Stevan Jovetic - Forward - Fiorentina (28 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

piotrr

Мodеrator
Sep 13, 2011
I think Stevan is a must buy now for us. Not only because he's a great player. I'm thinking so mainly because giants like city/psg/real/barca/etc don't want to spend more money or have another targets this mercato. In another transfer period it may be completely different. And let's say the truth, if any of the rich clubs will decide to bring Jojo we don't have any chance.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
One or two players could lower the cash component JCK, perhaps not significantly, but enough for us to make it a :donedeal:

Have some faith Jack; you are depressing me :depressed:
There is really nothing to be depressed about. Fiorentina asked for cash, Marotta is not that kind of person who accepts just like that. It will be disappointing that we will end up with Pazzini or Destro but far from depressing. That's our reality.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
It would surely be depressing and disappointing if that scenario transpired. Our attack will be so anemic and docile against the giants of the European game.
Our attack was so anemic and docile against all kinds of teams in Serie A last season and to be honest, Giovinco is not all that who will fix this problem (if you ask me, others think he is the best thing since sliced bread). We have improved a lot this term but we improved what we were good at.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
And I don't see us being able to sell one of them (Quags/Matri) either... Who the fuck would be able to pay a decent transfer sum AND their salary AND form a destination they'd accept... Milan possibly. But Galliani is not going down that road. As if selling Silva and Ibra wasn't fun enough for us :D..

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Someone, please tell me how Udinese play 3-5-2 with Toto.. Would Jovetic or Vucinic (even Quaq) be able to play that type of forward??
Di Natale moves in behind the opposition defence very early and looks to stretch the game when there is space to do so.

Neither Vucinic nor Jovetic are naturally going to run in behind a defence early. Vucinic is more inclined to drift wide and Jovetic will offer himself short and look to get involved with linking the play.

When that space is not there, Udinese tend to rely on penetrating runs from deeper areas from midfielders or wing-backs in order to break a deep, compact defence. Di Natale is then focused primarily on being in goal-scoring positions so that he can finish off the moves that got those runners from deep in behind the defence.

Neither Vucinic nor Jovetic are naturally going to get into goal-scoring positions on a consistent basis and neither are going to finish as consistently well as Di Natale does.

In short, Juve really ought to be focused on getting a proper goal-scoring CF.

Quality isn't all that matters.

Jovetic is a great player that I'd like to see in a Juve shirt. But I still think we need a pure CF in order to create a balanced attack.
:tup:

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
Di Natale moves in behind the opposition defence very early and looks to stretch the game when there is space to do so.

Neither Vucinic nor Jovetic are naturally going to run in behind a defence early. Vucinic is more inclined to drift wide and Jovetic will offer himself short and look to get involved with linking the play.

When that space is not there, Udinese tend to rely on penetrating runs from deeper areas from midfielders or wing-backs in order to break a deep, compact defence. Di Natale is then focused primarily on being in goal-scoring positions so that he can finish off the moves that got those runners from deep in behind the defence.

Neither Vucinic nor Jovetic are naturally going to get into goal-scoring positions on a consistent basis and neither are going to finish as consistently well as Di Natale does.

In short, Juve really ought to be focused on getting a proper goal-scoring CF.

:tup:
Sounds like Van Persie as well, only less expensive. And he's not quite used to playing as a CF, but then again, neither was Robin at Stevans age.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Sounds like Van Persie as well, only less expensive. And he's not quite used to playing as a CF, but then again, neither was Robin at Stevans age.
I've said already that, while it certainly wouldn't be anything like the best option, signing Jovetic with a view to developing into a player capable of playing CF and leading the line, as happened with Van Persie at Arsenal, would be an interesting sort of option/project.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
if all comes to it... I would prefer a CF to be sincere , but if we need to choose... i would get jovetic, offload one of matri or quags, and use Vucinic and one of Matri/quag for our CF , then leave the SS department to gio and jovetic.

Yeh, we will miss out a real killer, but theres always a next season, and with this team im pretty sure we can make it to at least the knockout stages in the CL, and for sure win the serie A. I hae no doubts about it.

Then...with some more funds, go for that elusive striker we are missing and offloa dour less neded forwards to make space for him

napoleonic

Sep 7, 2010
We don't stand a chance against RM or Barcelona, so make it Jovetic pls.
:sergio: are we parma or catania or something? :sergio: euro has proved that juve can hold against RM & Barcelona combined just fine enough with the right preparation, approach and mentality.

:sergio: how can people be so loser even after this season we just witnessed?

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
:sergio: are we parma or catania or something? :sergio: euro has proved that juve can hold against RM & Barcelona combined just fine enough with the right preparation, approach and mentality.

Explain pls. When it mattered, they trashed us 4-0. Just sayin'. 5-1 on aggregate and we didn't even freaking play against Messi or Cristiano. Let alone combined with Villa or Benzema/Higuain.

AndreaCristiano

Nato, Vive, e muore Italiano
Jun 9, 2011

It's in the nature of most on here. They say they believe in the team but really they just want big names. Meanwhile conte wants a squad with a mentality of one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 28)