Stephan Lichtsteiner (10 Viewers)

VuvuzelaBzz

Son of a Shepherd
Jun 23, 2013
Seeing a few Chelsea links :scared:

I have no idea about Chelsea's squad - would he fit there?
They lack depth in both fullback positions. Left back is more pressing because they're currently forced to play the right-footed Azpilicueta there, but they could use someone to bench Ivanovic. I could see it happening if we get Cuadrado, but realistically they're better off looking for a LB.

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
I had a feeling this might happen. As I said in the transfer forum, I wonder whether we would get a replacement if Cuadrado arrives. Cuads and Alves would take care of the right wing back role. However, in a back 4 situation, who would fill in for Alves if he is not available? Could Benatia or Barzagli play there? I wonder.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Barzagli can play at right back. IIRC he played in that position a few games when licht was out early last season. A case in point is the sevilla home win, last year where he was a beast.

If we get cuadrado then its a sacrifice were going to have to make so I totally understand lichts position. No hard feelings. But if we dont get Cuadrado, then.. oh dear!

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Yeah that would be bad. Licht has been here for 5 years, his knocking on the doors of legend. is he one? almost, but not far and then he and us ruin then ruin the mutual respect by selling him to Inter? :inter:

Sad Statue

wannabe Bart Simpson
Mar 28, 2006
Well I get all this respect to the player's will etc but there is some point at which the club has to think according to its own interest and say no. Sorry but no..

Lichtsteiner has been a good and loyal soldier and he deserves respect but he should understand that it's 2 days before the transfer deadline. You can't request a transfer right now. There is simply no time and no options.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Well I get all this respect to the player's will etc but there is some point at which the club has to think according to its own interest and say no. Sorry but no..

Lichtsteiner has been a good and loyal soldier and he deserves respect but he should understand that it's 2 days before the transfer deadline. You can't request a transfer right now. There is simply no time and no options.
It's hardly a surprise. You don't get Dani Alves to bench him and it's obvious we are going for an even more offensive team. It makes total sense to let Lichtsteiner leave in that regard. Also, he's 32 and he has been a tremendous professional his entire career. I am sure this guy just wants to play instead of wasting half a season or even an entire season sitting on the bench.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
The cuadrado rumours are unsettling. I dont think its the fact that he doesnt believe he can fight Dani Alves for the position but rather because of these rumours and of course our own words that we are trying for him which has made him unsettled. If cuadrado comes then licht will be fighting for a spot on the bench nevermind a place on the pitch.

Sad Statue

wannabe Bart Simpson
Mar 28, 2006
It's hardly a surprise. You don't get Dani Alves to bench him and it's obvious we are going for an even more offensive team. It makes total sense to let Lichtsteiner leave in that regard. Also, he's 32 and he has been a tremendous professional his entire career. I am sure this guy just wants to play instead of wasting half a season or even an entire season sitting on the bench.
I agree. He's a professional and he should be looking after his own interest. On the other hand, requesting a transfer on the 30th of August is not so professional. It was known that Dani was coming for some time now.

ADP1897

Apr 17, 2014
Yeah that would be bad. Licht has been here for 5 years, his knocking on the doors of legend. is he one? almost, but not far and then he and us ruin then ruin the mutual respect by selling him to Inter? :inter:
In that case he'll be different kind of legend.

Sent from my SM-A800F using Tapatalk

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
inter have ridiculous backs on both flanks, licht would walk into their starting 11 without breaking a sweat. it would be a huge mistake to strengthen those fuckers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)