[SPA] La Liga 2007/2008 (13 Viewers)

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
Inter, Milan and Roma are on red alert after Leo Messi's father confessed “My son dreams of Serie A.”

The Barcelona starlet had always been considered untouchable, but could be allowed to move on this summer as part of the club's revolution.

“For the moment we are thinking of Barcelona, which is a second home for Leo, and he wants to make up for all his injury problems,” Jorge Messi told Sportal.

“Having said that, clearly playing in Italy is the dream of every player, including my son.

“Seeing as nobody knows what will happen in the future, let us just say it is possible that sooner or later that dream can come true.”

The 21-year-old Argentine has long been a target for Inter chief Massimo Moratti, but up until now he was considered beyond all reach.

“Let's just say there has been no official contact with Inter,” continued Messi Sr.

“Nothing official. I prefer not to add anything else to that statement. As I said before, things could change in the future.”

As the Nerazzurri run into problems to sign Jose Mourinho's targets Ricardo Quaresma and Frank Lampard, they could make a definite change of direction for Messi.

President Moratti has always said Messi is his dream signing and at long last that could become reality.

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/jul2o.html
---

:eyebrows:
let them dream :rofl:

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
The only thing more mind-boggling than what he actually said is the possibility that he copied the post from ANOTHER person, meaning that somebody else could also share that sorry excuse for an opinion. :crazy:

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
How is Messi one dimensional?? You never know where he's going to go or what he's going to do, Messi is as far from one dimensional as they get.
You always know he is going to dribble at the first defender he sees, cuts in and then goes on to the next defender, whom he dribbles.

Other than his great dribbling and explosiveness he has little depth to his game. his passing, shooting, positioning, decisionmaking, vision all leave a lot of room for improvement.

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
You always know he is going to dribble at the first defender he sees, cuts in and then goes on to the next defender, whom he dribbles.

Other than his great dribbling and explosiveness he has little depth to his game. his passing, shooting, positioning, decisionmaking, vision all leave a lot of room for improvement.
It's almost impossible to find a player that is perfect in everything, but messi is really great at what he does and thats dribbling and playing those short passes with he's teammates. I remember ronaldo (brazilian) when he was with barca he used to have almost the exact move everytime he recieves the ball ( slip from the offside trap run fast and score) but even so he was a phenomonal cause no body did that move bitter than him period. he developed himself more with inter (started taking more free kicks and started to drift to the sides more)......

Fred

Oct 2, 2003

i see nothing wrong with his passing and vision, some of the defence splitting passes he's played have been simply amazing

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
It's almost impossible to find a player that is perfect in everything, but messi is really great at what he does
Isn't that exactly what i'm saying?

i see nothing wrong with his passing and vision, some of the defence splitting passes he's played have been simply amazing
Defence splitting passes? Messi? Not exactly. He makes a lot of assists, but not because of his great range of distribution.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Isn't that exactly what i'm saying?

Defence splitting passes? Messi? Not exactly. He makes a lot of assists, but not because of his great range of distribution.
he might not have a wide range of distribution, but he's pretty good at passing in tight spaces and splitting the defence with short through balls which imo he masters.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Through balls are passes that end up where the player is yet to go, while Messi is someone who always (tries) to play the ball directly into someones feet.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Through balls are passes that end up where the player is yet to go, while Messi is someone who always (tries) to play the ball directly into someones feet.
That is normal for someone who's come out of Barca's academy, they all seem to care more about keeping possesion than actually creating chances. But he definitely has it in his locker imo, he has shown it a lot of times.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)