Spit ban for Totti? (22 Viewers)

OP
Juventino

Juventino

Jul 27, 2002
  • Thread Starter #181
    the latest is that the Jury want's to ban him for 4 days!
    I think they refer to game days...

anyway that's what the jury wants, no verdict at this point!!!
    so I don't know perhaps he will be let to play against Sweden!?
    and after that they will come with an verdict?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
    Apr 19, 2003
    Screw him!!!!!

If that's his attitide then fvck you Totti!!!

I hope the team will be better without him!

I heard Vieri left the trainings when he heard about the ban...Vieri u don't like it?Go fvck also!

**** i hate all those problems in the team!

I just want to see a good team,tha want's to win and giving all and not bunch of lazy guyz who think themselfs superstars!

FORZA AZZURI!!!

Aug 1, 2003
    what he did was very immature, but I can't help but feel sad in a way - I looked forward to his playing skills for Italy.

Anyhow, I hope even if Totti's banned this will open up chances for others like Pirlo and sort of rejuvenate things that will bring Italy back on their feet.

Forza.

Jan 7, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Ferrari^M ] ++
    Just 3? The Italian Federation should sent him home, to teach him a lesson...

you know they are not gonna do that.

then totti is gonna get mad and who is gonna play for italy? i mean we should go and complain for this unrightfull ban and we should not play the other games till totti is playing with italy. i mean whats the point of playing if he isnt there. you saw the first game when he was simply magical

IncuboRossonero

Inferiority complex
    Nov 16, 2003
    3 games was fair given the following circumstances:

1. Looking at the video clip it is clear that the spit was a reaction to the elbow/nudge that Poulsen gave Totti. Totti did not intentionally run up to Poulsen from afar and plant a wet one on him. It was a reaction to that little incident. In the past the harsh bans have seen players go out of their way from mid-field..approach the player and spit.

2. Poulsen and UEFA confirmed that the spit did not hit Poulsen in the face. From such a close distance would someone really miss? Was he aiming for his face? Over his shoulder? Its not clear cut. ( Don't get up in arms .. I'm not condoning it but just stating what happened).

3. Rijkaard spit at Voeller after a racial slur by Voeller and as a result both got suspended. Mihajlovic has a reputation for being a dirty player which did not help. In addition the clip is under far different circumstances and there was a history between both players. Despite popular belief Totti is not a dirty player AND was the most fouled player in Serie A last season PLUS his extensive charity work was brought up by his defense.

4. Denmark themselves were only going for a 4 game ban so anything higher was pretty much put to rest.

Anyhow, Good Riddance Totti.

Cassano, Alex, Pirlo, Rino: YOUR TURN BOYS.

OP
    Juventino

Juventino

Jul 27, 2002
  • Thread Starter #198
    ++ [ originally posted by IncuboRossonero ] ++
    2. Poulsen and UEFA confirmed that the spit did not hit Poulsen in the face. From such a close distance would someone really miss? Was he aiming for his face? Over his shoulder? Its not clear cut. ( Don't get up in arms .. I'm not condoning it but just stating what happened).
    Poulsen actually claims that in no less than 6 occasions Totti spat on him where 3 hit him in the face and one on his jersey! But there was only the one we have seen that the danish camera man caught!!!

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Juventino ] ++
    Poulsen actually claims that in no less than 6 occasions Totti spat on him where 3 hit him in the face and one on his jersey! But there was only the one we have seen that the danish camera man caught!!!
    In that case, Poulsen was a bit foolish not to tell the referee to at least look out for it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 22)