Stefano Sturaro (12 Viewers)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
He is not a regista but a DM or all around CM. And he played when our midfield was ravaged, played with Padoin /Hernanes, Sturaro and a lost Pogba. Sturaro looked poor in those games too, more so then Lemina (Lemina is better Ballwinner and technically smooth, plays simple well), except both sucked big Vs Sassuoulo. But it seems it's too easy for folks to forget his good games too (Genoa, Napoli).

This injury is hugely unfortunate, because I liked to see him grow with our foundation strong since Marchisio has been back, and Khedira's added experience. Even if the German rarely impresses me. As right side mobile ball winner he would do well imo, substitute Khedira and add more strength and tackling.

Sturaro hustles well like a hound, but he lacks the high end tackling ability to consistently do it while covering big spaces (plus technically more limited). For this role I see more hope in Lemina to intimidate opponents plus added technical qualities of his, good dribbling and strong and quick enough to escape pressure. Forsee him shinning in current set up. Even more so when doesn't have the burden of keeping too much possession any longer and our team isn't the poor morale mess is was back then with the injuries.

His career with us 4 games. Great debute vs Genoa.

Uneventful regular performance Vs a Frosinone who we attacked nonstop and barely needed our hard working players for.

MOM Vs Napoli, and not just for scoring, only game he played RCM and was exceptional off and on the ball, despite playing next to Hernanes and in front of Padoin he had to bail out nonstop, bullied Napoli players.

Final full game vs Sassuoulo, crap performance by him and midfield who couldn't cope with the pressure. Too nervous on the ball, missed passed or passed defenders too much.

Basically my impression is people only seem to recall last game, and also forget the huge difference the Juve he played with, and current one.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
Think of it this way. These teams have shitty scouting networks and so very rarely can pick up good players. Now they are rich and so will begin to pick our benches for very large sums of money. We do not have large sums of money but are very good at scouting good players at very low price. Our bench can be like their middle man from now on. We get good squad players on the cheap and they buy them for very good money to be their first team players. We can then have more money to spend on first team quality players as well as new squad players. It can be a very good cycle.

Hopefully we can offload Cacares, Zaza, Sturaro, Lemina, Padoin, Hernanes to these clubs for very good profit and reinvest it in similar but cheaper squad players and have money on the side to get starter material.

I personally wouldnt sell Sturaro yet given he is the most reliable if not the only reliable one of our midfield bench players. If an offer came for hernanes or lemina however, I wouldnt think twice.

I'd also cash in on Zaza in the summer after the Euros maybe his price increases even further if he has a decent showing and sign Matri or Quags, or even Toni back on a 1 year contract. We need a good dybala sub, a licht rotation player, a marchisio sub and obviously an AM if we want to be able to switch between 3-5-2 and 4-3-1-2 next season.
If we're in a market where Sturaro and Zaza cost 17M and 27M respectively, than it would probably also mean that Cuadrado costs 35M or over.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Hopefully we can offload Cacares, Zaza, Sturaro, Lemina, Padoin, Hernanes to these clubs for very good profit and reinvest it in similar but cheaper squad players and have money on the side to get starter material.

I personally wouldnt sell Sturaro yet given he is the most reliable if not the only reliable one of our midfield bench players. If an offer came for hernanes or lemina however, I wouldnt think twice.

I'd also cash in on Zaza in the summer after the Euros maybe his price increases even further if he has a decent showing and sign Matri or Quags, or even Toni back on a 1 year contract. We need a good dybala sub, a licht rotation player, a marchisio sub and obviously an AM if we want to be able to switch between 3-5-2 and 4-3-1-2 next season.
:sergio:

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
He was a rock in that midfield today. This kid doesn't take $#@! from anybody :lol:
When we first got him I read how he had a bit of a gladiator mentality. Then last year when one of his first few appearances was against RM in the CL and he stood right in Ramos' face, I thought to myself, "Hmm. This kid really does not give a fuck".

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
When we first got him I read how he had a bit of a gladiator mentality. Then last year when one of his first few appearances was against RM in the CL and he stood right in Ramos' face, I thought to myself, "Hmm. This kid really does not give a fuck".
:agree:

There was also a moment in the second half of that game when Pepe absolutely smashed him in a challenge near the sideline. And Sturaro just got up and shrugged it off like it was nothing. Lol. You could tell this kid has big balls from then.

juventus4life

Apr 21, 2012
:agree:

There was also a moment in the second half of that game when Pepe absolutely smashed him in a challenge near the sideline. And Sturaro just got up and shrugged it off like it was nothing. Lol. You could tell this kid has big balls from then.
How do I download the two full games with Real last season. I missed them both during my Italy and France visits with my parents last year. Constantly checking the scores though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)