[SPA] La I beat you 8-0 Liga 2012/2013 (10 Viewers)

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Messi is the best player in the world and has been for the past 3-4 years, obvious to anyone who watches Barcelona, he's on a different level to anyone else imo, he's just that good.

Unfortunately for us(EPL fans like me and Gordon, or Serie A fanboys like the rest of you) and as hard as it is for us to admit it, but La Liga right now is the best and strongest league in the world. Real and Barca are world class, while you have teams like Valencia, Atletico, Sevilla and Malaga who are also very competitive teams that are stronger imo than their English and Italian counterparts. I still prefer watching the EPL, you guys probably do not appreciate the technical approach that more than often means a lack of defensive responsibility that Spanish teams adopt, but that does not take away anything from the La Liga imo.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
شيزيو;3900721 said:
@Fred; Messi is the best player in the world and by quite a margin, the guy is just ridiculously good it's not even funny anymore.
True.

- - - Updated - - -

Juventino[RUS];3900724 said:
Ibra > Messi anyday of the week
I like Ibra but he's not even as good as Ronaldo.

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
Messi is the best player in the world and has been for the past 3-4 years, obvious to anyone who watches Barcelona, he's on a different level to anyone else imo, he's just that good.

Unfortunately for us(EPL fans like me and Gordon, or Serie A fanboys like the rest of you) and as hard as it is for us to admit it, but La Liga right now is the best and strongest league in the world. Real and Barca are world class, while you have teams like Valencia, Atletico, Sevilla and Malaga who are also very competitive teams that are stronger imo than their English and Italian counterparts. I still prefer watching the EPL, you guys probably do not appreciate the technical approach that more than often means a lack of defensive responsibility that Spanish teams adopt, but that does not take away anything from the La Liga imo.
They now have the strongest set of teams through the league, yes.

However as a brand of football and allround game La Liga is a joke. The defending there I'd not expect from Sunday League teams, look at Barcelona for example, they're laughable at the back.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
They now have the strongest set of teams through the league, yes.

However as a brand of football and allround game La Liga is a joke. The defending there I'd not expect from Sunday League teams, look at Barcelona for example, they're laughable at the back.
I agree, and Barcelona's defending is comical at times, lucky for them they keep possession off the ball a lot, or else they'd be much more exposed.

Spanish teams superior technical ability tends to help them offset their poor defending though

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
I agree, and Barcelona's defending is comical at times, lucky for them they keep possession off the ball a lot, or else they'd be much more exposed.

Spanish teams superior technical ability tends to help them offset their poor defending though
Unfortunately so.

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006

Come on Fred, Barcelona is probably the only team in the world that can get by playing two MF as CBs and still dominate any team. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)