Stevan Jovetic - Forward - Fiorentina (116 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
Of course not. Hence, why a club like Liverpool is able to pay 35 million Pounds for Carrol, and 25 million Euros for Suarez, waste $#@!loads more on average English talent, maintain their squad, yet not make the CL.

It's one signing FFS; I'm not asking us to splash crazy money like PSG, City, or Chelsea, but if we bought someone like Matri for 18 million, 23-25 million Euros for one single player who is so much better isn't a stretch. However, if you fail to see that, then you are just as delusional as Marotta.

---------- Post added 19.07.2012 at 16:02 ----------

Reread my post. I said especially/particularly forwards. If you feel a forward is a want and not a need, then I have no reason to argue with you, as we are obviously not on the same page. A forward is a $#@!ing necessity, a far more important one than adding depth to the squad FFS. However, if you see otherwise, then let's just end it there.
Look up the meaning of especially: it INCLUDES other positions in this sense. And yes, we have a CF who can bag 20 goals with enough service, so it is a desire.

Depth was much more needed. No use in buying one big forward for big cash if there is nothing left... One inury and all the cash would've been blown.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Hence, why I emphasized forwards, as I knew someone would bring up the Pirlo and Vidal acquisitions. However, not every signing can turn out to be a Pirlo or Vidal, so even in other positions, if you spend low you risk compromising quality for quantity.

Who is the CF who can bag 20 goals with enough service? Matri? :howler: You really think a guy like Matri is someone who can lead our attack? The difference is I have high expectations and ambitions, while you clearly don't, if you wish for someone (who at 28 might I add) who has so far managed one 20 goal season to be the leader of our attack :lol:

Once upon a time, we had a strike force comprising the likes of Del Piero, Trezeguet, Zalayeta, Kovacevic, Mutu, Di Vaio, Henry, etc... (at varying points in time). Matri would've been lucky to be shining shoes for Juventus during that era ;)

Fint

Aug 13, 2010
RAMI¹⁰;3766687 said:
Well, all I am asking is one top player, and I believe we should start getting those...
Trust me mate, I desperately want that to happen as well, but knowing Beppe's track record on how much he's willing to spend, we're not going to be seeing the likes of a Falcao, Cavani or even Jovetic type signing the summer.

I really hope I'm wrong

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Defo with B81 on this..I would have to question the priority of the board if we fail to lure a quality striker..It was of perennial necessity this season and when people say we dont have funds to buy them(or being priced out) i would simply have to laugh at that comment.

We bought Asamoah for depth when easily someone like Marrone could have been used and Isla was not a big necessity either ,we would've had caceres and Licht cover for that position,so thats 19m for something which was not a priority..Not that i am aint happy with these acquisitions,ofcourse i am but come the end of the summer both these acquisitions would seem like needless signings if we fail to address the need for a quality player in attack someone who would be a substantial upgrade over our current attacking spearhead in the starting X1.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
Hence, why I emphasized forwards, as I knew someone would bring up the Pirlo and Vidal acquisitions. However, not every signing can turn out to be a Pirlo or Vidal, so even in other positions, if you spend low you risk compromising quality for quantity.

Who is the CF who can bag 20 goals with enough service? Matri? :howler: You really think a guy like Matri is someone who can lead our attack? The difference is I have high expectations and ambitions, while you clearly don't, if you wish for someone (who at 28 might I add) who has so far managed one 20 goal season to be the leader of our attack :lol:

Once upon a time, we had a strike force comprising the likes of Del Piero, Trezeguet, Zalayeta, Kovacevic, Mutu, Di Vaio, Henry, etc... (at varying points in time). Matri would've been lucky to be shining shoes for Juventus during that era ;)
The difference is I have higher expectations and do not want us to sign someone who can lead our attack for 2 years. I'd be fine with breaking the bank foor Falcao, Cavani, Higuain, Benzema, etc etc. But Van Persie is not worth it. Jovetic is, but he's not a CF.

Matri can easily score 20 goals coming season. He can even score 10 against Milan's current defence. If only Conte had kept faith in him the entire season... But yeah, keep up the clichés, let us buy Van Persie, fail in the CL (since even with him we're not evne close to competing for the victory there) and in years from now we'll realise we blew 70 million and don't have enough cash to pay for a truly great forward.

Again, take every player away we've bought so far, put Van Persie in place. And one injury would be able to ruin the entire season. Not even Van Persie being injured, but also Vidal, Pirlo, Chiellini, Vucinic, etc. etc. Now, we have nothing to worry about.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
What frustrates me and infuriates me in equal measure is the fact that we might not have that extra 5-10 million. We are Juventus FFS; we are not Brescia or Parma. If we have to invest an additional 5-10 million, it's not a significant amount of money for a club of Juventus's heritage and pedigree.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Everybody was beggin to play (with al due respect) an old and slow Del Piero up front, but suddenly a stronger, faster and much younger Jovetic is not good enough to play that position.

It would just be like buying Pirlo when everybody expects Conte to play 4-2-4. He'd hav to make an adaption to his system, but quality stands out, quality always pops up.
Exactly! He is good enough to play for us but not as a finisher!

Too late. PSG already signed him.
I heard Superman is really good but they should really get rid of Chuck Norris as he is too old and too violent...

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
Trust me mate, I desperately want that to happen as well, but knowing Beppe's track record on how much he's willing to spend, we're not going to be seeing the likes of a Falcao, Cavani or even Jovetic type signing the summer.

I really hope I'm wrong
:agree:

In that case JFG, good luck making an impact in the CL, unless we have an ultra easy group, and a lucky draw in the knockout stages :sigh:
:agree: :agree:

Will forward onto Beppe :D
:D

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
The difference is I have higher expectations and do not want us to sign someone who can lead our attack for 2 years. I'd be fine with breaking the bank foor Falcao, Cavani, Higuain, Benzema, etc etc. But Van Persie is not worth it. Jovetic is, but he's not a CF.

Matri can easily score 20 goals coming season. He can even score 10 against Milan's current defence. If only Conte had kept faith in him the entire season... But yeah, keep up the clichés, let us buy Van Persie, fail in the CL (since even with him we're not evne close to competing for the victory there) and in years from now we'll realise we blew 70 million and don't have enough cash to pay for a truly great forward.
I never said I wanted Van Persie over Jovetic. I like Van Persie, and I think he'd be a great short-term (2-3 years) solution, but I'd rather go for someone like Jovetic (affordable wages, a decade left in the tank, potentially extremely high resale value), particularly since we currently (in this summer's mercato at least) won't be able to acquire Higuain/Falcao/Cavani. Next year, with CL exposure, more money, and hopefully another Serie A title under our belt (and Cavani/Higuain/Falcao looking to move on due to a combination of frustration, failure to achieve objectives, desire to accomplish more, etc...) we can spend really big on one key signing.

---------- Post added 19.07.2012 at 16:47 ----------

Oh, and Jovetic won't be coming here as a finisher. He'll be playing behind Vucinic or Quag in a 3-5-2 formation, and as a false lwf in the 4-3-3 formation.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
I never said I wanted Van Persie over Jovetic. I like Van Persie, and I think he'd be a great short-term (2-3 years) solution, but I'd rather go for someone like Jovetic (affordable wages, a decade left in the tank, potentially extremely high resale value), particularly since we currently (in this summer's mercato at least) won't be able to acquire Higuain/Falcao/Cavani. Next year, with CL exposure, more money, and hopefully another Serie A title under our belt (and Cavani/Higuain/Falcao looking to move on due to a combination of frustration, failure to achieve objectives, desire to accomplish more, etc...) we can spend really big on one key signing.

---------- Post added 19.07.2012 at 16:47 ----------

Oh, and Jovetic won't be coming here as a finisher. He'll be playing behind Vucinic or Quag in a 3-5-2 formation, and as a false lwf in the 4-3-3 formation.
If you'd disregard Van Persie in order to get Jovetic, then it's about the same as admitting that a big name attacker is a desire and not a necessity. Since there's absolutely no need to buy Jovetic and you know it.

I'd love to get Jovetic, but as far as our budget goes, we definitely need to integrate Quags or Matri or sell one of them beforehand to pay the transfer sum and salaries. 'though I do believe we're still in for his signing.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
The reason I disregard Van Persie is because of the high risk attributed to this particular deal. Insanely high wages, and 2-3 years of explosiveness, followed by an absolutely low resale value.

Jovetic isn't a necessity (a cf is more of a priority), but if an opportunity presents itself to acquire someone like him, you don't flinch! We could always spend more time and money upgrading our attack again next year. Higuain, Cavani, and Falcao are out of reach for the moment, and those are the only players (along with Suarez) I'd consider taking ahead of JoJo. Having said that, I don't think Jovetic and Vucinic can't co-exist (in fact they do for their national team). Jovetic can play as an SS, while Vuci can be deployed as a CF in a 3-5-2. I think they can both score more goals than Matri, and throughout his career Vucinic actually has a better goalscoring record if I'm not mistaken.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
The reason I disregard Van Persie is because of the high risk attributed to this particular deal. Insanely high wages, and 2-3 years of explosiveness, followed by an absolutely low resale value.

Jovetic isn't a necessity (a cf is more of a priority), but if an opportunity presents itself to acquire someone like him, you don't flinch! We could always spend more time and money upgrading our attack again next year. Higuain, Cavani, and Falcao are out of reach for the moment, and those are the only players (along with Suarez) I'd consider taking ahead of JoJo. Having said that, I don't think Jovetic and Vucinic can't co-exist (in fact they do for their national team). Jovetic can play as an SS, while Vuci can be deployed as a CF in a 3-5-2. I think they can both score more goals than Matri, and throughout his career Vucinic actually has a better goalscoring record if I'm not mistaken.
Actually we're not too far from agreeing on this matter. We both feel like a CF is what would suit the team best, but it's not quite as dramatic as many state here if we don't get one, because next year we'd have another shot at buying one, with a much more complete squad, with less garbage on our wage bill. Which would mean we'd have more resources to push towards that signing.

A signing that could be much more fruitful than the ones we'd be capable of making this mercato. And by the looks of things we'll be the biggest squad in Italy once more. The only concern here is proving to Europe we're a coming team. With a dynamic attack of Vucinic - Jovetic - Giovinco (not in any particular order) plus Isla, Pepe, Matri, that should be possible.

Quags is dispensable to me if we'd get Jovetic. So i'd love to insert him and Pazienza in the deal, but that's daydreaming.

http://www.football-italia.net/21306/juve-–-jovetic-or-van-persie

Interesting read. However, some of the comments are retarded and delusional :howler: :rolleyes:
Especially his conclusion is intersting and I agree with it:
The decision may well rest on how confident La Vecchia Signora are of challenging for the Champions League this season. If they think they have a shot of winning it then Van Persie is the guy to plump for, if they feel that they are still a couple of years away from making a bid then Jo-Jo, as alternatives go, wouldn’t be a bad second choice.
We don't stand a chance against RM or Barcelona, so make it Jovetic pls.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
:agree: :tup: Some of the comments tho :lol: Jovetic isn't worth it, he's an unknown entity, unproven, :blah: :blah: :blah: Either these people are idiots, Milan/Merda fans, or don't watch Serie A :howler:

I honestly think 22 Million + Pazienza + co-ownership of Marrone will seal the deal. Marrone will come back to us a better/more complete player, and we get a gem in JoJo.

I am John

The Anallist
May 1, 2012
:agree: :tup: Some of the comments tho :lol: Jovetic isn't worth it, he's an unknown entity, unproven, :blah: :blah: :blah: Either these people are idiots, Milan/Merda fans, or don't watch Serie A :howler:

I honestly think 22 Million + Pazienza + co-ownership of Marrone will seal the deal. Marrone will come back to us a better/more complete player, and we get a gem in JoJo.
Fully agree with you :agree:

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004

It could not seal the deal when Fiorentina clearly explained that they are only for cash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 116)