[SPA] La Liga 2014/2015 (173 Viewers)

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
It is several things really. For one thing, ultras are banned by the club so that is one main source of atmosphere gone. Another is the amount of tourists who don't know any of the chants. And third is the acoustics at the stadium which aren't conducive to holding in noise, so on TV it sounds worse than it is.
I don't know since when they're banned but I don't remember even when I was a little kid enjoying Camp Nou atmosphere.

I agree with Fred here. Different clubs, different atmosphere. Of course Atletico's fans are going to make noise. The only way their team could ever win is if they show all their grit and passion. Barcelona on the other hand is all about playing good football. Same goes for Real: you don't expect booes, you expect white handkerchiefs if things go wrong.
You can play good football and create an epic atmosphere at the same time.

Ragazza

Calciopoli Director
Jul 22, 2013
I don't know since when they're banned but I don't remember even when I was a little kid enjoying Camp Nou atmosphere.
They were banned by Laporta after he became president, so a little over a decade ago. The group itself is banned, certain members still manage to attend matches but as far as I know they aren't allowed to display their affiliation. Some were banned rightfully (racism and violence) but not all were like that - guilty by association. But it's like in Italy when you see an entire Curva closed because one section of them decided to chant something racist or throw a firework at opposition fans.

Fan-made coreo isn't allowed either, those displays you see at big games are designed by the club and the fans are told what to do and when. It didn't used to be like this.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
They were banned by Laporta after he became president, so a little over a decade ago. The group itself is banned, certain members still manage to attend matches but as far as I know they aren't allowed to display their affiliation. Some were banned rightfully (racism and violence) but not all were like that - guilty by association. But it's like in Italy when you see an entire Curva closed because one section of them decided to chant something racist or throw a firework at opposition fans.

Fan-made coreo isn't allowed either, those displays you see at big games are designed by the club and the fans are told what to do and when. It didn't used to be like this.
If we are talking about Boixes Noise Group (not sure I pronounced right), they didn't add much I remember as a little kid, I was watching Barcelona way before Laporta was in charge.

Ragazza

Calciopoli Director
Jul 22, 2013
If we are talking about Boixes Noise Group (not sure I pronounced right), they didn't add much I remember as a little kid, I was watching Barcelona way before Laporta was in charge.
Yes, them. I'm not so sure about other groups, the reason I know a lot about Boixos is because my friend's dad was a member. Of course they weren't the only ones providing atmosphere back in the day, and one doesn't have to be an ultra in order to create noise and cheer for their team, but their banning also eventually led to those other restrictions like banning tifo displays and large banners/flags. If the fans don't have any of those abilities, that would likely have an effect. But again that's one of several factors.

- - - Updated - - -

I remember those Boixos Nois cunts or whatever the fucked they're called were chanting about Heysel when we played them last, the pieces of shite.
That shit is uncalled for and I'd just like to clarify that I'm not defending such behavior, nor some of the other things some of their members have done. Just naming their absence and the future developments and restrictions since they've been gone as a partial factor as to why the Camp Nou atmosphere is poor.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Ronaldo desperately going for Messi's single season goal record. Already on a hat trick in the first 34 minutes... 48 goals on the season. If it wasn't for his stupid and petulant suspension this year, he'd likely have 50+ goals already.

:lol: at these meaningless goals though.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Man meaningless goals or not, that free kick was pure ability. Crazy really.
:agree:

He's an incredible player.

Question. The BEIN commentators keep saying Messi scored 49 league goals in 11/12 and Ronaldo only needs 2 more to pass him?? I thought Messi scored 50 in 11/12?

- - - Updated - - -

Nevermind, just answered it myself. He scored 50 in 37 according to whoscored.

Man, Ronaldo off the post. Could have had a 4th.

- - - Updated - - -

James with an absolutely brilliant free kick. Surprised Ronaldo let him take it.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
As the commentator said, it's like he was in Copacabana playing at the beach :D @Fred @zizinho @Fr3sh

Neymar is such an amazing player, he is arguably second best only to the two freaks of nature that are Messi and Ronaldo.

If he becomes stronger physically he would be a different monster though.

You optimistic about the Copa America?

CrimsonianKing

The end of Jihadism
Jan 16, 2013
Neymar is such an amazing player, he is arguably second best only to the two freaks of nature that are Messi and Ronaldo.

If he becomes stronger physically he would be a different monster though.

You optimistic about the Copa America?
Sure, this Brazil is undoubtedly stronger than the one at the WC:

A Neymar who's gained lots of experience in Europe and is playing his best Football yet.

- A solid pair in Miranda and Silva

- We Finally have someone real talented who can be useful up front in Firmino, a player that has become a talisman scoring almost every match.

- Danilo who's a hell of a full back.

- More creative options in the mid which is something we truly lacked (Coutinho, Felipe Anderson). Although the latter won't join the squad for Copa América, he's expected to play both friendlies and be a name for the Olympics next year.

- Add all that to having a real tactician in Dunga. Felipão was full of shit.

All in all, yes i'm optmistic. The WC was just the wrong players at the wrong time and wrong place.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 173)