[SPA] La Liga 2009/2010 (4 Viewers)

OP
Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #2,742
    Look, we're getting in a whole new debate with this DP vs Zlatan argument. I brought it up to prove my point that being more complete does not equate being a better player.

A better example maybe would be Inzaghi, there are millions of strikers that are more complete than him, but very few that are actually better.
    Being complete player in several departments on the field makes you better player. Of course you can be better than a player in a single department or two which is not a difference or a problem but when it's about several things then you're definitely better.

And not even Zlatan mother would argue with you concerning her son being a better player than Del Piero in his prime, seriously.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
    Indeed. Zlatan being a more complete player than Ale is more looking like a joke. Even Zlatan fans won't buy that. But yes, let's stop it before we get accused of being biased Del Piero fans :D

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    Being complete player in several departments on the field makes you better player. Of course you can be better than a player in a single department or two which is not a difference or a problem but when it's about several things then you're definitely better.

And not even Zlatan mother would argue with you concerning her son being a better player than Del Piero in his prime, seriously.
    In no place did i say Zlatan is a better player than DP was. On the complete contrary, i stated that DP was the better player several times. Actually if i said that Zlatan was the better player, i'd have completely lost the Messi - Ronaldo debate.

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
    Zlatan is really weak mentally. One of the things that i've absalutely hated in this guy ever since he's days in Juve. Under pressure he can be one of the useless players out there.

He's form right now in Barca in an evidence of that. He was flying in the beginning of the season playing better than any of barca's players and now he looks like a joke.

As for the comparison between Ibra and del piero :howler:

And i'm not even a del piero fan but in he's prime del piero would piss all over zlatan easilly.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    Did any of you guys read my posts. I challenge anyone to bring me a post where i said Zlatan was better than DP in his prime. The whole reason i brought up the Zlatan - DP comparison was to show that being more complete does not equate being a better player. Plus if i said that Zlatan was a better player then my point about Ronaldo-Messi would be completely void wouldn't it??

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
    @fred

My post wasn't intended toward you mate, its just for those "zlatan fanboys" not necessary in this forum but in general who keep comparing Zlatan to del piero, i think its just stupid.

Forget about the talent and everything else. Mentally del piero is light years ahead of zlatan. Whenever del piero is benched or faces Criticism he returns better and tougher than before (you can't teach that to a player).

Zlatan is the opposite IMO, he really melts down under pressure. Talent wise Zlatan is great nodoubt about that but mentally he is one of weakest (world class players) that i've seen in the past 20 years. Don't know whats he's problem but i thought he finally changed that in he's game the past few years but its the same old zlatan.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    It is actually. Like i said, Zlatan can do things that Ale is not good at, most of the things Ale can do Zlatan can do them too, just not as good as Ale.

For example Zlatan is a very strong player, DP's physical ability isn't that good. Zlatan is a monster in the air, DP can't compete with most defenders in the air. Zlatan is both a physical and a skillful player, DP is 95% reliant on his technical ability. Zlatan can lead the line and be the main striker like he is doing at Barca right now and at the same time he can play as a second striker that drops deep to pick the ball up and bring teammates into play, DP can only play as a second striker, he cannot lead the line or be the main striker.

Therefore Zlatan is a more complete player, but he is not a better player. Same as Ronaldo being more complete than Messi but not better than him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)