Mascherano
Pique
Garay
Badstuber
Boateng
Benatia
Hummels
Kompany

Not really. You ask football fans in general who they'd rate higher, I'm willing to bet Ramos would win comfortably, even though he does have his fair share of detractors.
Football fans also rate Marcelo, Varane and Callejon. That's because 9 of 10 football fans can't be bothered with the idea that a defender should be rated based on his defending

Buy on AliExpress.com

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Non Juve CBs better than Sergio Ramos

Thiago Silva
Godin
Miranda
Mascherano
Pique
Boateng
Benatia
Hummels
Kompany
Mascherano as a CB is never better than Ramos. Also no way Pique is as good as Ramos, come on, he makes much more mistakes, he's slower, he's not as good in the air, he's not considered better than Ramos in the NT at all.

Kompany has been really poor for two seasons now, I wouldn't even place him in the top 3 in the EPL.

I disagree about Boateng, but I'll give you that thats debatable. I don't rate Hummels as highly to be honest, but then again I don't watch enough of Bundesliga and you most probably know more than me about him, so I won't get into an argument on that comparison.

Miranda had one excellent season, he wasn't as good last season to be honest.

Thiago Silva and Godin are top defenders, I agree that both are better.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
Not really. You ask football fans in general who they'd rate higher, I'm willing to bet Ramos would win comfortably, even though he does have his fair share of detractors.
To be fair, if you ask any casual fans if they rate RM or Barca players then any other from other league, besides premier league top clubs, they would pick RM or barca, just because they only know those players. Not to mention that most general fans would probably never heard bon bons name before the final.

Lapa

FLY, EAGLES FLY
Sep 29, 2008
Well that's because football fans don't even know who Bonucci is.. at least here in Finland. :D

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Non Juve CBs better than Sergio Ramos

Thiago Silva
Godin
Miranda :sergio:
Mascherano
Pique
Garay :sergio:
Badstuber :sergio:
Boateng
Benatia :sergio:
Hummels :sergio:
Kompany

Football fans also rate Marcelo, Varane and Callejon. That's because 9 of 10 football fans can't be bothered with the idea that a defender should be rated based on his defending
so you think the ones i sergioed are better than our defenders?

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
To be honest, fullbacks are a much more complex subject. Different footballing cultures have different ideas about how a fullback should play. Lichtsteiner for example, would be considered a top fullback in leagues like the Italian and the English, but his lack of dribbling ability, technique and crossing would cause him to be rated less if he were playing in La Liga.

The point I'm trying to make is fullbacks role really depends on the system he's playing in, the league, etc. Marcelo is considered a top fullback in Spain, he obviously wouldn't be rated as high if he were playing at Juve for example.

- - - Updated - - -

To be fair, if you ask any casual fans if they rate RM or Barca players then any other from other league, besides premier league top clubs, they would pick RM or barca, just because they only know those players. Not to mention that most general fans would probably never heard bon bons name before the final.
Well that's because football fans don't even know who Bonucci is.. at least here in Finland. :D
Ok, I'll give you that the general football fan may probably not know Bonucci as much, but still IMO Ramos is a level above him, and I'd bet even knowledgeable fans who watch Serie A and Liga who are not Juve fans would still be more likely to rate Ramos higher than they would Bonucci.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
I would too, I don't think bon bon is good defender. He did good this year, but if you put it in any other team next year, he would suck. Because he's a semi terrible defender. But I wouldn't rate ramos, purely as a defender, as something good. He's a decent defender and nothing more in my books.

Oh and Barzagli is a class defender. He is definitely better, much better then ramos. In the day where there are no more cannavaros or nestas, Barzagli is a fucking great defender.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
I would too, I don't think bon bon is good defender. He did good this year, but if you put it in any other team next year, he would suck. Because he's a semi terrible defender. But I wouldn't rate ramos, purely as a defender, as something good. He's a decent defender and nothing more in my books.

Oh and Barzagli is a class defender. He is definitely better, much better then ramos. In the day where there are no more cannavaros or nestas, Barzagli is a fucking great defender.
Ok, I see that you don't rate Ramos. At least you're not overrating your teams defenders :D

I agree with you about Barzagli by the way, he's definitely a top defender. I said earlier that unlike Bonucci, I don't have a problem with one saying Barzagli is better than Ramos, I think its highly debatable though, and I also think Barzagli wouldn't be as good playing in La Liga. For me, Ramos slightly edges it.

- - - Updated - - -

Talking about Ramos and centerbacks. There's talk of Real Madrid being interested in Koscielny :scared:

That being said though, they obviously haven't watched him play for the French NT. Whenever he plays with Varane, nothing but disasters happen. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)