Stephan Lichtsteiner (94 Viewers)

Jul 10, 2006
From Bleacher Report
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...s-juventus-uefa-champions-league-clash/page/4

Stephan Lichtsteiner Is a Nightmare to Play Against

If Celtic were hoping to bully and intimidate the Juventus back line, they obviously didn't do their homework on Stephan Lichtsteiner. A nightmare to play against when he's on form, the Swiss defender is physical, troublesome on the ball and not afraid to test the rules off of it.

Though there were no innocent parties on a night that saw a lot of aggressive football, Celtic were furious about what they saw as unfair tussling in the box, with the aforementioned Lichtsteiner playing a starring role in the rule-breaking. After the game Neil Lennon spoke about the officiating (via Goal.com).

I'd like to ask the referee: "Is the game different in Spain and Italy?" Every time one of my players was moving or trying to lose his man he was fouled, time and time again. He should have given a penalty on at least two occasions for us.

Lichtsteiner gets under people's skin, and he certainly ran the risk of conceding a penalty at some stages of the game, but Juve fans will point out that he only gave as good as he got from the Celtic players, which is a fair point.

A note for Neil Lennon: People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

frick

Apr 4, 2010
He tried a lot, ran a lot, but his crosses were awful today for the most part. Very unfortunate.
Today? His crosses have been awful this whole season.

It's baffling how bad his crosses are when he looks like class everytime he receives the ball. The complete opposite of De Ceglie.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
He's never going to be a factor in offense. Defensively he's fantastic but against teams we're better and where we need to attack, he's not enough. I don't know what the hell is going on with Isla but the Isla from Udinese is exactly what we need.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 94)