Stadio Delle Alpi (2 Viewers)

Antonio

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by respaul ] ++
Antonio,
You are right the golden age of tv is over....in fact it has been for a long time now.

You say italy is not in the same place as germany, you are wrong , italys situation is actually worse.
Well.. yes.. under a lot of aspects it is, yeah.

You say that telepui is buying stream... that is merely what is put out to the public it is not exactly correct and that is why italy's position is so bad....
You see telepui is owned by rupert murdochs News Corp, News Corp have bought a controlling share in stream as well, they are now merging the 2 companies hidden behind the idea that telepui is buying stream.... in fact it is News Corp removing competition to create one company.
Now News Corp own shares in NDS, Canal Plus, Kirch etc
So any problems with any of these companies effect every other.... the collapse of Kirshe places News Corp in severe difficulties and is one of the key things behind the problems of Canal Plus and Telepui.They now own most of europe and every peice is collapsing around them...And thisis why Rupert Murdoch truely is the devil!!!!

You keep mentioning the english clubss being ok.... that is rubbish,. English clubs have never received anywhere near the amount the italians have from tv.
English tv money is shared equally between all clubs unlike in italy where juve gets far more than the likes of perugis.
Also in england we have never had the ppv options available that italy has....
eg. Last season I watched every single Juve match through ppv.

Whereas if i was a manu supporter living in england i would be lucky to have access to half of there games.

Italian giants have been the biggest beneficiaries of tv money anywhere in the world, and as such will miss it more when it is finally gone...... troubles are coming and in the most case it is because clubs have not heeded the warnings and are unprepared.

Jus look at how many English clubs are now in trouble due to the collapse of itv digital.... all because of greed and not taking any notice of the warnings that were coming from spain and germany as it all fell around there ears.... also you must take into account that the massive problems caused by itv is about pennies for each club... not the 10's of millions italian clubs have been enjoying...

Anyway overall your right...... problems are coming, and we must be prepared.. that is why our connections with america and asia are so very important, and especially those tie ins with manu,, these things are the main reasons manu are in such a great position.... whatever we say about them as a club.... they are jus about the only club that were truely prepared for the troubles ahead...... the money men at manu are second to none!!!
I think i wrote "probably to buy Stream". I knew only the version said to the public, didnt know the details. Thanx for the great post. Btw i totally agree about ManUTD. In Europe, there's no contest: Juve fans are the most. Always been like that. Juve problem is that we dont use this power. Outside Europe they rarely know our new shirts. All they can have are the old Sony ones, or Tele+ ones. I mean... we have NO merchandise in Asia (NUMBER 1 PLACE) and in America! Damn! Even in the States! And in South America we are the most popular team with/after Napoli, probably. But the fact that we dont have South Americans (i mean Argentina-Brazil) players (but Camoranesi, probably unknown in Argentina) is now letting us loose this "power". Now it's Barca, Roma, Lazio... those teams. We gotta use our power. Expecially in Asia. Let's make tours there. Let's make a friendly in Japan. Let's play SuperCup there! Do something. I'm pretty positive about this new Juve project. I hope from new year (with Nike, probably) things will change. Juve really said that they wanna use merchandise and the stadium like ManUTD and other major clubs. If we do it right, we will be number 1 cause nobody got our fans. NOBODY. Here in Italy they dont even sell original jerseys of Juve (but in Turin and online, in some unknown sites!). And the prices are 60$ for a jersey only. DAMN! Start a real merchandise thing, decrease the price, build Juve points. Move things! I'm pretty positive we will. I keep the faith in this project. We got no economical problems now, finally. This is the right time to do it.

Antonio

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by [DJ Juve] ] ++
reducing the size something costs accidents...remember Juve vs Liverpool...people will still want to go to the match
Sorry but dont even mention that "match" as example for anything. It was been just a massacre. Nothing to do with football or violence. MASSACRE.

Antonio

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by JKane ] ++
Why doesn't the expression "ultra" exist for you, if I may ask? For me, an ultra is a hardcore fan, who gives everything for his club, who travels to Lecce, to Bari, who sings and who enjoys football.
Cause i refuse this word. Under the word "ULTRA" there are a lot of criminals and morons we are free to do everything they want just cause they "ULTRA". I'm tyred of hearing morons saying "If you dont beat police you aint ULTRA". "If you dont help us to kick Roma fan's ass you aint ULTRA". "If you dont scream ROMA MERDA you aint ULTRA". That's bullshit. Let's call them FANS. Just cause i dont want guys to use this word as an excuse. We all fans. Some are inscribed in clubs. Some doesnt have money to see all the games. Some works so cant follow Juve worldwide. Some are paid by Juventus. Some are families. They all fans. Who is really an "ultrà"? Who goes to see Juve in Bari? Mmmmm.. not only (expecially cause a lot of them aint from Turin and a lot of them doesnt even pay!).

I don't know if I got you right (I hope I didn't), but for you ultras are morons? Jeez, that's sad. Real fans, ultras, are the true supporters.
You got it all wrong. :nervous:

And let me tell you: You won't get the so - called "morons" out of the stadium by reducing the size. Yea, maybe there'll be less, but they will always be there.
Man.. not only by reducing the size. But making the stadium as a theater for football only. And with more security. With videocamere's, with those things. Maybe we will not win the war, but in England the situation is different imo. That's where we gotta see. Do you really want to see again scenes like a motocar launched from a curva in San Siro? Or criminals beating police? Juve will do EVERYTHING to cut this shit from FOOTBALL.

I think that there are always black sheeps, but calling all people in the curves "morons" is ... well ... no words needed.
I never did. It's only you who are understanding it in this way. I'm just saying that we have to separate real fans from morons, in the curve. A lot of them are real fans, a lot are morons. Real fans are EVERYTHING. Morons are the CANCER. We gotta reduce morons, not everyone in the curva.

2) You won't get the violence out by reducing the size. If you think so, then you are naive ... or stupid. (if you want)
Again.. i said it already a lot of times! IT'S NOT A THING ABOUT THE NUMBER OF FANS!! IT'S ABOUT THE MENTALITY! TO BUILT THE STADIUM FOR FOOTBALL. SECURE. And to do that Juve said they'll reduce the number of fans. But that's a consequence, not the soluction. Then the number can change, that's only up to Juve. They know what's better for them economically and in general. I like the MENTALITY. WHAT THEY WANNA CHANGE. The fact that by changing the stadium they'll have to reduce the fans, that's just a consequence. But if the reasons are those ones, i'm cool with it.

Look, I accept that money is important and I never said the opposite. But money should not destroy tradition. And by selling our new stadium's name, we'd destroy some of our tradition. That's all.

I'm somewhat an idealist ... can't help it.
Feel you. I'd love GAETANO SCIREA too. Or even more Juve to play in COMUNALE. But.. we cant do anything. They are trying to see the best ways to escape from problems that will start from 2003.

Juventus too has racist fans. Not as many as Lazio of course, but there are some.
I disagree. Not about the thing you said. But about a word. RACIST FANS. NO. Juve got ignorant morons in the Delle Alpi stadium too. It has nothing to do with fans. It has to do with ignorance. They just ignorants.

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
Thanx for the great post. Btw i totally agree about ManUTD
Thankyou antonio!!

Drifting a bit off topic id like to tell you a little mor e about telepui and news corp and the italian football problem.

For those that dont know telepui is basically canal+ italy...
As you know ppv football in italy is shared between telepui and stream.... now this is the start of the problems....

When the ppv rights came up, news corp bought into stream and offered far more than stream could afford in an attempt to harm canal+..... this came off badly as both companies ended up paying more than intended and basically meant the death of stream.

Over the last year canal plus have been engaged in a legal battle with nds.
bit of background: All canal+ arms have been using the mediaguard encrytion system.... also known as seca (including telepui). nds is the encrytion sytem used by sky and more recently stream and telepui...... nds is the baby of one news corp!!

Now the single biggest problem that has destroyed canal+ and telepui is piracy, which is very simple for the mediaguard sytem. up until recently nds was the only encrytion format not to have been hacked.... the new seca 2 system is also secure(for the moment)

Canal+ have been sueing nds as it turns out thatr the reason there system was cracked was that news corp spend millions reseaching there rivals system and then released the results to the public viaq the web..... overnight doing irrepairable damage to canal plus.

Suddenly a little while ago the case was dropped.... why????
as it turns out news corp bought a massive chunk of canal plus to get out of the legal action.... This then leads into the telepui / stream merger and the present situation.

hopefully you can see how all this ties togeather and how it is behind the problems that have come raining down on world football!!!

So as you can see a man regarded by many as the most powerful man in world football is also the guy trying to kill it!!!

anyway.... sorry to drift off subject.

JKane

May 31, 2001
Cause i refuse this word. Under the word "ULTRA" there are a lot of criminals and morons we are free to do everything they want just cause they "ULTRA". I'm tyred of hearing morons saying "If you dont beat police you aint ULTRA". "If you dont help us to kick Roma fan's ass you aint ULTRA". "If you dont scream ROMA MERDA you aint ULTRA". That's bullshit. Let's call them FANS. Just cause i dont want guys to use this word as an excuse. We all fans. Some are inscribed in clubs. Some doesnt have money to see all the games. Some works so cant follow Juve worldwide. Some are paid by Juventus. Some are families. They all fans. Who is really an "ultrà"? Who goes to see Juve in Bari? Mmmmm.. not only (expecially cause a lot of them aint from Turin and a lot of them doesnt even pay!).
Criminals are criminals, not Ultras.

Well, you picture a strange image of Ultras. For me, it's fans, who would give their last money to see Juve live. Just me. :)

You got it all wrong.
Too bad.

I never did. It's only you who are understanding it in this way. I'm just saying that we have to separate real fans from morons, in the curve. A lot of them are real fans, a lot are morons. Real fans are EVERYTHING. Morons are the CANCER. We gotta reduce morons, not everyone in the curva.
Well, then we do agree.

Anyway, it's hard for me to believe that so many fans in the curves are "morons".

But I think the management should ban people from the stadium, who just come there to be violent. It's just hard to realise this.

Again.. i said it already a lot of times! IT'S NOT A THING ABOUT THE NUMBER OF FANS!! IT'S ABOUT THE MENTALITY! TO BUILT THE STADIUM FOR FOOTBALL. SECURE. And to do that Juve said they'll reduce the number of fans. But that's a consequence, not the soluction. Then the number can change, that's only up to Juve. They know what's better for them economically and in general. I like the MENTALITY. WHAT THEY WANNA CHANGE. The fact that by changing the stadium they'll have to reduce the fans, that's just a consequence. But if the reasons are those ones, i'm cool with it.
They want to change the stadium. But they can change it without smallering it, or am I wrong here? Skip the running track, but don't reduce the size. OK, we don't need a 70 000 stadium, but 55k - 60k will do.

Feel you. I'd love GAETANO SCIREA too. Or even more Juve to play in COMUNALE. But.. we cant do anything. They are trying to see the best ways to escape from problems that will start from 2003.
Actually, I wasn't talking about a Scirea - stadium. Any other name will do, as long as it keeps our tradition up. And I think we can escape problems without offending our past.

I disagree. Not about the thing you said. But about a word. RACIST FANS. NO. Juve got ignorant morons in the Delle Alpi stadium too. It has nothing to do with fans. It has to do with ignorance. They just ignorants.
I read through the official Fighters - forum sometimes and trust me, there are fascist and racist Juve Fans. The situation isn't like the one of Lazio, but they are there.

Antonio

Jul 14, 2002
I read through the official Fighters - forum sometimes and trust me, there are fascist and racist Juve Fans. The situation isn't like the one of Lazio, but they are there.
Yeah, but they doesnt even deserve to be called fans. Just call them IGNORANTS.

Antonio

Jul 14, 2002

Thankyou antonio!!

Drifting a bit off topic id like to tell you a little mor e about telepui and news corp and the italian football problem.

For those that dont know telepui is basically canal+ italy...
As you know ppv football in italy is shared between telepui and stream.... now this is the start of the problems....

When the ppv rights came up, news corp bought into stream and offered far more than stream could afford in an attempt to harm canal+..... this came off badly as both companies ended up paying more than intended and basically meant the death of stream.

Over the last year canal plus have been engaged in a legal battle with nds.
bit of background: All canal+ arms have been using the mediaguard encrytion system.... also known as seca (including telepui). nds is the encrytion sytem used by sky and more recently stream and telepui...... nds is the baby of one news corp!!

Now the single biggest problem that has destroyed canal+ and telepui is piracy, which is very simple for the mediaguard sytem. up until recently nds was the only encrytion format not to have been hacked.... the new seca 2 system is also secure(for the moment)

Canal+ have been sueing nds as it turns out thatr the reason there system was cracked was that news corp spend millions reseaching there rivals system and then released the results to the public viaq the web..... overnight doing irrepairable damage to canal plus.

Suddenly a little while ago the case was dropped.... why????
as it turns out news corp bought a massive chunk of canal plus to get out of the legal action.... This then leads into the telepui / stream merger and the present situation.

hopefully you can see how all this ties togeather and how it is behind the problems that have come raining down on world football!!!

So as you can see a man regarded by many as the most powerful man in world football is also the guy trying to kill it!!!

anyway.... sorry to drift off subject.
Thanx for the post again. I found it very informative.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
i will simply put it this way instead of arguing for a page and a half:
JUVENTUS is the BIGGEST club in Italy and in the Top five clubs in Europe and top Ten in the World.
According to the DOXA servey, in 1999 32% of soccer fans in Italy support Juventus! (milan in second place with 16%)
with these facts, do you really think that building a 30,000 fan stadium is a good idea!!!

Imagine that if the stadium plans go through, Birmingham City will have a bigger stadium than juve! (31k)

This IN NO WAY SOUNDS RIGHT!! NO MATTER WHAT THE FINANCIAL SITUATION IS LIKE NOW!!

Antonio

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++
i will simply put it this way instead of arguing for a page and a half:
JUVENTUS is the BIGGEST club in Italy and in the Top five clubs in Europe and top Ten in the World.
According to the DOXA servey, in 1999 32% of soccer fans in Italy support Juventus! (milan in second place with 16%)
with these facts, do you really think that building a 30,000 fan stadium is a good idea!!!

Imagine that if the stadium plans go through, Birmingham City will have a bigger stadium than juve! (31k)

This IN NO WAY SOUNDS RIGHT!! NO MATTER WHAT THE FINANCIAL SITUATION IS LIKE NOW!!
No disrespect but your stats means nothing for real. Damn, the time where "the more capability got a stadium, the more it's a great stadium" is over! Juve is thinking to make it a theater and to fight violence and you are arguing about the number of fans? If a stadium is made well, even 5,000 fans can make an atmosphere you cant even dream in Delle Alpi right now. Just come to Brindisi, when i'm there. We plays in C2 (favourite to go to C1, after we bought Francioso from Genoa), and we got 5,000 fans a game. I use to see Juve in Turin, and Brindisi in Brindisi, when i'm there. Brindisi's atmosphere is 30 times better than the one in Delle Alpi. So numbers doesnt really means nothing to me. If 30,000 is the magic number for Juve, they'll explain the reasons.

PLEASE LET'S NOT TALK ABOUT NUMBERS NO MORE!

Let's talk about the project, the crisis, the ideas, the violence. Damn! JUST FORGET THE 30,000, K? IT AINT EVEN OFFICIAL! (THE NUMBER), BUT AN ANTICIPATION OF GIRAUDO. That's only what Juve is thinking right now!

Jul 12, 2002
I don't see what all the hub-ub is about the numbers. Who cares? It's not as if Delle Alpi is selling that many seats anyway.

OP
Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #72
    The debate about how big the stadium should be is kinda funny actually. The latest suggested number 30,000. To draw a little comparison (not necessarily relevant :D), they have a number of large stadium in Buenos Aires, each club its own.

Turin population 910,00 (unofficial source)
    Stadio Delle Alpi - 30,000 - Juventus
    Communale - 40,000? - Torino
    Total : 70,000

Buenos Airos population 2,965,000 (unofficial source, 1991)
    Florencio Sola - 34,000 - Banfield
    Bombonera - 60,000 - Boca Juniors
    Jorge Luis Hirsch - 28,000 - Estudiantes de La Plata
    Juan Carlos Zerillo - 20,000 - Gimnasia y Esgrima La Plata
    Tomás Adolfo Ducó - 48,000 - Huracan
    Independiente - 58,000 - Independiente
    Lanús - 44,000 - Lanús
    Nueva Chicago - 28,500 - Nueva Chicago
    Presidente Perón - 64,000 - Racing Club
    Antonio Vespucio Liberti - 77,000 - River Plate
    Pedro Bidegain - 40,000 - San Lorenzo
    José Amalfitani - 50,000 - Velez Sarsfield
    Total : 551,500

Those are the clubs currently in the top division, all stadiums 20,000 and up.

So a quick look at the numbers and I get in a laughing mood over that 30,000 :D Take into consideration I have no knowledge of average attendences, security, overall interest or anything like that. But it does seem ridiculous the proposition that one of the top 3 teams in the soccer history of the world is unable to draw more than 30,000 people max when the city of Buenos Airos has an upper limit of about 500,000 :LOL:

Anyway, just pointless statistics really, doesn't prove anything though it does makes you wonder.. :D

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
    i think there is no fixed size for a football field,but there is a range.we could make it closer to the maximum,that would help,as in we wouldn't have to reduce the size so much.

Jul 12, 2002
    Those statistics bring out something else to my mind. Turin is a relatively small city. You can't expect them to have the same type of turn outs that a larger sity like London, Madrid, or Milan would.

Sivori

Jul 17, 2002
    I think it has been stated before that some of the reasons why the Delle alpi isn't packed is the fact that the ticket prices are too high and the stadium too far from the city's centre.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    ++ [ originally posted by Rickenbacker2 ] ++
    Those statistics bring out something else to my mind. Turin is a relatively small city. You can't expect them to have the same type of turn outs that a larger sity like London, Madrid, or Milan would.
    Turin is about the same size of Amsterdam but the ArenA is completely packed 7 out of 10 times, depending on the opposition. So I've heard anyway...

Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by ErikP ] ++
    Turin is about the same size of Amsterdam but the ArenA is completely packed 7 out of 10 times, depending on the opposition. So I've heard anyway...
    Yes, but Amsterdam and Turin are very different places. Amsterda is a much more international city, if you know what I'm saying.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)