Stevan Jovetic - Forward - Fiorentina (20 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
That's not really a fair question because last year was probably Drogba's last good year. He only performed in CL. Next year he'll probably be a lot worse.

And I don't know why you're asking that question.

AndreaCristiano

Nato, Vive, e muore Italiano
Jun 9, 2011
That's not really a fair question because last year was probably Drogba's last good year. He only performed in CL. Next year he'll probably be a lot worse.

And I don't know why you're asking that question.
Because when I made that statement we were talking about if we don't get one of these top players at striker and end up with Destro or pazzini. Someone said that without a top player we won't do anything in CL. So I stated Chelsea won and they weren't the best or most talented. They stated that they had Drogba and he's a decisive forward. So I then made the statement you took out of context

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Well, if Chelsea had Pazzini last year they wouldn't have won CL if that's what you're saying. Drogba wasn't even their main striker and it was decided he was going to retire but he somehow got the motivation and desire to get fired up enough so he could perform in the CL.

AndreaCristiano

Nato, Vive, e muore Italiano
Jun 9, 2011
Well, if Chelsea had Pazzini last year they wouldn't have won CL if that's what you're saying. Drogba wasn't even their main striker and it was decided he was going to retire but he somehow got the motivation and desire to get fired up enough so he could perform in the CL.
He's that type of player always up for the big time

JuveA88

Oct 5, 2003
Someone, please tell me how Udinese play 3-5-2 with Toto.. Would Jovetic or Vucinic (even Quaq) be able to play that type of forward??

IMO, we cannot afford not to buy Juvetic. He is young, massive potential and he is already experienced in Serie A.

However, we already have 3x SS in Vucinic, Giovinco and Quaq. I have a strange feeling though that Quaq will be used as a CF next season, and not a SS..

Still, if we buy Jovetic, we must consider him, Vucinic or Giovinco as CF too like Quaq, and I think Jovetic will be the one, we consider as a CF.

Our starting line-up in a 3-5-2, would therefore be:

Vucinic (Giovinco) Jovetic (Quaq)

So, back to my question, would/could this work, and if so, how would it work in reality without a proper targetman? (Any tactical analysis of Udinese or even Barca available?)

In the end, if we miss out on Jovetic, I blame the purchase of Vucinic last season.. I know many of you are big fans of his, and I am truly grateful for his big role in winning us the scudetto last season, but I still believe that we should have put our fate in Giovinco instead of buying Vucinic, and I am sure, we would still have won the Scudetto..

Then our line-up could be instead:

Jovetic (Giovinco) Cavani/Falcao/etc (Quaq)

1251alex

Dec 13, 2011
Someone, please tell me how Udinese play 3-5-2 with Toto.. Would Jovetic or Vucinic (even Quaq) be able to play that type of forward??

IMO, we cannot afford not to buy Juvetic. He is young, massive potential and he is already experienced in Serie A.

However, we already have 3x SS in Vucinic, Giovinco and Quaq. I have a strange feeling though that Quaq will be used as a CF next season, and not a SS..

Still, if we buy Jovetic, we must consider him, Vucinic or Giovinco as CF too like Quaq, and I think Jovetic will be the one, we consider as a CF.

Our starting line-up in a 3-5-2, would therefore be:

Vucinic (Giovinco) Jovetic (Quaq)

So, back to my question, would/could this work, and if so, how would it work in reality without a proper targetman? (Any tactical analysis of Udinese or even Barca available?)

In the end, if we miss out on Jovetic, I blame the purchase of Vucinic last season.. I know many of you are big fans of his, and I am truly grateful for his big role in winning us the scudetto last season, but I still believe that we should have put our fate in Giovinco instead of buying Vucinic, and I am sure, we would still have won the Scudetto..

Then our line-up could be instead:

Jovetic (Giovinco) Cavani/Falcao/etc (Quaq)
Giovinco was staying at Parma last season no matter what. Vucinic was a masterstroke by Marotta also. If anything, why was Parma's half for Gio bought? One could argue that the funds could have been used for Jojo right now.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
I have to agree. Giovinco probably could have contributed more to Juve than Vucinic did last season. What disappointed me most about the Vucinic transfer was that we had an average player (unfortunately not considered as a back up while Giovinco is) that would take the spot of what I hoped would be a world class player - either CF, SS or left-sided attacker. Vucinic was Marotta's excuse not to buy a quality forward last summer.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
You sound like cronios in that post hehe. And missed the reality of milans sitatution if you think them Will spend most of the money they got, let alone half. Its more likely udinese signs him :p
Then feel free to laugh all you want, as my initial reaction, I don't really care.

---------- Post added 19.07.2012 at 07:55 ----------

Osman :lol:

Go get some sleep and welcome to the "I posted drunk in juventuz" group. Now we need to get Fred and Jack in this group.

And don't lie, you're drunk.

What? I was one of the first people to post drunk on this forum, I probably did it before you even joined here. I just don't do it anymore.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
you know your statement actually reinforces what AC says :D
Touche.

People always hate what they can't understand
But once I dare my soul, it's so easy to get you.

What? I was one of the first people to post drunk on this forum, I probably did it before you even joined here. I just don't do it anymore.
I think I've seen you posting high on this forum about 3 years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 20)