[SPA] La Liga 2014/2015 (151 Viewers)

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
To me Messi is hyped. Played only in la Liga where everyone's afraid to touch him. He's well protected by refrees. Unlike Ronaldo who has proven himself in EPL and even won a Ballon d'Or there.
Until Messi moves to EPl or a more physical league where he isn't allowed such stuff i will not rate him higher than Ronaldo.

Just see how useful he is at WC where players there don't let you do your shit as you see fit. Lavezzi and Di Maria at wc did a much better job than Messi.

Klovn

#MakeTuzGreatAgain
Jul 28, 2011
To me Messi is hyped. Played only in la Liga where everyone's afraid to touch him. He's well protected by refrees. Unlike Ronaldo who has proven himself in EPL and even won a Ballon d'Or there.
Until Messi moves to EPl or a more physical league where he isn't allowed such stuff i will not rate him higher than Ronaldo.

Just see how useful he is at WC where players there don't let you do your shit as you see fit. Lavezzi and Di Maria at wc did a much better job than Messi.
Wat

- - - Updated - - -

Russians. :lol2:

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
Wat

- - - Updated - - -

Russians. :lol2:
Just my opinion. He always played in Barca which has a special philosophy and refree as soon as he is touched it's a foul. So most of time players just look at him without really trying.
Just so you know the difference between watching you and tackling you every fucking time. All Hype dude. Messi is good but not as much as they tell us all over.
With Argentina he always did shit or average at best and it's portugal with almost no quality players but a super Argentina.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Just my opinion. He always played in Barca which has a special philosophy and refree as soon as he is touched it's a foul. So most of time players just look at him without really trying.
it doesent really have to do with Messi and Barca, todays football in general is too soft

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
it doesent really have to do with Messi and Barca, todays football in general is too soft
i'd say it's more players cheating (as english likes to say) or acting rather than being too soft.
But you know that lot of years ago there was no red?!?! the defenders used to do a sick joke on strikers.
They would draw a line a little outside of penalty area telling them "look if you cross that line i'll destroy your knee" XD back then game was brutal!

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011

And Serie A of course. This league has always been a challenge for offensive players and would put them to ultimate test. Pace will get you so far, but you'll need to have a little bit more trickery to succeed here, where most teams park the fuckin' double decker when facing bigger teams.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
I would like to see Messi change leagues more so I can see him play for another team besides Barca. I think there are big advantages his teammates provide him that he would get in few teams.

I mean, to see 3 or 4 players running in behind the defense when Messi has the ball is quite staggering. It would be hard to defend anyone when there are 3 or 4 of his teammates trying to run in behind you, let alone Messi.

Barca wins the ball back so quickly, Messi doesn't have to do any defensive work. There are acres of space between the lines in Spain except against Atl. Madrid whom Messi struggles with the most.

Messi might be one of the top 3 players ever but I'd like to see him on another team before I can say that for sure.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
:agree: :tup:

- - - Updated - - -

Just so you know the difference between watching you and tackling you every fucking time. All Hype dude. Messi is good but not as much as they tell us all over.
With Argentina he always did shit or average at best and it's portugal with almost no quality players but a super Argentina.
:tup: Now that is what I call ingenuity. Baggio had supreme dribbling skills, would throw his markers off balance with a single move, toying with arguably the best defenders on planet week in week out, as opposed to playing every week against bunch of pedestrians. Notice in that video how he avoids leg breaking challenges. Brilliant.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uk1iRg4Xt-M

Also love this video, epic battle between Gentile and Maradona, the later was heavily bruised afterwards and it perfectly respresents what football used to be before ballerinas started to get more protection.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 151)