Stefano Sturaro (12 Viewers)

Collaguazo

Pezuña Brava
Mar 4, 2012
When you've lived in Thailand for as long as I have, and every time you have people visiting they demand to see something different/unique, you become incredibly knowledgeable in the "dark arts." :D
I see a business opportunity here. We can setup up an agency to import ladyboys here to Ecuador for bachelor parties, massage parlours, etc.

We need something more exotic here. For example, you can't ask for an innocent lesbian show or jumping on top of them while they are dancing without the girls getting offended and claiming you broke their silicon boobs.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Recently I realized that I became a Juve fan 20 years ago. With the exception of once in 30 years talents like Pele, Maradona or Messi, I've seen every single profile of a football player.
Among them, I saw talented or even extremely talented players who failed here. Players like Henry, Esnaider, O'Neill, Salas, Olivera, Palladino, Miccoli, Mutu, Marchionni, Aquilani, Giovinco and Diego.
I also saw average, or even below average players, who managed to stay long and even play often, because they tried really hard to overcome the lack of talent. Here I can mention Torricelli, Conte, Birindelli, Amoruso, Tacchinardi, Pessotto, Zalayeta, Iaquinta, Pepe, Sissoko, Chiellini.

And I've also seen timbers with zero talent. Guys like Paro, Blasi, Giannichedda, Boumsong, Molinaro, Motta... and the hero of this thread. Sturaro is a warrior and tries really hard. Yet, his lack of talent is so obvious that there is no way to overcome it.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
I might get some laughs from this but for me, his technique is not THAT bad (crossing with time, dribbling at speed, even some long passes). And his athleticism is basically elite. It's definitely elite for an Italian player (which probably matters to us).

You can see why we'd buy him at the age we did. After all, he had moments like against Napoli when he raced Insigne the whole field and made an insane tackle. But his decision making is so unbelievably bad. He's at least a half second behind with the ball at his feet. And his first touch is really poor, which I guess would go under the technique column.

I would legitimately love to see him try RB though for the hell of it.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
I might get some laughs from this but for me, his technique is not THAT bad (crossing with time, dribbling at speed, even some long passes). And his athleticism is basically elite. It's definitely elite for an Italian player (which probably matters to us).

You can see why we'd buy him at the age we did. After all, he had moments like against Napoli when he raced Insigne the whole field and made an insane tackle. But his decision making is so unbelievably bad. He's at least a half second behind with the ball at his feet. And his first touch is really poor, which I guess would go under the technique column.

I would legitimately love to see him try RB though for the hell of it.
His first touch and short passing, particularly at a higher tempo, is so bad though

- - - Updated - - -

Recently I realized that I became a Juve fan 20 years ago. With the exception of once in 30 years talents like Pele, Maradona or Messi, I've seen every single profile of a football player.
Among them, I saw talented or even extremely talented players who failed here. Players like Henry, Esnaider, O'Neill, Salas, Olivera, Palladino, Miccoli, Mutu, Marchionni, Aquilani, Giovinco and Diego.
I also saw average, or even below average players, who managed to stay long and even play often, because they tried really hard to overcome the lack of talent. Here I can mention Torricelli, Conte, Birindelli, Amoruso, Tacchinardi, Pessotto, Zalayeta, Iaquinta, Pepe, Sissoko, Chiellini.

And I've also seen timbers with zero talent. Guys like Paro, Blasi, Giannichedda, Boumsong, Molinaro, Motta... and the hero of this thread. Sturaro is a warrior and tries really hard. Yet, his lack of talent is so obvious that there is no way to overcome it.
Marchionni was talented? I don't remember that :p

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006

I'd rather take a current Giannichedda, Tachinardi, Conte over sturaro still

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
I'd like to have kept Luca Marrone
he looked great against atalanta (del piero farewell match), didn't he? i thought we had our next marchisio.
He played a bunch of games for Zulte Waregem last season. Never really stood out.
By now I think it's fair to say he's another one of those great talents who end up being average players at best.

NitK

Jul 22, 2008

What a crazy few years that cycle had...Molinaro, Iaq, Momo, Giannichedda :touched:

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
He played a bunch of games for Zulte Waregem last season. Never really stood out.
By now I think it's fair to say he's another one of those great talents who end up being average players at best.
agreed. i saw him a couple of times last year as a local tv broadcasts the belgian league, and he looked like an average player even in that league. i feel sorry for him, i always want our primavera guys to succeed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)