Spring Cleaning (5 Viewers)

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
Don Bes said:
snoop, you my dog. thanks for the consideration. so whats wrong with swag ?
I don't have a problem with him as a person, but as a mod, he is just a figure, I never seen any action from him yet as a moderator. I guess he is enjoying to watch these "fights", since he came with this " fight your own fights, leave me away from it" when you report someone who is insulting your mother.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
snoop said:
I don't have a problem with him as a person, but as a mod, he is just a figure, I never seen any action from him yet as a moderator. I guess he is enjoying to watch these "fights", since he came with this " fight your own fights, leave me away from it" when you report someone who is insulting your mother.
Swag is one of the few mods who actually cleans up the crap in this forum. Right now he is and has always been the most available mod in the forum. To get rid of him would be in a word.
Stupid.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
I liked and still like him more as a member, but he is too soft to be a moderator, and I am not saying that alone.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Who IS this guy to ask for another moderator to replace Swag.

No, I'm not ass kissing nor licking here, but that kid must either be stupid or stupid, one of them. Swag is really doing a good job and has been always. Cleaning, Banning the right people, and If you don't notice that he's one of the rare posters that always keep on talking about "Topic" unlike others who are usually or mostly going off-topic(Including me).

and FFS, he say he wants valid reason???? I don't see the VALID reason he's talking about to remove Swag.

Next.

OP
Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #26
    poisonwoody said:
    Now the new hot topic here is the way "some" old members treat the new.....some...well can't really blame them coz i have been in the situation of the :eek:ld" members too...they jus c this place where they have been for years with thousnads of posts...and then new members r there posting and making new frnds....the old members think their privacy is invaded...this is clearly evident when some members started posting in the "nick again.."thread...that is but natura reaction frm the old members..
    See, but the thing is, there is absolutely no problem at all if the new posters contribute to the discussion, however when people are posting simply to make friends and chit-chat, that is when it becomes annoying. This isn't about old members against new members...this is about good posts vs. worthless posts that have nothing to do with anything. I don't think you were around when Nick's thread was the place to go for hardcore debate and to learn something, so I guess it would be hard for new members to understand what exactly we are talking about. If people want to talk about random things and have msn forum chats going, keep it in the hangout and don't bring it anywhere else but here. This place right here is where it belongs.

So again, this is not an affront against posters...this is an affront against POSTS. And seeing that over the course of the last months this forum has really deteriorated, you simply have to do something about it.

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #27
    Torkel said:
    I don't agree with this, when I was a mod the rules weren't specific, and if you (the moderator) was in doubt you just asked your fellow mods. Judgement calls were made all the time, and imo that worked out perfect. I'm confident that this will work out if all of the moderators are high class. Right now it's probably not working, due to a shortage of moderators.
    What I was talking about in this section was the lack of a system regarding warnings and bannings. The reason why people have been taking a piss at moderating decisions on this forum was because people thought it was up to the moderator's discretion, not the overall rules of the forum. That is why people such as Seven went after Zlatan...it was seen as personal vendettas because there was not exactly a set standard. Personally, I thought Martin I's rules were more aptly written.

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    Torkel said:
    I don't agree with this, when I was a mod the rules weren't specific, and if you (the moderator) was in doubt you just asked your fellow mods. Judgement calls were made all the time, and imo that worked out perfect. I'm confident that this will work out if all of the moderators are high class. Right now it's probably not working, due to a shortage of moderators.
    This is why a wider set of rules should be written so it minimizes the asking and judgement calls. It is not stricter, just faster. This is why it makes a better effect.

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #29
    Andy said:
    What I was talking about in this section was the lack of a system regarding warnings and bannings. The reason why people have been taking a piss at moderating decisions on this forum was because people thought it was up to the moderator's discretion, not the overall rules of the forum. That is why people such as Seven went after Zlatan...it was seen as personal vendettas because there was not exactly a set standard. Personally, I thought Martin I's rules were more aptly written.
    ...I was banned for insulting Capello a few weeks ago, and I deserved my ban. However, I also saw people who insulted Capello in the same thread and were not subject to action by moderators. I saw further and more widespread abuse directed at Capello in the Arsenal matche threads, however no action was taken against these members. This is what I'm talking about...selective moderation which seemingly looks based upon the discretion of the moderators themselves.

WΏΏdy?

Dec 23, 2005
    Andy said:
    See, but the thing is, there is absolutely no problem at all if the new posters contribute to the discussion, however when people are posting simply to make friends and chit-chat, that is when it becomes annoying. This isn't about old members against new members...this is about good posts vs. worthless posts that have nothing to do with anything. I don't think you were around when Nick's thread was the place to go for hardcore debate and to learn something, so I guess it would be hard for new members to understand what exactly we are talking about. If people want to talk about random things and have msn forum chats going, keep it in the hangout and don't bring it anywhere else but here. This place right here is where it belongs.

So again, this is not an affront against posters...this is an affront against POSTS. And seeing that over the course of the last months this forum has really deteriorated, you simply have to do something about it.

glad u replied back andy....but as u said in ur post that the new members have absolutely no idea what u ppl r talking abt....when i came new here i asked,i think swag what the thread was abt...he said it was abt nothing or in other words "a deserted thread now used for chit chat"...untill some members posted their views on new members...and as i have allready said i know how the old members r feeling coz i am at ur place on another forum.....

now the real problem as i can c it is the quality of the posts r going down...that's what u said...and u r speaking of the posts in the "nick against the world thread"....that's what one understand by reading ur above post

Andy said:
    I don't think you were around when Nick's thread was the place to go for hardcore debate and to learn something, so I guess it would be hard for new members to understand what exactly we are talking about. If people want to talk about random things and have msn forum chats going, keep it in the hangout and don't bring it anywhere else but here.
    im sorry to say but this shows all the yelling abt the improvement in the forum and its quality is just around this thread....and u r speaking in reference to only this thread....and would this campaign of ur be same if the nick thread were not diluted by new members?? no....

that just what i am trying to point out.....if the "new" members leave the nick thread alone all ur problem would be solved....

this thing is both ...new members v/s old and the bad posts v/s quality posts....both of which is sadly related to the nick thread.....

Enron

Tickle Me
    Oct 11, 2005
    Andy said:

Right on man. Its the POSTS. I thought I saw the rain, but now I've seen the light. Talk about experiencing the golden hour. Now I truly see it. The only way to make this forum so everyone is happy is to get rid of POSTS. Viva la revolucion! Kick POSTS out of football!

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #33
    poisonwoody said:
    glad u replied back andy....but as u said in ur post that the new members have absolutely no idea what u ppl r talking abt....when i came new here i asked,i think swag what the thread was abt...he said it was abt nothing or in other words "a deserted thread now used for chit chat"...untill some members posted their views on new members...and as i have allready said i know how the old members r feeling coz i am at ur place on another forum.....

now the real problem as i can c it is the quality of the posts r going down...that's what u said...and u r speaking of the posts in the "nick against the world thread"....that's what one understand by reading ur above post

What on earth are you talking about? The problem does not only reside in Nicks thread, but also the ENTIRE forum. The quality of posts on the entire forum have fallen down, and this whole movement is not only to correct what happens in Nicks thread...how did you come up with that?

im sorry to say but this shows all the yelling abt the improvement in the forum and its quality is just around this thread....and u r speaking in reference to only this thread....and would this campaign of ur be same if the nick thread were not diluted by new members?? no....
    I'm sorry, however this makes no sense. If this discussion was only about Nicks thread, why are people who rarely post in Nicks thread stating the quality of this forum has fallen over recent months and giving suggestions as to how to improve it? The quality of posts in the match threads, team talk, player talk, transfer talk, misc soccer, and even the hangout have detriorated, and I'm not the only one saying this. This call for improvement is not based entirely on the deterioration of Nicks thread...that is a small problem which lies under the bigger problem. If it was only about Nicks thread, why wouldnt I clearly state that? What you're saying does not make much sense and I ask you to refer to the Farewell Zlatan thread if you're still confused.

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #34
    Enron said:
    Right on man. Its the POSTS. I thought I saw the rain, but now I've seen the light. Talk about experiencing the golden hour. Now I truly see it. The only way to make this forum so everyone is happy is to get rid of POSTS. Viva la revolucion! Kick POSTS out of football!
    READ and INTERPRET Enron...read and interpret.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
    Jul 16, 2002
    snoop said:
    Good thread, and I hope Marty reads it and take it seriously..

Arcade and Bookies are not harming like Andy mentioned, but if he explains it with more details why would it harm, maybe I will agree with him. But arcade, I can't imagine how it will harm the forums, members rarley play it, and no one discusses about it..

Vbplaza and reputation are harming the forums a lot, remove them forever..

Mods: remove swag from his position, and bring objective mods, and not just populars or figures. Mikhail should stay, and appoint as a mod (if they accept ofcourse) 3 or 4 of the likes of Tom, Fliakis, Respaul, Dominic, Don bes, Nick (yeah, even if he is a Milanista), torkel, cronios.. and alot of members that can do the job prorerly..

Ban/ warn more members if it is required.otherwise remove that rules if no one will use them :pumpkin:

Any Members who disrespect the other, with insulting, naming childish names, or replying someone's post with "crap" should be warned, and banned in case of repeating.

Also Insulting Juve players, the coach, directros and fans shouldn't be allowed..

This is how it was at Martin's time, and it was much better than now.
    and not to forget, unban the banned members, and we should all start from scratch, I care to see this place like it was before, but I hardly think it will be as good as before, who knows anyway..
    well boo fucking hoo...

the snoopy dog has spoken :blah:

obviously everything you have said isnt remotely true..

I have been here much longer than you, and in the days of Salas, Paramatti and Birindelli, I had PLENTY to say about them

This is a forum for expresing you opinions, joys, frustrations, etc, and if you dont like me or 90% of this entire forum calling our coach "crap", then either put you pacifier back into your mouth, or dont read the fucking posts !!

simple as that , fool :oops:

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
    Vinman said:
    well boo fucking hoo...

the snoopy dog has spoken :blah:

obviously everything you have said isnt remotely true..

I have been here much longer than you, and in the days of Salas, Paramatti and Birindelli, I had PLENTY to say about them

This is a forum for expresing you opinions, joys, frustrations, etc, and if you dont like me or 90% of this entire forum calling our coach "crap", then either put you pacifier back into your mouth, or dont read the fucking posts !!

simple as that , fool :oops:
    :oops:

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
    Oct 2, 2001
    Vinman said:
    Is it really really that hard to criticize a coach or players without calling names like those, and without insulting? or it is imposible for you to do that? If you were a 14 year old kid, I would understand that, but to see that coming from a guy at your age? whoa! :disagree:

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #40
    Yeah, I seriously don't see a problem with calling a coach crap, because Cap is indeed essentially crap in the Champions League. So by banning people for calling our coach crap, thats basically taking away our freedom of speech.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)