Spiceboy > [:handshake:] < Perez/Valdano (2 Viewers)

juvelover

Jul 13, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++
That's true yeah. What is up with the Real Madrid board? Trying to buy every status player on earth! Had you told me Beckham would move to Madrid six months ago, I would have laughed at you :undecide:

Nice avater btw :howler: ;)
it's all about business ,, selling t-shirts ,, comercials , boots , hair cut , it is baisically business , they don't need they really need a defender

Sarah_old

Jul 30, 2002
Surely it points to that. Since Becks is big in Asia namely in Japan, Real's gonna get more money coming their way...by using his 'celebrity image'.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/headlinenews?id=270016&cc=4716

Quoting bits from that article:

"Beckham has agreed to the Bernabeu club's demand that they receive 50 per cent of every players' personal contracts from any deals they negotiate after joining the nine-times European champions.

Beckham was paid £20,000 per week at United, out of a wage of £90,000 per week, in exchange for his image rights although that did not include his personal sponsorship deals.

But the England captain has now agreed to hand over 50 per cent of all future sponsorship contracts for products he might agree to endorse. "

-S-

bongo10

Jun 11, 2003
still with all the world class players I still don't like them except Zizou
Last season Italian teams proved themselves in Champions League and in my mind I don't think that Real Madrid could beat Juventus or AC Milan in the future

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++

Their arrogance will cost them, I'm certain of it. I mean, so many rich, spoiled, selfish players in one team can't possibly survive, right?

I was just kidding about Madrid being dangerous btw ;)
I was thinking on that some days ago.

Madrid must be careful, because know,,this dream team could explode in every moment.

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++
becks will play centre mid with makelele. The really worrying thing is that Real are now trying to get ronaldinho too :eek:
then they'll have two defenders! R Carlos and Hierro :thumb: :star: quality all the way!

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
Becks to play five-a-side in Malaysia

David Beckham is expected to make a brief return to action when his promotional road show hits Kuala Lumpur.

The England captain arrives in the Malaysian capital comforted in the knowledge that his new employers Real Madrid clinched the Spanish title just days after his £25 million move from Manchester United was confirmed.

Beckham will unveiled on July 2 providing there are no problems with his medical 24 hours earlier.

For the moment he is on personal business in the Far East. He is expected to play in a five-a-side match against a number of celebrities, according to The Star newspaper in Malaysia.

Beckham says he is looking forward to the trip. He spent three days last week in Japan where he was mobbed.

Beckham said: `Not many footballers get the chance to visit Malaysia or much of Asia.

`It's so nice to visit new places and meet new people who have such a wonderful passion for football and winning.'

In a tour sponsored by Castrol UK, Beckham will move on to Vietnam and Thailand on Wednesday before returning home and preparing for a new life in Spain.

--------------------
get outta my country ye prick :groan:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)