[SPA] La Liga 2010/2011 (7 Viewers)

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Say what you want to say about Liga teams, but in the end the Sevilla's, Valencia's and Athletico's are still better than the Napoli's, Sampdoria's, Roma's and Palermo's.

Still, i do not enjoy watching Liga much, other than Real and Barca, and would almost always prefer the Serie A. But thats a matter of taste only.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Say what you want to say about Liga teams, but in the end the Sevilla's, Valencia's and Athletico's are still better than the Napoli's, Sampdoria's, Roma's and Palermo's.

Still, i do not enjoy watching Liga much, other than Real and Barca, and would almost always prefer the Serie A. But thats a matter of taste only.
But that's not the right comparison here. If Inter is compared to both Barcelona and Real Madrid then you have to compare Valencia, Sevilla and Athletico to Roma, Milan and Juventus. Palermo, Sampdoria and Lazio can be compared to Espanyol, Sociedad, Getafe and the rest. These periodical teams that pop up for a few seasons.

Gabriel

Killed By Death
May 23, 2010
I agree with Jack, if you're gonna compare you should compare:

Barcelona - Real - Valencia - Sevilla - Atlético

with

Inter - Juve - Milan - Roma.

Still i think teams like Valencia, Sevilla and Atletico could beat Roma and give a hard time to Juve and Milan. Even if i don't consider the spanish teams better than their italian counterparts, they're not far behind.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
But that's not the right comparison here. If Inter is compared to both Barcelona and Real Madrid then you have to compare Valencia, Sevilla and Athletico to Roma, Milan and Juventus. Palermo, Sampdoria and Lazio can be compared to Espanyol, Sociedad, Getafe and the rest. These periodical teams that pop up for a few seasons.

with

Actually i was comparing Inter and Milan as the supposed two best teams in Italy with Barcelona and Real Madrid. I left out Juve, thats my bad, so i think the comparison should be:

Athletico, Sevilla, Villareal, Valencia

Juventus, Roma, Sampdoria, Palermo/Napoli

Spanish teams still win imo, with quite a distance if i may add.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003

with

Still i think teams like Valencia, Sevilla and Atletico could beat Roma and give a hard time to Juve and Milan. Even if i don't consider the spanish teams better than their italian counterparts, they're not far behind.

How are they not better than their Italian counterparts?

Juve is still kind of a mystery, as they have been doing quite well lately, and could be in for some kind of a comeback.

Other than that, Athletico, Valencia and Villareal could beat all the rest of the teams imo. Samp, Palermo and Napoli aren't even close to the likes of Sevilla and the other 3 aforementioned clubs.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004

Juve is still kind of a mystery, as they have been doing quite well lately, and could be in for some kind of a comeback.

Other than that, Athletico, Valencia and Villareal could beat all the rest of the teams imo. Samp, Palermo and Napoli aren't even close to the likes of Sevilla and the other 3 aforementioned clubs.
That's true but still the leagues cannot be compared because the gap between the top teams in Italy and the rest of the lot is not as vast as it is between Real and Barcelona contra the rest. Even if Inter is winning every year by a margin they still end up with many unpredictable games.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
However I think Inter are ahead of Madrid.
Debatable for this season, especially after the strong start Madrid are having, but i will reserve judgment for now, and i won't agree or disagree.

Btw, Madrid have been better than Barca in all competitions thus far this season.

Gabriel

Killed By Death
May 23, 2010

I never said they couldn't, for example, i wouldn't bet against Valencia, Atletico and Villareal in matches against Roma or Juve, but i wouldn't bet for them either, they would be even matches imo. Still, spanish teams other than Barca and Real are inconsistent as fuck, they could play marvelous games and then get trashed the next one, Sevilla vs Braga comes to mind.

I don't consider either sides better, i agree though that Palermo and Napoli, let alone Sampdoria are not even close to those you mentioned.

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
Spanish la liga is shit, When the gap between 2nd place and 3rd is more than 20 points + Teams keep winning by 5 and 6 goals margin almost every other week. One would realize what a fucked up league that is.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Tactically Spanish teams are a little behind, thats all. Barca have been playing the same style of football for years now, and teams still have not figured out how to play them. But when those teams play teams of a similar level to them, they're not as bad.

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
Tactically Spanish teams are a little behind, thats all. Barca have been playing the same style of football for years now, and teams still have not figured out how to play them. But when those teams play teams of a similar level to them, they're not as bad.
What about Real ? The gap between Real Madrid and valencia the 3rd place team was 25 points last season :shifty: .

I mean the numbers says it all about this league. Last season the spanish la liga clubs (with the exception of Real and Baca) have spent collectively around 100 millions on their transfers. Serie A clubs (with the exception of Juve, milan and Inter) have spent 300 millions on their transfers. Thats 3 times what the spanish clubs have spent .

Majority of Spanish clubs are almost bankrupt, They hardly have anything to spend. The only thing IMO that is holding that league from collapsing is pretty much Real and Barca. Take those two clubs from that league and your left with nothing....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)