Stephan Lichtsteiner (559 Viewers)

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Like I said before, if I good offer comes I'll not be surprised if we sell him, considering we have Isla now.

Before somebody jumps on me - no, I don't think we should sell him and yes, he was amazing last season.

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
Like I said before, if I good offer comes I'll not be surprised if we sell him, considering we have Isla now.

Before somebody jumps on me - no, I don't think we should sell him and yes, he was amazing last season.
We don't know even how Isla will perform since he's still injured.

If they paid 40M for TS, I expect the same fee for Licht from those motherfuckers.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
We don't know even how Isla will perform since he's still injured.

If they paid 40M for TS, I expect the same fee for Licht from those motherfuckers.
I know. But we do have Licht, Isla and Caceres on that position at the moment.

Silva did prove himself much more. I don't think they'd go above 20mln.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
I love his football and grinta, but the truth is he's going to be a backup this season.

So, for 25M it's worthy. We would lose a backup RB to get our damn starting poacher.

---------- Post added 17.08.2012 at 14:18 ----------

I mean, for 20M, it would be enough to get Jovetic. So if it means to get a guy like that, I'm afraid it's worthy. Caceres can play as a RB (his natural position), he should be a decent backup RB. And as a backup RWB, Pepe or Caceres can do the job.

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
I get your point, but I wouldnt sell Licht unless he wants to go and the fee is right meaning big money. Honestly, I don't see any WC fullbacks available atm, hard to come by/rare.

and fullbacks that are strong in attack and defense are even harder to find. Licht and Lahm are probably the only RB's.

Regarding Silva, he failed when he first came to Europe and minus the hype he wasn't even that good this season. Late bloomer and still unproven to lead a defence

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I love his football and grinta, but the truth is he's going to be a backup this season.

So, for 25M it's worthy. We would lose a backup RB to get our damn starting poacher.

---------- Post added 17.08.2012 at 14:18 ----------

I mean, for 20M, it would be enough to get Jovetic. So if it means to get a guy like that, I'm afraid it's worthy. Caceres can play as a RB (his natural position), he should be a decent backup RB. And as a backup RWB, Pepe or Caceres can do the job.
I don't think if we get money from his selling that Marotta will use that money to increase an offer for a striker.

I am John

The Anallist
May 1, 2012
He's not gonna be sold, we're building depth for 2 schemes - 433 and 352, and I dont see the urgency of selling him, we're not Udinese for example and Im confident that the reason we havent signed any top striker yet is not about the lack of money we have.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
I don't think if we get money from his selling that Marotta will use that money to increase an offer for a striker.
I don't see why not.

Getting Jovetic is very important for Juventus' future. Pirlo is the difference maker now, and his intelligence is unmatched by 99.9% of football players. To me Jovetic's greatest quality is his brain. He's so intelligent. He would take over the creativity duty, along with Pogba, while Pirlo fades away.

Regarding the backup position, Caceres is decent as a RB and Padoin could be as a RWB.

Litch is a WC RB for sure, but Conte decided to change the scheme and that's it. Isla was bought for a reason. Litch will definitely play much less than he deserves.

IMO even a 17M fee would do it. Getting Peluso for 1M + 6M (cover LB and CB), Armero co-own for 5M and Jovetic for 25M + Quagliarella would be awesome to Juventus.

And as Conte loves and trusts Padoin completely, who is the current backup RW, I don't doubt he would tell Marotta that Litch is free to go if that means getting his LLorente/Dzeko/Jovetic + Armero.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 558)