rather sell him to us rather than to Chelsea.
Of course they would. Yet 2 chances in a million instead of 1 still doesn't look very well.

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002
Byrone said:
Never underestimate Moggi! I couldn't agree with u more Luftwaffles, ribery indeed is Juve's answer to the pavel nedved problem!Ribery is so brilliant & he has carried Marseille on his shoulders for such a long time.

Ribery is so brillant... but also sooooooooooooooo damm ugly :D:D:D:D:D:D

Sep 28, 2002
i woulnt be surprised to see gerrard leaving pool for a foreign club. i believe its wasnt that chelsea couldnt sign him, he just didnt want to leave livepool for chelsea.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
yeah, i think gerrard might leave liverpool but not for chelsea, because he might face liverpool in england in so many competitions and he doesnt want to play against liverpool.

But would he want to join italian club? and juventus?

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
ribery is a cross breed between human & donkey, & he is soooo good cause any sane defender couldn't bare to look at the lovely oil painting.

Se7en

Feb 24, 2006
Fuck those who keep talking shit about Ribery's face. The guy can't help it and it's completely irrelevant. Not to mention that you are the same guys who condemn racist chants. You sad bunch of wankers.

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
ugliness & racism are 2 completely diffrent topics. i like ribery but he's ugly, yes i said it & ill say it again.why dont u toss 1 se7en

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)