[SPA] La Liga 2007/2008 (9 Viewers)

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
stupid f#$@!! argie!! turned down a place in our first 11 for d barca bench.....we'll see who's sorry in the end....
I've always understood..attacking players willingness to play in La Liga more than Serie A..but if i was a defender..i'd choose Serie A any day of the week

I hope Real Madrid defend their title.
You like Real Madrid??:shocked:

:D

Buy on AliExpress.com
May 25, 2006
Sky Sports' favourite slaphead Spanish football expert Graham Hunter knows everything about Barcelona and Real Madrid, but he seemed to show a startling lack of geographical knowledge on this week's Revista De La Liga:

"Some say that Henry doesn't have much to prove at Barca, I don't agree. The only time he played outside France before was at Juventus and he didn't succeed there."

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Sky Sports' favourite slaphead Spanish football expert Graham Hunter knows everything about Barcelona and Real Madrid, but he seemed to show a startling lack of geographical knowledge on this week's Revista De La Liga:

"Some say that Henry doesn't have much to prove at Barca, I don't agree. The only time he played outside France before was at Juventus and he didn't succeed there."
Don't knock Graham, he's a good guy.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Pepe: Madrid Must Keep Winning

Real Madrid defender Pepe contends that his side is in great form at the moment, but knows that only continued victory will do for the capital giants...

Pepe, newly arrived in Real Madrid this summer from Porto, has called on his teammates to keep up their "good form" and "determination" ahead of Saturday's clash with Almeria.

The centre-back, who cost the Bernabeu side a whopping 30 million euros, will watch from the sidelines after sustaining an injury earlier in the campaign, but is confident that his side can keep it going.

"The team is in good form. Against Villarreal [5-0 victory], who are a very good team, we played a superb match, and now we must continue that form this Saturday [against Almeria].

"We're playing at home but cannot afford to lose focus at all. We will lose the game if we don't show the same concentration and focus as we did against Villarreal."

On his recent inopportune injury, that's kept him out not only of the Madrid side but also the Portuguese squad he sighed, "It's tough. I waited so long for that opportunity with the national team and now that it's here, I can't take it.

"But, soccer is thus. I need to be strong in the face of difficulties."

Pepe received some criticism pre-season after taking some time to settle into the side, but is confident that he can improve, and that he can fit into coach Schuster's plans.

Indeed, Pepe pointed out that the German manager has special requests for his centre-backs.

"[Schuster] wants all play to start with us central defenders," he said.

"He wants the ball to go through us to the midfield in order to build up chances."

Pepe would not be drawn on recent remarks attributed to Werder Bremen goalkeeper Tim Wiese about Real Madrid's "random" transfer policy.

The Portuguese stopper would only say that he'd heard from his international teammates that Werder were looking ahead to the "very difficult" meeting between the German side and Madrid in the Champions League.

Pepe, born Képler Laveran Lima Ferreira in Brazil, previously served both Porto and Maritimo.

goal.com

OP
JCK

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #108
    Real Madrid are really strong.

Valencia are in a draw, also messing up my coupon.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
    Robinho and Heinze out Drenthe and Higuaín in.

Yes Valencia have pretty strong team

Morientes

Arizmendi-Fernandes-Joaquín

Sunday-Baraja

Morreti-Helguera-Albiol-Alexis

Cañizares

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
    Madrid Ride Their Luck To Win

Real Madrid 3-1 Almeria

It was not a display Real Madrid will want to remember - especially after two great games - but they rode their luck and withstood some serious pressure to pick up a 3-1 win over a very gutsy Almeria side...

Saviola opened the scoring in the 36th minute after a difficult start to the game, but Almeria kept coming at their more accomplished opponents.

They were denied a goal in the 54 minute when Uche was adjudged offside despite being on, and then has Crusat harshly sent off just after the hour mark to make it a very unlucky night.

However, they refused to given up, even after Sneijder made it 2-0, scoring yet another delightful free-kick to make it four goals in three games.

They got their reward when Uche finally scored in the 73rd minute, and looked like scoring another for much of the remaining 17 minutes.

However, Bernd Schuster's boys recovered their composure and decided to keep the ball, taking the pace off the game to frustrate their opponents in the final ten minutes.

As Almeria grew desperate, Real Madrid got their third through Gonzalo Higuain, but the 3-1 win flatters them on what was a very tricky evening at the Bernabeu.

Madrid keep their perfect run going, while Almeria go home with their heads held high.

goal.com

OP
    JCK

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #119
    I really wanted to watch Madrid's game. They definitely have a different look this season.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    We should have bought Sneijder when we had the chance, but there are far too many people afraid to take chances on young players. That's why the likes of Real Madrid keep on winning.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)