Stefano Sturaro (65 Viewers)

Mister

Apr 4, 2014
we don't, we'll only know for sure when 15/16 accounts will be published, but best guess would be appearance based. €2m incentive to Genoa to play him regularly 'for his development' and a further €3.5m if he plays well for Juve + Juve wins Scudetto etc so he could cost €11m if he turns good. 'good' here probably means he becomes good rotation player or one of Juve's current star midfielders would be sold and Sturaro becomes a starter (which to me is not a good thing).
To make it easy think of it as a 11m total for a co-own deal . 5.5m (our half) + 5.5m in bonus (genoa half ) , amount payable in 2-3 years . This beppe's workaround of the new rule .

:beppe:

Buy on AliExpress.com

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
we don't, we'll only know for sure when 15/16 accounts will be published, but best guess would be appearance based. €2m incentive to Genoa to play him regularly 'for his development' and a further €3.5m if he plays well for Juve + Juve wins Scudetto etc so he could cost €11m if he turns good. 'good' here probably means he becomes good rotation player or one of Juve's current star midfielders would be sold and Sturaro becomes a starter (which to me is not a good thing).
It's an interesting workaround for the co-ownership problem, which was what encouraged clubs to play players and improve them.

Put it this way - we sold Giovinco'x ½ for €3.5m and bought that back that back for €11m. Likewise look at Immoble, Berardi, and others with significant potential. Suddenly paying €2m to encourage development doesn't look so bad. If Sturaro explodes and gets into the Italy squad then figures of €18m start popping up as a starting point, and he becomes an excellent investment.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
I think Marrone will become better and Veratti will join us one day.
This guy wont even reach MArchisio's level.
These kind of transfers will replace the co own deals... we will see if we will ever recover the invested ammount...
Even from there he could be used as a bargain chip for future transfers, hopefully committing this ammount for him wont hurt much our transfer budget,
Marotta has the tendency to spread the money around, bleeding cash left and right, money than we never recover, on players that cant help us reach the next step.
And as a consequence, we are out of cash, when we want to get top players, because the budget is spent in these deals...

OP

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #48
    Saw the game vs nipples. When Gasperini took him off it all went downhill for Genoa. All over the place, great ball winner, nice tackles, not a bad passer even if he missed a couple. Good with both feet. Er got a good one even if we paid a lot with those bonuses. It's just a game but you can see he's good.

Jul 20, 2012
    Like someone said before Pirlo has the ability to make a pass that can change the whole game, while Marchisio will offer you the defensive attributes as well as his good passing and movement. We of course will be a more mobile team with Marchisio. I guess it really matters who the opponent is but overall I would rather Marchisio then Pirlo.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
    Sep 21, 2008
    I watched some of him today. I can see he has some pace. Has a good burst on him. 4 times in the first half he forced turnovers by pressing on his own with a quick burst at the player with possession. He has vision, constantly looking around without the ball, and very calm on the ball. His first look is always at the strikers to see if anything is on. However, he was sloppy with some intermediate passes, perhaps he was a bit too cool with his technique I felt.

He did alot of gesturing at his teammates to move the ball in a particular fashion and they were listening. He was doing a lot of moving to the ball in his third.

There was a sterling moment when Insigne had a clear break from inside his own half and Sturaro was a few metres behind. They basically had a foot race to Genoa's box and Sturaro beat him there and then made a sublime tackle in the area.

I don't know if I would call him a regista but he is calm on the ball and has vision. He's not a destroyer (he's not a dumb destroyer like Gattuso or anything like that) but he's a very willing tackler. Right now he reminds me a bit of Poli but I think Sturaro is more athletic and is probably a smarter player. He strikes me somewhat as box to box or as a Marchisio style DM.

I think definitely he is calm, intelligent and has a good defensive work rate. He's a bit lazy when the team is transitioning to offence. He would have to improve on that. I would bet he will be in our squad as soon as next year as a sub. I don't see star potential right now, we'll see how the season goes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 65)