Stefano Sturaro (15 Viewers)

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
=even if he did play well last night(which he didn't, he just didn't mess anything up).
I would disagree there. I thought he had a noticeable impact on the match. Padoin is someone you can say "doesn't mess anything up". Sturaro saved a goal. He saved a goal with an effort not many players will make. He had at least 2 fantastic interceptions and one started a very dangerous counter attack which ended with him supplying Tevez with time and space in the box (which is basically best case scenario for a counter attack).

As far the "didn't mess up" part. Yes, in addition to those impactful plays he had, he also closed down space extremely well and was only caught in possession once which resulted in a throw-in.

Of course it still remains to be seen how he will fit into the team in the future but he definitely put in a great performance last night IMO.

Personally, I always welcome no-nonsense players who can actually play a bit as well. I think that type of player is a dying breed and their qualities take on more importance. Him getting in Ramos' face might seem like something inconsequential but in big games I will take every single advantage I can get, no matter how small.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
He did good defensive work but offered nothing going forward. As a Baptism of fire for a defensive player, he did good. I dont think he is anything more than a young padoin though we can watch him more before deciding.

pablo87

Dec 21, 2014
He`s next player, who shows that we should boundlessly trust Moratta and Paratici. They just know their job and know what are they doing!! And they do extremly well!!!!

BlackWhiteGold

Oct 23, 2012
I was pleasantly surprised to see him starting. I thought for sure Pereyra would get the start in place of Pogba. I thought he did a very nice job defensively. I think that was what was asked of him and he did well.

Mar 30, 2006

I saw this on reddit. Its a tweet from Genos ultras saying "Look how you cute you are with the shirt of thieves in your profile pic. Have you warmed the bench well?
Sturaro replied with "Yes, very well"
The final pic says "now im playing in a CL semi-final saving a goal on the line. what are you doing?"

It was posted by DudebuD16 on reddit.

Thought it was cool and should share his post

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
As usual, the reality lies somewhere in the middle.

Sturaro is a player of fairly limited ability. Good energy and discipline, but not someone with the technique to influence a game that way.

He did all that could have been reasonably expected of him last night.

He could be a useful player for Juve to have in the squad for a long time to come, but I don't consider it likely from what I've seen of him that he'll ever be considered a starter, never mind a key player.
Exactly.

But that's good enough for me.

Drizzy

Apr 26, 2015
Why does he have a tatto of 69 on his arm ahaha

- - - Updated - - -

I saw this on reddit. Its a tweet from Genos ultras saying "Look how you cute you are with the shirt of thieves in your profile pic. Have you warmed the bench well?
The final pic says "now im playing in a CL semi-final saving a goal on the line. what are you doing?"

Thats brillant

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
Given the circumstances, a tremendous performance. Love the physicality, love the courage.

Don't see the "young Padoin" tab as being applicable. Much more combative style of play. More athletic, powerful, mobile... he has some dynamism about him, will be interesting to see how his technique is expressed as he develops, and becomes more comfortable. Looks like he's got that grinta, got that steel about him.

Anyway, it will be interesting to see how this one plays out. Looks like another great move by Beppe to me!

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007

rekt

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013

:heart:

WΏΏdy?

Dec 23, 2005
It's the bitter truth my man, embrace it like you did when you turned on marchisio and accept the defeat and the truth that vidal is a class better than him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)