[SPA] La Liga 2010/2011 (38 Viewers)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
He's having his moment, let him be :p

Btw, overall random question, which one will hurt Real chances more, for Ronaldo to get injured and miss the game? or Pepe? I'm undecided, since Ronaldo is pure and simply their whole attack force, but I'm pretty sure the result of the last two games would been quite bit more in the air without Pepe's presence on that midfield.

JBF

اختك يا زمن
Aug 5, 2006
He's having his moment, let him be :p

Btw, overall random question, which one will hurt Real chances more, for Ronaldo to get injured and miss the game? or Pepe? I'm undecided, since Ronaldo is pure and simply their whole attack force, but I'm pretty sure the result of the last two games would been quite bit more in the air without Pepe's presence on that midfield.
I'd say Pepe definitely. While Ronaldo is RM's major force up front yet I can easily see a tridnet of Di Maria, Ozil and Ade(physical strength ftw) giving headaches to Pique and co Yet I can't see any player replacing Pepe with the efficiency that guy gives in central midfield, he's a damn machine pulling tackles and destroying organised build up plays. He's a Sissoko with a decent passing technique.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I know what you mean, Messi used to be able to stretch any defence from the right, and Ronaldinho same on the left (and later on form Henry), with off the ball movement (just before attacks/plays start, starting positions). Now its more about Messi in a central no man zone, a Pedro who roams freely, is more about cutting in OFF the ball, not with it (and is in the wrong flank for him, better on left), allways given space to Alves there, never really doing any winger tasks. And a Villa who looks for central space at any given moment, and whenever he is on the left, its mainly to play it simply.

They are so used to outplaying anyone with short triangle passing centrally, that they even dont play quick counters initiated from the wing anymore (defenitely just Alves), or fake it to stretch out the opponent (now almost everyone's starting position is a central one). Its the same Barca football of previous years, but with less arsenal/options. They used to slow down games then quickly turn up the speed as a team, now, not as much (unless its Messi on the ball). In the league game, ONLY one who made deep runs was Messi, and he did it just couple times. Previous "golden" Barca team used to do it alot (majority of it being Eto'o).
Yup.

The Barca team that won the CL in 2009 was better than the current team.

They haven't been as effective or as good to watch since the sold Eto'o.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Despite his brilliant performances, I think that Pepe's role is more tactical and thus it can be matched by another bully. Maybe not as perfectly, but it can be done by Lass for example. Ronaldo on the other hand is irreplaceable. Without him Real will literally park the bus (which they didn't really do in the previous two matches) and they won't dare to attack. That will be sooner or later punished.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Despite his brilliant performances, I think that Pepe's role is more tactical and thus it can be matched by another bully. Maybe not as perfectly, but it can be done by Lass for example. Ronaldo on the other hand is irreplaceable. Without him Real will literally park the bus (which they didn't really do in the previous two matches) and they won't dare to attack. That will be sooner or later punished.
Lassana Diarra isn't nearly as mobile as Pepe, though.

While Diarra could do the job to some extent, I doubt he'd be half as effective as Pepe.

Real would be better off playing Ramos in central midfield if Pepe was missing.

JBF

اختك يا زمن
Aug 5, 2006
It's at times like these I miss the good old Valencia :touched:

They had both those clowns by the neck, those two spent more yet the more they spent the more clueless they felt.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 38)