Stephan Lichtsteiner (27 Viewers)

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Makes little sense to sell him, we'd have zero backups for Alves at RB - Cuadrado can only play RWB.
Cuadrado is pretty much a younger, fancier and less trustworthy version of Alves, who imo is also a RWB. Truth is, our only RB is Licht. But we opted for a more offensive team, playing a true 3-5-2, rather than a 5-3-2, which is sometimes the case if you field both Evra and Licht. If we get Cuadrado, surely Lichtsteiner is going to go imo.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Selling lich would be a mistake unless de sciglio is lined up. Alves and cuadrado do almost nothing defensively.
Did you miss the first 2 games? Alves was excellent defensively. Won the ball back several times with good tackles, made a number of interceptions, etc. it was going forward he was poor.

He had 7 tackles, 6 interceptions, and 2 clearances in his first 2 games here.

Last year he had 4.1 tackles/game, 1.5 interceptions/game, 1.0 clearances/game. Lichtsteiner had 1.0 tackles/game, 0.5 interceptions/game, and 1.1 clearances/game.

Alves played RB. Behind and overlapping with a RWF in Messi. He was always very solid defensively, hence the reason Messi has never had to do any defensive work.

I have no idea where this absurd misconception came about that Alves is a poor defender.
@CrimsonianKing

NitK

Jul 22, 2008
Licht reminds me of Homer Simpson in the episode Homer At Bat. Wrong place, wrong time, when a superstar comes in.

From 24 seconds in...

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Did you miss the first 2 games? Alves was excellent defensively. Won the ball back several times with good tackles, made a number of interceptions, etc. it was going forward he was poor.

He had 7 tackles, 6 interceptions, and 2 clearances in his first 2 games here.

Last year he had 4.1 tackles/game, 1.5 interceptions/game, 1.0 clearances/game. Lichtsteiner had 1.0 tackles/game, 0.5 interceptions/game, and 1.1 clearances/game.

Alves played RB. Behind and overlapping with a RWF in Messi. He was always very solid defensively, hence the reason Messi has never had to do any defensive work.

I have no idea where this absurd misconception came about that Alves is a poor defender.
@CrimsonianKing
Thing i noticed a lot with Alves in the last match is how central he was, almost as another central midfielder. I dont know if this was allegri's intention or what but I can't say I was too keen on the idea as we lacked width on the right hand side at times, when Licht would be there ready to receive.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
gazzetta writing his brother/agent is pushing for a move to inter. i just can't imagine licht wanting to play for merda after the last 5 years he spent with juve.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 26)