Stefano Sturaro (6 Viewers)

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
he thrives when he has great partners next to him, he is not leader yet, but when the whole team is playing good he can do great things. His defensive work cannot be forgotten even if he is sometimes really frustrating with his passing. 22 years old italian is always welcomed in our team, at least you know he wont leave when he sees oportunity. Though I still dont think he should be a first team player for us, but in 3-4 for years im pretty sure he will be a huge player. Talent is not everything and this guy has a heart of a lion.

Buy on AliExpress.com

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
Agree with that. He shows a lot of cojones every time his in the field. He's young and he could be better... As some of you said. Do the easy and touch fast

JuveID

Allegri and Beppe Mania
Feb 5, 2015
So within 1-2 years he will be Vidal level, its that easy, is it? Because Vidal was around 23-24 when we got him.
Vidal was 24 years old when we got him.
Sturaro do not need to make people think "he reach vidal level".
Because some people will make higher standard than vidal himself.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Lol true. He has grinta and decent tackling but quite limited in overall to have hope for more then he is really. Just being more well rounded with experience is most realistic.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Davids really? Doesnt make sense at all Mr Magoo, he was alot of things Sturaro wasnt (despite both being tenacious), for one extremely skillfull baller. More so then Vidal too, tho bit undiscplined.

I mean this doesnt exactly scream Sturaro, does it? :D

Was a one man show with the ball, street baller.

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
Davids really? Doesnt make sense at all Mr Magoo, he was alot of things Sturaro wasnt (despite both being tenacious), for one extremely skillfull baller. More so then Vidal too, tho bit undiscplined.

I mean this doesnt exactly scream Sturaro, does it? :D

Was a one man show with the ball, street baller.
I know It... Stu is more gatusso but I didn't want to use a Milán player

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I know It... Stu is more gatusso but I didn't want to use a Milán player
Then, even if its ahead of our times, and insanely too flattering for Sturaro, use this guy as an example, more appropiate. Besides being italian (legendary hero), he signified grinta, hard vicious tackles, and world class box to box tenacious overall midfielder skills:

He murders Rivera 2 seconds into the game's kick off, cynically knowing ref is unlikely to show red and going all in to intimidate and faze Italy's nr 1 darling :D

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
The one thing I love about him is how he isn't intimidated by a big occasion. Staring down Ramos, getting into physical midfield scraps with the likes of Yaya Toure. The boy has personality. He just really needs to improve his passing if he wants to become a really good CM.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Attitude is on point when he is facing teams that have the ball/pushing us back. Its the overall talent and skill thats lacking when we and he is supposed to have the ball and do something with it. He really should refine his game and adapt to playing as much one-touch passes as possible. But that also requires technique and awareness he doesnt possess.

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
Then, even if its ahead of our times, and insanely too flattering for Sturaro, use this guy as an example, more appropiate. Besides being italian (legendary hero), he signified grinta, hard vicious tackles, and world class box to box tenacious overall midfielder skills:

He murders Rivera 2 seconds into the game's kick off, cynically knowing ref is unlikely to show red and going all in to intimidate and faze Italy's nr 1 darling :D

That first kick is really something... He never saw that hit coming :lol:

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014
Davids was like Vidal on huge steroids and sometimes Edgar was unable to keep it cool with so much anabolics. :D

Sturaro is an overall good defensive midfielder. He could be very useful in the long run but I doubt he will reach the level of De Rossi, who looks closest to him for the overall abilities. Who knows though, he might grow a lot in the next 3-4 years.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Sturaro needs to work on his composure on the ball, he'll be a top player in his category if he does. Gattuso was not a strong technical player but he generally knew when and how to release the ball to better footballers. Sturaro still dawdles on the ball too much for my liking, he needs to see what is around him.

The Vidal comparison is interesting because there are some similarities. For CM players they are both sharp in front of goal, they both have very good defensive skills (Vidal is the best in the world for this), both have a degree of fearlessness to their games, and also there were many times where Vidal would would give the ball away and then win it back himself, which Sturaro tends to do. Where Vidal is much better is his awareness and reading of the game.

I don't think you can replace Vidal like-for-like because he is a fairly unique player in the last 15 or so years, but for what will amount to €11m he is on the right track.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)