[SPA] La Liga 2014/2015 (176 Viewers)

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
No. They wouldn't have. Take away Messi's goals and they instantly lose CL finals and title deciding games against Real. Truth of the matter is, no matter how much tiki taka they might have, Barcelona depend on Messi.

Take in mind that I'm not saying Iniesta and Xavi are poor players. But if you have to choose between Xavi and Messi, the choice is obvious.
Tiki Taka helps Messi score so many goals. There's no way he would score this amount of goals lets say at Chelsea or Juve.

I am not taking away Messi's goals but I think Barcelona would have still won titles even if we eliminate half of Messi's goals, someone else would have scored the other half.

How many hattricks has Messi scored when the match was already over in La liga or CL group stage? That's my point.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Tiki Taka helps Messi score so many goals. There's no way he would score this amount of goals lets say at Chelsea or Juve.

I am not taking away Messi's goals but I think Barcelona would have still won titles even if we eliminate half of Messi's goals, someone else would have scored the other half.

How many hattricks has Messi scored when the match was already over in La liga or CL group stage? That's my point.
Not as many goals no perhaps. But look at last World Cup. Everyone agrees Messi was poor. Yet he was still easily Argentina's most influential players and Argentina reached the friggin' final.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
I disagree.

Barcelona's style of play though for the last 6-7 years should be mostly credited though to Xavi-Iniesta partnership (Spain's NT WC and Euro is another proof). Obviously the credits will go to someone who scores over 45+ goals a season but Barcelona would still have won the titles even if Messi scored 20 goals a season. It's their system and style IMO.
Iniesta has been completely out of form this season barring the past couple of months maybe, Xavi barely plays anymore. Messi is still as good as he ever was and is going to pass the 40 league goal a season mark yet again, how do you explain that?

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Not as many goals no perhaps. But look at last World Cup. Everyone agrees Messi was poor. Yet he was still easily Argentina's most influential players and Argentina reached the friggin' final.
Obviously he is Argentina's most influential player, the team is built around him but I don't think that's the case in Barcelona.

He's the most important player in his club but they can still win most matches without him and Suarez and Neymar will still score the goal not as much as he does though.

Iniesta has been completely out of form this season barring the past couple of months maybe, Xavi barely plays anymore. Messi is still as good as he ever was and is going to pass the 40 league goal a season mark yet again, how do you explain that?
Can you ignore the fact that Barcelona do still apply the playing style that was adopted and created under Pep? What I am saying is that Xavi and Iniesta played a big role for what Barcelona is today just like they did with the National Team, dominated for few years.

Again, I am not taking anything away from Messi, Xavi is not a starter anymore but the system and Xavi replacements adapted well, Iniesta could be out of form but he's still the brain in the midfield and it's easy to play beside him.

Leo fits in that system perfectly, he's fast, doesn't have to defend or run back, can sprint anytime and plays easily the one touch pass with anyone, incredible talent couldn't get any better for him in this team. But if he doesn't score/use his chances (he does), Suarez will and Neymar will. That's why If we take Messi's half goals away Barcelona would still win most of their matches.

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
Messi just isn't about goals though and so many people fail to realise the real impact he has on the team.

When he is making his dribbles with the ball he is taking 2-3 players with him creating lots of space for his team mates.

His one touch passing is a nightmare to defend against as his acceleration pulls him away from the defenders as they can't react quick enough.

Then to add to that his passing and vision has been unbelievable as of late, he is pulling the strings in midfield and attack for Barcelona.

He is the most complete attacker I have ever seen, he just excels as an attacking midfielder and nobody is close to his level atm.

Then if u add onto that his goals, he doesn't just score tap ins or waits for the ball to be passed to him.

He is involved in the build up play most of the time starting the attacks and scoring amazing goals.

He has to work so much harder for his goals than Ronaldo and it's not even close who the better player is as Messi is playing on a completely different level than any other player.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Messi just isn't about goals though and so many people fail to realise the real impact he has on the team.

When he is making his dribbles with the ball he is taking 2-3 players with him creating lots of space for his team mates.

His one touch passing is a nightmare to defend against as his acceleration pulls him away from the defenders as they can't react quick enough.

Then to add to that his passing and vision has been unbelievable as of late, he is pulling the strings in midfield and attack for Barcelona.

He is the most complete attacker I have ever seen, he just excels as an attacking midfielder and nobody is close to his level atm.

Then if u add onto that his goals, he doesn't just score tap ins or waits for the ball to be passed to him.

He is involved in the build up play most of the time starting the attacks and scoring amazing goals.

He has to work so much harder for his goals than Ronaldo and it's not even close who the better player is as Messi is playing on a completely different level than any other player.
Giving credit to Messi on Tuz, you're doomed for life man.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Difference between Messi and Tapnaldo is that Messi makes Barca's game and Tapnaldo benefits from Real's game. That's why I said James (Modric, Kroos) are scarier than Ronaldu.
Look I hate defending Ronaldo, so don't make me do it :D

You can call him Penaldo, you can call him Tapnaldo, fact of the matter is he is one of the most efficient players to ever play the game. It's not a coincidence that his arrival to Real coincided with their return to grace. The guy's a fucking machine; his movement off the ball is so good, his finishing is near perfect, his physical abilities are second to none, he is one of the fastest players in the world, his fitness levels are insane, and above all, the one thing that makes both him and Messi extremely special imo, is their level of consistency. Take Ronaldo out of this Madrid team, and ya maybe their build up play and general play would not be effected as much as Barca's without Messi, but one thing you can be sure of is that they will not be the same team, because they will not have that player that can score all types of goals from almost anywhere on the pitch, and do so all season long year after year.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
No. They wouldn't have. Take away Messi's goals and they instantly lose CL finals and title deciding games against Real. Truth of the matter is, no matter how much tiki taka they might have, Barcelona depend on Messi.

Take in mind that I'm not saying Iniesta and Xavi are poor players. But if you have to choose between Xavi and Messi, the choice is obvious.
big lie. they would win both CL finals without Messis goals, he had some crucial goals in important games, including 2 in CL semifinal vs Real, but not nearly enough as you make it seem. majority of Messis goals come when games are already decided...

- - - Updated - - -

was he? what impact he had in the most important 3 games of the tournament? when it mattered, he failed

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
I don't like the midget, but he's one of the most efficient players that has ever played the game. Same goes for Gaynaldo. Both are friggin' machines, their consistency is incredible. Even when you put aside terrible defending these days. Still I'd choose players like FatRonaldo, Ale, or Zizou ahead of them. Simply found their game more imaginative and inspiring to watch.

- - - Updated - - -

If they had played Tevez instead of Higuain they would have probably won it.
Choosing to take Palacio instead of Tevez was one of the most ridiculous calls that any NT manager has made. Argie team desperately lacked player of Tevez' character.

Klovn

#MakeTuzGreatAgain
Jul 28, 2011
big lie. they would win both CL finals without Messis goals, he had some crucial goals in important games, including 2 in CL semifinal vs Real, but not nearly enough as you make it seem. majority of Messis goals come when games are already decided...
LOL

GrecoJuve

May 19, 2014
Messi is not like Cristiano, he is more like a footballer than an athlete. He can create so, he can still play untill his 35 without scoring so many goals, but giving assists.

Also, his age is perfect for the next WC.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 175)