Stefano Sturaro (5 Viewers)

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
If he develops to be 75% of Bonucci I'll be happy. He still looks very bad to me in possession-based performances. Tougher games by all means throw him in, he adds bite and tempo. Once he matures he'll learn to make passes that better suit his skill set.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
If he develops to be 75% of Bonucci I'll be happy. He still looks very bad to me in possession-based performances. Tougher games by all means throw him in, he adds bite and tempo. Once he matures he'll learn to make passes that better suit his skill set.
Well, he is kind of matured already.... not sure if he will improve that much.

But well bonucci is the prime example of from zero to hero so anything ca happen.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
I actually don't mind Sturaro in the opponent's box. I think his attacking work rate and finishing is acceptable. I think he generates more chances then he should just because of his eagerness to put himself into good positions.

His passing is a big weakness. He loses any effectiveness when we have 60% or more possession.

But it is tempting to hang onto him in hopes of him sorting out the passing because an Italian CM who dies for the shirt is always a plus.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
We all saw how much bonucci developed at his time at juve, i hope sturaro and rugani develops similarly :tuttosport:
Come on dude, Bonucci allways had the significant talent, was good ball playing leader in Bari (took a while to hone but reason we believed in him was that potential quality), Rugani performed like a MVP level defender for Empoli. Don't equate Sturaro to them.

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
Come on dude, Bonucci allways had the significant talent, was good ball playing leader in Bari (took a while to hone but reason we believed in him was that potential quality), Rugani performed like a MVP level defender for Empoli. Don't equate Sturaro to them.

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk
Which means Juventus buying Sturaro was charity for Make-A-Wish foundation

He's obviously limited technically but plenty of players improved even in that area.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Not a charity lol, but I doubt they expect him to turn into anything close to a top player like they did with the mentionned two. I mean he is 23 and can barely pass and controll a ball, he is a good hustler and has warrior attitude, gives his all when called upon, but dont expect too much of him just because he had a very good game now.

Jun 6, 2015
I think you are wrong on this one, he has the physical and mental ability to succeed. His technical ability is his biggest weakness but technical ability is overrated among football fans anyways. We've seen plenty of players with ridiculously good technical ability fail to make it on the big stage because they lack mental and physical strength.

I'll take a player with good mental qualities over a skillful rabona dickhead any day. Technical ability doesn't alone define how successful a player is going to be.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I think you are wrong on this one, he has the physical and mental ability to succeed. His technical ability is his biggest weakness but technical ability is overrated among football fans anyways. We've seen plenty of players with ridiculously good technical ability fail to make it on the big stage because they lack mental and physical strength.

I'll take a player with good mental qualities over a skillful rabona dickhead any day. Technical ability doesn't alone define how successful a player is going to be.
Everything you just said is completely irrelevant since its hardly related to Sturaro. Its bizzare if all it took was one good game vs Roma to turn everything upside down, he is the same sloppy player we been watching for a year, unless consistently is that useful, I remain sceptical, and yes frigging technique matters alot. And he is a tenacious and agressive as heck, but I wouldnt say his physical strength is all too impressive, just has strong will more like and gives all.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
Not a charity lol, but I doubt they expect him to turn into anything close to a top player like they did with the mentionned two. I mean he is 23 and can barely pass and controll a ball, he is a good hustler and has warrior attitude, gives his all when called upon, but dont expect too much of him just because he had a very good game now.
I don't think they thought they could turn him into a world beater, but he can without a doubt become a good player if he improves. Even at this point, if he consistently has half the output he showed against Roma then he can be important. His work rate and agression is an asset, and he's young. Our most dedicated player in midfield, and working hard is infectious.

My opinion on him doesn't only depend on the last game, he was never as bad as what he showed in the other games. This wasn't his true level in my opinion, he simply had confidence issues (easy to say now, but I truly believed that and never shitted on him).

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
No half the output showed against Roma wouldnt be important, would not be good enough, that implies he had a superhuman supreme performance, while it was mainly a good aggressive shift he put in. Needs more of that.

Jun 6, 2015
Everything you just said is completely irrelevant since its hardly related to Sturaro. Its bizzare if all it took was one good game vs Roma to turn everything upside down, he is the same sloppy player we been watching for a year, unless consistently is that useful, I remain sceptical, and yes frigging technique matters alot. And he is a tenacious and agressive as heck, but I wouldnt say his physical strength is all too impressive, just has strong will more like and gives all.
I've always maintained that I see promise in Stururu so obviously I disagree with you on this one but we'll have to wait and see. I hope I'm right though and not just because I like being right but because it would be great for Juve if Stururu can keep on improving :D

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
@il brutto He should improve, his level has not been acceptable enough IMO so improvement is foregone conclusion to have lasting use for the club. Question how significant the improvement will be, because you can hustle as much as you want, but if you are detriment to the team in possession as he has been often so far (and his ball winning skills isnt even that impressive, more of a pitbull hounding type then proficient crisp tackler), then it wont turn out pretty.

Not everything is a Bonucci like story, Bonucci's issues were mental focus and confidence related errors, his core quality as a player was allways standout level potential. While Sturaro is pretty much what you see is what you get limited type talent, its hard to see how someone that skillset elevating much, besides improving tactically and mentally with experience, basic footballing skills doesnt take a clear step up when you already 23.

Jun 6, 2015
Sturaro will never become a good passer, he needs to become some sort of scoring threat in order to be of use when we attack. Not expecting him to reach Bonucci's heights but I'm confident on him being a very useful part of our team for the next few years.

I don't think it's a coincidence that we've looked more secure and even have played better football with Mandzukic, Sturaro and Lichtsteiner all in the team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)