Spit ban for Totti? (26 Viewers)

OP
Juventino

Juventino

Jul 27, 2002
  • Thread Starter #201
    ++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++

In that case, Poulsen was a bit foolish not to tell the referee to at least look out for it
    If the official Camera crew missed to focus on it during the 90 minutes then imagine how difficult it would be for the ref to try to keep an eye on the game and at the same time try to see if Totti spits or not!!!

Buy on AliExpress.com

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Juventino ] ++
    If the official Camera crew missed to focus on it during the 90 minutes then imagine how difficult it would be for the ref to try to keep an eye on the game and at the same time try to see if Totti spits or not!!!
    Still, notifying the referee would've been a big step in the whole process, since the referee would write such things down in his official match report, and maybe even let his assistants know about the situation.

Sarah_old

Jul 30, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by *aca* ] ++
    Prosecutor asked for 4 games ban. Commission lowered it by one day.

Officially, he is banned for three games.
    On what basis do they decide the seversness of his ban? Why only 3 days, as opposed to Mihajlovic's 8-match ban when he spat on Mutu? I haven't seen Mihajlovic's spitting incident, but could it be any worse that what Totti had done?

Having said that, would appreciate if someone could post a link to clip of that Mutu incident :)

-S-

Cronios

Juventolog
    Jun 7, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Ferrari^M ] ++
    Just 3? The Italian Federation should sent him home, to teach him a lesson...
    right!!

let roma fans to be "proud" for their "star",
    if italy wont send him home now, that means they are also proud for the cind of players like toti.
    a great shame!
    no excuses,
    now i m just too happy that juve will never have him,
    he is not a player to become a symbol,
    he is not a player for juve.
    italy must go on with casano

The Pado

Filthy Gobbo
    Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Sarah ] ++

On what basis do they decide the seversness of his ban? Why only 3 days, as opposed to Mihajlovic's 8-match ban when he spat on Mutu? I haven't seen Mihajlovic's spitting incident, but could it be any worse that what Totti had done?

Having said that, would appreciate if someone could post a link to clip of that Mutu incident :)

-S-
    Mihajlovic was banned for his actions over the entire match, if I recall. He had many incidents with other players and the referee in addition to spitting. I think that is why he got an 8 match ban.

May 4, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Don Bes ] ++

you know they are not gonna do that.

then totti is gonna get mad and who is gonna play for italy? i mean we should go and complain for this unrightfull ban and we should not play the other games till totti is playing with italy. i mean whats the point of playing if he isnt there. you saw the first game when he was simply magical
    why are u defending totti?

btw.. i cant belive he only got 3 match ban..!! its crazy, mihajlovic (cant spell) from lazio got 5 or 7 match ban (cant remember), soo totti's spit is cleaner then mihajlovic's is or what/why ????

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Juve_Kosova ] ++

why are u defending totti?

btw.. i cant belive he only got 3 match ban..!! its crazy, mihajlovic (cant spell) from lazio got 5 or 7 match ban (cant remember), soo totti's spit is cleaner then mihajlovic's is or what/why ????
    didn't you read the report?

they took into consideration that Totti is with UNICEF, he has a pretty good record, he's been the target of many tackles during the game, his spit came just after Poulsen bumped into him. It wasn't violent...etc.

Mihajlovic on the other hand has a terribler record and he actually went up to the play just to spit at him.

BTW, please cut the "why are you defending Totti" BS.

May 4, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++

they took into consideration that Totti is with UNICEF, he has a pretty good record, he's been the target of many tackles during the game, his spit came just after Poulsen bumped into him. It wasn't violent...etc.

Mihajlovic on the other hand has a terribler record and he actually went up to the play just to spit at him.

BTW, please cut the "why are you defending Totti" BS.
    why? ? ?

im not gonna defende a player who goes round SPITTING on another player... FFS!!!!
    and NO i did not read the report...

btw.. finally my post 700 :D

Viva Juve

Jun 1, 2004
    Totti why man!? he has so let us down. 3 match ban. so now we gotta dig deep and stick together. Cassano the boy wonder has a great opportunity to show what hes all about. Zanetti out Pirlo in!

slack

Dec 13, 2002
    So a spit in the face, with video evidence and incessant pressure from the public, forced a 3-match ban. A reckless tackle at the knee, which could consequently be much worse, got overshadowed by the former and received no more attention. UEFA is seriously messed up.

Mihajlovic got more because he suffers from a worse overall image. On the pitch, Totti's no better but just that he gets away with more than most in italy. He may be the most fouled player but when one factors in the amount of playacting, moaning, whining and general thuggery (ie. sly kicks etc) by him, it amounts to just about the same thing.

Too bad for Totti that his retribution came at the least convenient moment. Then again, its long overdue.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++

How much truth is there in the reports claiming that Totti spat at Poulsen 6 times?

IncuboRossonero

Inferiority complex
    Nov 16, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by azzurri7 ] ++
    No more Putting the blame on DP ehhhh?
    Totti having no class does not take away from the fact that Alex is still playing like crap....the issue here is not blame...I never blamed Totti for the loss nor did I blame Del Piero. My issue was Del Piero was his overblown hype which smacked him in the face more than once and the fact that he is a choker. The discussion here was Totti's lack of class and respect for another human being I really don't see how you feel the need to talk about Del Piero.

IncuboRossonero

Inferiority complex
    Nov 16, 2003
    The Mihajlovic incident was night and day AND its wrong to look at the action ALONE and not take into consideration the circumstances..spitting is not spitting no matter what despite what you may think.
    Example: Voeller called Frank Rijkaard a "dirty [racial slur]" twice in the 88 Euro. Rijkaard spit at him. Its obviously more understandable as the racial slur deserves more than a spit.
    Mihajlovic went out of this way and ran more than a few yards to get in Mutu's face and spit at him.
    Totti was backtracking and shoving occured between the two: his reaction was to spit at him. He did not chase Poulsen for a quarter of the field. The situation was far different. Also, despite false claims Totti does not receive many yellow cards (save the speculation for the tourists) and is the most fouled player in SERIE A and is involved in many charity organizations. He has a reputation as a very good player unlike Mihajlovic who had a reputation for being dirty. THese things are taken into account.
    I'm not defending Totti but rather CORRECTING the posts that were plain wrong.

Eaglesnake_1

Mar 28, 2004
    The fool doesnt understand that the worst damage was inflicted to his image. In Italy, his poulsen spitting was considered by the media and the public a shameful behavior that harms the image of the italian people. He will be suited for 5 million euros..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 26)