23 MF Wesley Sneijder
24 MF Javier Balboa
25 GK Jerzy Dudek

Buy on AliExpress.com

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Can someone list Real Madrid's transfers this season, in and out and the prices?
GK Iker Casillas
2 DF Míchel Salgado
3 DF Pepe -Pepe has penned a five-year contract with the Spanish champions, for a €30 million fee
4 DF Sergio Ramos
5 DF Fabio Cannavaro
6 MF Mahamadou Diarra
7 FW Raúl González
8 MF Fernando Gago
9 FW Roberto Soldado
10 FW Robinho
11 MF Arjen Robben - completed his move to Real Madrid on a five-year deal on 22 August 2007, with the transfer fee reported as €36 million
12 DF Marcelo
13 GK Jordi Codina
14 MF Guti
15 MF Royston Drenthe -14 milion euros
16 DF Gabriel Heinze - joined Real Madrid on a four year deal, for a reported £8 million fee.
17 FW Ruud van Nistelrooy
18 FW Javier Saviola -free
19 MF Júlio Baptista
20 FW Gonzalo Higuaín
21 DF Christoph Metzelder -free
22 DF Miguel Torres
23 MF Wesley Sneijder -On August 12, 2007 Ajax agreed to sell Sneijder to Real Madrid for 27 million euros.
24 MF Javier Balboa
25 GK Jerzy Dudek -had agreed to join Real Madrid on a free transfer from Liverpool.

:tup:

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Calderón Pleased To Silence Critics

Real Madrid president Ramón Calderón was pleased that the emphatic victory against Villarreal will silence some of Bernd Schuster's critics.

The Bernabéu supremo was also delighted with the entertaining performane that saw los Merengues continue to attack despite chalking up a comfortable lead.

Calderón did issue a word of caution though, as he recognised that it is stil early days and that expectations must be realistic.

"We have to be humble. We cannot be content with that, but we are on the right path," he said.

"Nobody should forget that there are still 36 games remaining.

"I have received messages from fans telling me that this is the Madrid that they want to see and that is always great news.

"I am pleased with what I saw. This is a long season and Schuster must be allowed to carry on working."

Schuster was attacked by the media after some of Madrid's performances in pre-season, but Calderón believes that the first two league wins prove that the club have the right man for the job.

"I think he was treated unfairly and I am happy for him that he has showed that we did not make a mistake," he continued.

"Schuster is a cautious person, he will not change and he has suffered a lot because of the way he has been treated.

"I have read headlines where I thought that people wanted to ruin him.

"Pre-season is the time when a team gels together and there were eight new arrivals and a new system to adapt to.

"Some of the things I read have surprised me, but Madrid always attracts different opinions and I am pleased that Schuster is changing some of those.

"I am pleased that (Javier) Saviola and (Roberto) Soldado are with us and that we have (Arjen) Robben, Pepe and (Gonzalo) Higuaín waiting to play.

"It is a strong squad, who all play together. We scored five goals, but it could have been nine.

"This is not a team that when they score a goal starts defending that lead. This is the new Madrid that everyone wanted."

goal.com

goals from that game:

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
Real have one of the strongest teams in the world, ofcourse on the paper and they need to prove themself on the field and 5-0 win is a good start...

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
metzelder had his first start of the season and he made a account of himself.Very solid start with some excellent interventions.I hope he keeps it up and earns his place in the starting 11. Which i think he could if he keeps fit.

Sneidjer is freaking gun in that midfield and when madrid starting rolling they were scary.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Gaby Milito: Madrid Are Great, But We Are Too

Barcelona defender Gaby Milito admits that Real Madrid did not fully surprise him with their 5-0 rout of Villarreal on Sunday, but that the blaugrana can give as good as they get over the course of the season...

Gaby Milito of Barcelona said today that he was unsurprised at Real Madrid's strong showing in La Liga thus far.

He said of the Merengues, "We know that Madrid have a great team and that it has good players, so their manner of victory on Sunday was not all that strange.

Milito added, "But we also had a great match, and I believe we're heading in the right direction."

Barcelona managed their first win of the season with a 3-1 win over Athletic, although Milito did not start the match, instead making his Barca debut as a late substitute.

While he said that he felt "very well" in the aftermath of the match, he insisted that it was the team that concerned them. "The team gained a win against a difficult rival," he said.

Milito arrived from Real Zaragoza this summer to provide added competition at centre-back, and added that he'd be delighted to be considered a regular - particularly alongside recovering captain Carles Puyol.

"I'm excited [to play here] because I'm surrounded by good players and I look forawrd to building up an understanding with them.

"And in my opinion [Puyol] is looking brighter ever day, running well, recovering from injury, and I'm glad. After all, he's the captain, and very important for the team," he said.

Finally, he looked ahead to the Champions League campaign, describing all of Lyon, Stuttgart and Rangers as difficult opponents.

"Two were champions of their league last season, and Rangers of Glasgow will be tough to play in Scotland," he concluded.

Milito, an Argentina international, left his brother Diego behind at Real Zaragoza.

goal.com

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Why don't you think they will win?

I think Madrid and Barca are quite evenly matched and I'd be surprised if Sevilla or Valencia get close to them.
i think that their problems havent vanished even though they won the league last season...the only reason they won it was because there werent any strong teams on form last season..their defence is still vulnerable as ever..What they dont understand is,that names dont neccesarily make a good defence..they still dont defend as a unit in my eyes.

IMO Barca has a much bigger chance..closely followed by Sevilla..Barcelona now has a lot of depth in areas they lacked depth in last season..like in defence and in the striker position..Once Puyol comes back..and Henry clicks with Ronaldinho and Messi..Barca will be unstoppable..at least in Spain..dont know much about Europe.

Sevilla has a bigger chance too..They proved over two legs they were better than Madrid..and now they're going to prove it over a season..the only reason Madrid finished above them last season..was because Sevilla was in the Uefa cup..Sevilla has more depth this season than last..so this time that wont stop them from finishing above Madrid.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
i think that their problems havent vanished even though they won the league last season...the only reason they won it was because there werent any strong teams on form last season..their defence is still vulnerable as ever..What they dont understand is,that names dont neccesarily make a good defence..they still dont defend as a unit in my eyes.

IMO Barca has a much bigger chance..closely followed by Sevilla..Barcelona now has a lot of depth in areas they lacked depth in last season..like in defence and in the striker position..Once Puyol comes back..and Henry clicks with Ronaldinho and Messi..Barca will be unstoppable..at least in Spain..dont know much about Europe.

Sevilla has a bigger chance too..They proved over two legs they were better than Madrid..and now they're going to prove it over a season..the only reason Madrid finished above them last season..was because Sevilla was in the Uefa cup..Sevilla has more depth this season than last..so this time that wont stop them from finishing above Madrid.

You may well be right, I haven't watched any Spanish football yet this season so I can't really argue the point.

adelove

The Very Special One
Sep 29, 2003
Gaby Milito: Madrid Are Great, But We Are Too

Barcelona defender Gaby Milito admits that Real Madrid did not fully surprise him with their 5-0 rout of Villarreal on Sunday, but that the blaugrana can give as good as they get over the course of the season...

Gaby Milito of Barcelona said today that he was unsurprised at Real Madrid's strong showing in La Liga thus far.

He said of the Merengues, "We know that Madrid have a great team and that it has good players, so their manner of victory on Sunday was not all that strange.

Milito added, "But we also had a great match, and I believe we're heading in the right direction."

Barcelona managed their first win of the season with a 3-1 win over Athletic, although Milito did not start the match, instead making his Barca debut as a late substitute.

While he said that he felt "very well" in the aftermath of the match, he insisted that it was the team that concerned them. "The team gained a win against a difficult rival," he said.

Milito arrived from Real Zaragoza this summer to provide added competition at centre-back, and added that he'd be delighted to be considered a regular - particularly alongside recovering captain Carles Puyol.

"I'm excited [to play here] because I'm surrounded by good players and I look forawrd to building up an understanding with them.

"And in my opinion [Puyol] is looking brighter ever day, running well, recovering from injury, and I'm glad. After all, he's the captain, and very important for the team," he said.

Finally, he looked ahead to the Champions League campaign, describing all of Lyon, Stuttgart and Rangers as difficult opponents.

"Two were champions of their league last season, and Rangers of Glasgow will be tough to play in Scotland," he concluded.

Milito, an Argentina international, left his brother Diego behind at Real Zaragoza.

goal.com

stupid f#$@!! argie!! turned down a place in our first 11 for d barca bench.....we'll see who's sorry in the end....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)