Stefano Sturaro (4 Viewers)

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
The guy to replace Vidal next Winter?

Going by your reviews after the first game, we won't miss the Chilean one bit.

Monster Zero

Mar 2, 2014
I watched some of him today. I can see he has some pace. Has a good burst on him. 4 times in the first half he forced turnovers by pressing on his own with a quick burst at the player with possession. He has vision, constantly looking around without the ball, and very calm on the ball. His first look is always at the strikers to see if anything is on. However, he was sloppy with some intermediate passes, perhaps he was a bit too cool with his technique I felt.

He did alot of gesturing at his teammates to move the ball in a particular fashion and they were listening. He was doing a lot of moving to the ball, does not seem shy to initiate an attack.

There was a sterling moment when Insigne had a clear break from inside his own half and Sturaro was a few metres behind. They basically had a foot race to Genoa's box and Sturaro beat him there and then made a sublime tackle in the area.

I don't know if I would call him a regista but he is calm on the ball and has vision. He's not a destroyer (he's not a dumb destroyer like Gattuso or anything like that) but he's a very willing tackler. Right now he reminds me a bit of Poli but I think Sturaro is more athletic and is probably a smarter player. He strikes me as box to box or as a Marchisio style DM.

I think definitely he is calm, intelligent and has a good work rate. I would bet he will be in our squad as soon as next year.
:tup:

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
I watched some of him today. I can see he has some pace. Has a good burst on him. 4 times in the first half he forced turnovers by pressing on his own with a quick burst at the player with possession. He has vision, constantly looking around without the ball, and very calm on the ball. His first look is always at the strikers to see if anything is on. However, he was sloppy with some intermediate passes, perhaps he was a bit too cool with his technique I felt.

He did alot of gesturing at his teammates to move the ball in a particular fashion and they were listening. He was doing a lot of moving to the ball in his third.

There was a sterling moment when Insigne had a clear break from inside his own half and Sturaro was a few metres behind. They basically had a foot race to Genoa's box and Sturaro beat him there and then made a sublime tackle in the area.

I don't know if I would call him a regista but he is calm on the ball and has vision. He's not a destroyer (he's not a dumb destroyer like Gattuso or anything like that) but he's a very willing tackler. Right now he reminds me a bit of Poli but I think Sturaro is more athletic and is probably a smarter player. He strikes me somewhat as box to box or as a Marchisio style DM.

I think definitely he is calm, intelligent and has a good defensive work rate. He's a bit lazy when the team is transitioning to offence. He would have to improve on that. I would bet he will be in our squad as soon as next year as a sub. I don't see star potential right now, we'll see how the season goes.
This post deserves to be on top.

This really is basically what Italians are saying after his performance in Italy U21 when they beat Serbia 3-2 (Sturaro and Berardi starters).

The guy seems to be a pure DM, with very good physical abilites, leadership and reading of the game. Positioning and sense of covering is fundamental at that position and he seems to have this. Looks like a mature player for his age.

Also, as you said, he looks comfortable on the ball, has a good first touch and good passing ability, being able to quickly transfer the play from defense to attack. I saw a video compilated of him at vecchiasignora.com.

http://www.vecchiasignora.com/topic...e-numero-dei-nostri-sturaro-e-berardi-in-gol/

Now I'm starting to have a good feeling about this guy. If you look at it, there aren't a lot of great pure DMs in the game today. He looks destined to being a starter during the whole season and soon to be in NT replacing Motta or some shit like that.

And consider that in the agreement between Genoa and Juve, it was not a co-own, but a loan. So yes, they were already planning to bring him over next year when they made the deal. If everything goes normally, that's what would happen.

He would make our squad younger and offer a good option of playing with a pure DM in hard fought games instead of always depending on the most classic regista of all times. Gotta make the transition.

Future looking good.

reallegends

Jan 12, 2013
A legend like Pirlo can't ever be replaced.However,I think Sturaro,barring any major injuries,looks set to be a rotation option for us next season.Pirlo will most likely play lesser next year and he will have to compete with Marchisio for a starting spot(assuming Pogba and Vidal stay with us next season).

Yesterday's U-21 was my first time watching him live and barring a few mistakes(understandable considering he's only 21),he looks energetic and a good DM with an ability to spray quite good long range passes.I think he's a bargain at 11 million and most probably a future Azzurri player.Our midfield looks set for next 3-4 years at least and it's time now to improve our defence and most importantly,attack.

Beppe did well to purchase Sturaro when he was still an unknown quantity.He will have his breakthrough season this year and join us next year learning from veterans like Pirlo and Vidal.Great and very underrated signing.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
11m? He was bought for 5.5m no?

And yeah based on the Azzurrini, he seems rather willing passer, tends to want to dictate and spray the ball, I assumed he was more of a ballwinner without seeing him, based on description of his position and such.

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002

He did alot of gesturing at his teammates to move the ball in a particular fashion and they were listening. He was doing a lot of moving to the ball in his third.

I don't know if I would call him a regista but he is calm on the ball and has vision. He's not a destroyer (he's not a dumb destroyer like Gattuso or anything like that) but he's a very willing tackler. Right now he reminds me a bit of Poli but I think Sturaro is more athletic and is probably a smarter player. He strikes me somewhat as box to box or as a Marchisio style DM.

I think definitely he is calm, intelligent and has a good defensive work rate. He's a bit lazy when the team is transitioning to offence. He would have to improve on that. I would bet he will be in our squad as soon as next year as a sub. I don't see star potential right now, we'll see how the season goes.
:tup:
So relieved that he is nothing like Gattusso.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
It's 5.5M to be paid over 3 years. The player has a 5 year contract. Not sure if there are bonuses involved. As it is, the deal is a steal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)