Stefano Sturaro (23 Viewers)

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Can be useful, but i've come to expect more from a juve midfielder. Reminds me of Nocerino so much. He exploded one season under Allegri as well. He was unable to hide his lack of quality ultimately.

Jul 20, 2012
Sturaro needs to work on his composure on the ball, he'll be a top player in his category if he does. Gattuso was not a strong technical player but he generally knew when and how to release the ball to better footballers. Sturaro still dawdles on the ball too much for my liking, he needs to see what is around him.

The Vidal comparison is interesting because there are some similarities. For CM players they are both sharp in front of goal, they both have very good defensive skills (Vidal is the best in the world for this), both have a degree of fearlessness to their games, and also there were many times where Vidal would would give the ball away and then win it back himself, which Sturaro tends to do. Where Vidal is much better is his awareness and reading of the game.

I don't think you can replace Vidal like-for-like because he is a fairly unique player in the last 15 or so years, but for what will amount to €11m he is on the right track.
:tup: yet people will still talk shit about him

B3N

Floro Fckin' Flores
May 16, 2010
..Gattuso was not a strong technical player but he generally knew when and how to release the ball to better footballers...
99.9% of times to Pirlo at first sight. :D

Forza Stu. I dont think he could improve his technic by much, like Marchisio for example @koskholagha that just come natural and he doesnt seem like the type built for it, but yeah composure and awarness, his first touch. Beside a semi decent counter of Morata and Pogba, his goal was mainly due his touch receiving Pogbas pass.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Place this guy by a keyplayer and the key player won't hit any ball in the whole match.

Great player for CL matches.
His defensive ability is more so for been useful in system setting and bunkering approach where whole team defends in tandem. Then making some tackles and time for little else limits him to his strength. But he is not some Marque defensive player on his own that can dominate the area on his own. Saying otherwise is ridicolous overrated, only in this season he had so many games where he completely disappeared and didn't insert his presence in the manner you describe (on average players let alone top players as you describe).

He is a fighter and is very intense in closing down (as said, primarily in big games where this is needed more due to game plan) , but that doesn't make him some DM powerhouse automatically. That's something you actually have to show with some consistency (he can't even start being consistently useful yet even). That reality doesn't change just because they got lost in the romanticism of grinta battling types that give it all for the shirt. His all is remotely not good enough yet. Like Nocerino wasn't either, no matter how much Juventini hyped him in the beginning.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 23)