Star Wars (3 Viewers)

OP
ZoSo

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
  • Thread Starter #83
    Why shouldn't a lightsaber change in 30 years anyway.
    There could even be a back story to it

maybe it is a new or old type of lightsaber

what if it's not even a proper jedi/sith and that's the best they could make or come up with?

I don't think it's just hurr durr lightsaber with 'hilt' hurr durr

Gerd

Dec 25, 2011
    Did a marathon of the new triology today :D , gonna finish with the old one tomorrow :tuttosport: . This is my third rewatch of the whole series after the my original watching of the movies . I remember the first time i watched it as a kid and thought this were the coolest movies ever . Well to recap , hayden christensen absolutely terrible :lol: (especially in second movie) , jar jar and his people :sergio: . Windu , Darth Maul :tuttosport: . I think Windu and maul are the best things of the new triology , althrough i hated both their deaths and that maul had very little dialague , I think the character deserved development . I also liked portman's padme :heart: . Apart from that i don't think that the new triology is as bad as people make it out to be , it ain't as good as the old one , but it holds out good on it's own , the movies progressively get better with the third one being the best of the triology , love the moment when the jedi's are betrayed (felt terribly sorry for the onion head council member when they killed him :sad:).

- - - Updated - - -

no idea how to put this format into the post...
    :lol: pure gold , sidius , yoda and the U shaped one are the best :lol:

OP
    ZoSo

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
    Jul 11, 2011
  • Thread Starter #89
    Did a marathon of the new triology today :D , gonna finish with the old one tomorrow :tuttosport: . This is my third rewatch of the whole series after the my original watching of the movies . I remember the first time i watched it as a kid and thought this were the coolest movies ever . Well to recap , hayden christensen absolutely terrible :lol: (especially in second movie) , jar jar and his people :sergio: . Windu , Darth Maul :tuttosport: . I think Windu and maul are the best things of the new triology , althrough i hated both their deaths and that maul had very little dialague , I think the character deserved development . I also liked portman's padme :heart: . Apart from that i don't think that the new triology is as bad as people make it out to be , it ain't as good as the old one , but it holds out good on it's own , the movies progressively get better with the third one being the best of the triology , love the moment when the jedi's are betrayed (felt terribly sorry for the onion head council member when they killed him :sad:).
    The prequel trilogy is a mess, it's ok in some parts but they really should have got a much better actor for Anakin (hayden), and 3 is probably the best. Though saying that, the lightsaber fight at the end of I is probably the best in the series imo. They're just kind of poorly made and feel like they kind of lack direction, sometimes just pointless scene after pointless scene. The dialogue is just so lame and cheesy most of the time too, and the camera angles/shots just aren't as 'good', it just feels a bit too 'obvious'. Way too CGI heavy as well...

- - - Updated - - -

:rofl:

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
    From what I've heard they'll make 5 movies. It's going to be this new trilogy and 2 more movies not related to that story. One will be about bounty hunters.

It might be an old news but it's what my brother told me yesterday. :p

OP
    ZoSo

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
    Jul 11, 2011
  • Thread Starter #91
    I read from next year there will be a new movie each year.

7 2015, 'spin off' 2016, 8 2017, 'spin off' 2018, 9 2019 etc..

- - - Updated - - -

could be something like boba/jango fett maybe

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
    I can't stop watching the teaser. I really like the theory that the crossguard lightsaber is ancient relic, I hope they give some sort of backstory to it. Anyways, at least its something fresh and new.

And 2 spinoffs about the bounty hunters would be amazing. I always wanted to see more of them. (Boba and Jango)

.zero

★ ★ ★
    Aug 8, 2006
    Thread title needs to be renamed

How many trilogies are there? All the installments belong to the same timeline and story line.

Logically its not a set of trilogies

Gerd

Dec 25, 2011
    Just finished watching the old triology . These movies have some great lines and some awesome quotes :lol:

Luke - Listen, if you were to rescue her, the reward would be...
    Solo - What ?
    Luke - Well more wealth than you can imagine .
    Solo - I don't know , I can imagine a lot
    Vader - I've been waiting for you, Obi-Wan. We meet again, at last. The circle is now complete. When I left you, I was but the learner; now *I* am the master.
    Obi-Wan - Only a master of evil, Darth
    Vader - I find your lack of faith disturbing.
    Solo - Look, Your Worshipfulness, let's get one thing straight. I take orders from just one person: me.
    Leia - It's a wonder you're still alive . Will someone get this big walking carpet (chewie) out of my way?
    Solo - No reward is worth this
    Leia - Looks like you've managed to cut off our only escape route.
    Solo - Maybe you'd like it back in your cell, your highness.
    Solo- Afraid I was gonna leave without giving you a goodbye kiss?
    Leia - I'd just as soon kiss a Wookiee.
    Solo - I can arrange that. You could use a good kiss.
    Vader - I am your father
    And finally one of the most badass responses ever :lol:

Leia - I love you.
    Solo - I know
    Great watch , some of the effects still hold out to this day and get better by the third movie , which i also think is the weakest of the three . Saber fights are obviously much cooler in the new movies , by the third movie there is a long fight between vader and luke , but at times they just seem like they are using it more like a blunt weapon than a sword . Also if you watch this imediatly after episodes I-II-III you can notice some of the inconsistencies . For example by episode IV people say that jedis are like some kind of lost religion (officer from the death star) and generally don't believe in it . Wasn't it like just 2 decades ago when jedis roamed the universe ? . Also obi-wan doesn't seem to remember R2 while he clearly knew him from his time with anakin . Third one , obi-wan says that yoda was his master (he was more like a mentor to him) and last one leia says that she remembers images from her mother , but she obviously couldn't have since she died in childbirth . Lucas didn't think everything thoroughly . Still i think this is one of the best worlds ever created and i really hope that abrams does it justice . Screenplay for the new one is done by kasdan (one of the original writers) , lucas and abrams . I am happy that kasdan is involved seeing as he is one of the original writers (episode V,VI,raiders of the lost wark) , but i was very much interested in seeing Michael Arndt version (toy story 3 , little miss sunshine) , he was the original contranced writer for the story subbed by kasdan .

Gerd

Dec 25, 2011
    Names didn't spark much in me , i agree that kylo ren is the best , problem is that i wanted the Sith's name to have a Darth in It

radekas

( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)
    Aug 26, 2009
    To get that title a Sith should have a master. Since there are no Sith Lords after Episode 6 there is noone who could grant that title to him. Of course he may very well proclaim himself Darth Analus in the movie.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
    To get that title a Sith should have a master. Since there are no Sith Lords after Episode 6 there is noone who could grant that title to him. Of course he may very well proclaim himself Darth Analus in the movie.
    As far as I know Darth Maul is still alive, I wouldn't be surprised if they returned him. Also, Darth Plagueis is still in the cards, since he's the one who discovered eternal life.

Sidious was also doing experiments with cells and how to live inside other body.

So who knows.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)