Stadio Delle Alpi (2 Viewers)

JKane

May 31, 2001
I think you can't compare a stadium with the name of a sponsor with the San Siro. The San Siro has a historical name ... Giuseppe Meazza, not the name of a sponsor. My personal experience is that Inter fans tend to call it Meazza whereas Milan Fans call it San Siro.
Oh and the fans would still call it Delle Alpi (maybe), but the name of the sponsor would appear in TV, in magazines, in the internet, ... :yuck:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Nick

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by JKane ] ++
Two things ...

30 000 !? Are they dreaming !? We have an average of 40 000 at this moment of time and I'm sure we could get even more with a nice stadium without a running track.

The new stadium should at least be able to host 60 000 spectators. Oh and there should be big curves for our ultras. In the Delle Alpi only 15 000 people can be seated in our curves.

And then the name ...

I find it horrible to sell our stadiums's name. We'll be ending up like Bayern Munich (who want to name their new stadium "Allianz Arena"), Leverkusen (Bay - Arena) or HSV. :yuck:

NO WAY!

I want a name which underlines our tradition, our past, our glories. I want a name that underlines what we are: JUVENTUS!

Oh and I don't give a sh!t about the freakin' money. :D
I totally agree with you JKane what are they trying to do?what is their purpose on reducing the capacity?People in turin and all over the world shouldn't let this happen neither the name nor the capacity!:devil:

OP
Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #24
    I think you can't compare a stadium with the name of a sponsor with the San Siro. The San Siro has a historical name ... Giuseppe Meazza, not the name of a sponsor. My personal experience is that Inter fans tend to call it Meazza whereas Milan Fans call it San Siro.
    Oh and the fans would still call it Delle Alpi (maybe), but the name of the sponsor would appear in TV, in magazines, in the internet, ... :yuck:
    From what I understand neither of them are sponsors. Meazza is a legend and more the star of Inter than Milan from what I recall, maybe that's why Inter fans use that name more often. But the way I see it, they just have two names. :)

JKane

May 31, 2001
    I know that neither of them is a sponsor.

Giuseppe Meazza is one of the most famous Inter players of all time and San Siro is the part of the city where the stadium was built, I think. :)

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    We need to keep the name!!!
    The best Dutch example of why I can give you is this:
    Ajax - De ArenA :thumb:
    Feyenoord - De Kuip (In English: The Tub - because of it's shape) :thumb:
    PSV - Philips stadium :yuck: :yuck: :yuck:

I like PSV but that is just plain bad! Don't do this to Juve!!!!

OP
    Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #27
    Giuseppe Meazza is one of the most famous Inter players of all time and San Siro is the part of the city where the stadium was built, I think. :)
    I know, I know!!!!!

>> San Ciro :thumb::thumb::thumb:

:D:D:D

Antonio

Jul 14, 2002
    Man.. since TVs aint paying clubs no more.. they need to find funds. And if the sponsor is a good one.. who cares? We will be able to have fresh money and to invest them. I heard Juve is thinking to dedicate the Stadium to the GREAT Scirea. The name is just for TV. But i'm sure nobody will call it after his name of the sponsor. And about the Meazza thing... they ALL call it San Siro. Even jounalists sometimes. Cause it IS San Siro. Like Delle Alpi will BE Delle Alpi. Then you can call however you want. That's a free world, ehehe.. :extatic:

JKane

May 31, 2001
    That's wrong, Antonio.

I'll take the sponsor who bought the HSV - stadium as an example. The club (HSV) had to sign a contract which saw a certain deadline. After this deadline every time a journalist called the stadium in another way as "AOL - Arena", the club had to pay some money to the sponsor.

That's what I read in the german sports - mag "Sport Bild" ...

Antonio

Jul 14, 2002
    That's wrong, Antonio.

I'll take the sponsor who bought the HSV - stadium as an example. The club (HSV) had to sign a contract which saw a certain deadline. After this deadline every time a journalist called the stadium in another way as "AOL - Arena", the club had to pay some money to the sponsor.

That's what I read in the german sports - mag "Sport Bild" ...
    Man.. who cares? If that means BIG money and if that means money to spend.. then who cares? I'll still continue to call it DELLE ALPI or whatever! And Juve will not pay. And that's not exactly right what you wrote. I study law. HSV can later sue the jornalists asking money as refund. HSV is responsable, but they can ask money back to the jounalists. So it's up to them to call it correctly.

JKane

May 31, 2001
    ++ [ originally posted by Antonio ] ++

Man.. who cares? If that means BIG money and if that means money to spend.. then who cares? I'll still continue to call it DELLE ALPI or whatever! And Juve will not pay. And that's not exactly right what you wrote. I study law. HSV can later sue the jornalists asking money as refund. HSV is responsable, but they can ask money back to the jounalists. So it's up to them to call it correctly.
    You asked: I CARE ! I don't want Juventus to lose it's tradition. And yes, our fans will still call it Delle Alpi, but journalists, magazines etc. won't !

In the article I read they said the opposite, but maybe you're right, I don't know myself.

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
    And if the sponsor is a good one.. who cares?

I'll tell you who cares....

every true juve supporter in the world cares...... if you dont give a fvck about our tradition.... our heritage... then a juve supporter you are not or ever will be!!!!

JKane

May 31, 2001
    Amen to that.

I don't want my beloved club to end up like clubs here in Austria.

There is one club in the second league who changed it's name from "SC Untersiebenbrunn" [Untersiebenbrunn is the name of the city] to "SC Interwetten.com". :yuck::yuck::yuck::yuck::yuck:

Interwetten.com makes sports betting ... like Williamhill.co.uk in England.

Makin' me sick. :yuck:

Antonio

Jul 14, 2002
    You cant do nothing bout it. We added the red colour in our first jersey (and the yellow). We made our team a FINANCE team. We made the 2nd jersey white, black, gray, blue... We will probably call the Stadium after a sponsor, we bought the rights of the images of a lot of players from our roster, etc.. What do you want me to say? None of you can be a good President of Juve. I mean.. tradition is one of the most important thing Juve has, but to ignore the future and those things (EVERY damn Italian stadium will be named after a sponsor as soon as other clubs will see Juve will get money) is stupid imo. We cant renunce to be one of the top teams of the world and one of the most advanced. If thats the way, this will be the way.

You all talk without considering money. In 2003 the contract with Tele+ will end. It's not an huge contract, but from 2003 it will be reduced drastically cause football got problems, Tele+ already said that. Almost all the football clubs in Italy see 2003 as the d-day, where they'll face the hardest time of the last 20-30 years. That's why nobody spent this summer. Juve is thinking to find new founds. From finance, merchandise, stadium (that's the whole project), new type of salaries (you play well, you get a fat bonus! You score? Bonus. You dont play? Small salary). We are trying to do a lot of things (the best possible) to be still the number 1 team in Italy and of the best in Europe. The prestige and tradition will be saved by having a "Room Of The Thophy" in the Stadium, by having a "Photo Gallery" in the stadium, by having Cinemas playing the best Juve games ever in the Stadium, by creating a Sportal Center for our Primavera and a Sportal Center for the club, from not moving to Turin no more, etc..

What do you want me to say? In the perfect world i'd love to see Juve jersey with no sponsors and red, the second pink and black, the Comunale as our stadium, and Giovanni Agnelli sitted in the bench, with probably Vialli next to him. But that's not a perfect world. I learnd it.

JKane

May 31, 2001
    Look, master, I know very well that every big club needs huge money to survive, but there are always limits. I'm ok with one sponsor on our jersey and all of those ugly Lotto logos, but that's enough. I want our stadium to be our stadium, not the stadium of a company.

In football, it's about money, but it's not ALL about money.

nina

Feb 18, 2001
    Not to us it isn't, but it's a big deal for the juve managment. They invest a lot in the team and they have to get the money back somewhere else. I don't like our stadium to be named after some company as well, but as long as every juventino will know that this is still Delle Alpi and will never forget that, I won't care how the rest of the world calls it.

All I can do is hope that the company who will help us rebuild it will come from Italy, cause it'll brake my heart to see some american or japanese name up there.

JKane

May 31, 2001
    For me, it's not enough that only Juve Fans still call it Delle Alpi.

Look, if they call our new stadium some shite like "McDonalds - Arena", then I can't laugh about it. I really can't.

That's what I want to say.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)