[SP] La Liga 2005/06 (1 Viewer)

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
well we will see, barca has to prepare for their benfica CL match also, and though their chanses to go through after second leg are very big (home advantage and etc) you never know.

Q is, how seriously they take real match? will they rest key players?

Buy on AliExpress.com

mcrae

Jun 3, 2004
nice dive by Van Bomel...another justified penalty for the mighty Catalunyans..the 309th of the season i think.........

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
disapponting game , strange to see real defending with 9 men all the game , anyway the liga is over now but barca have a scoring crisis.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
For all this talk about the importance of the CL, it's refreshing to hear Rijkaard come out with a take on things that seems to go against conventional wisdom about league championships:

http://today.reuters.co.uk/news/new...RTRIDST_0_SPORT-SOCCER-BARCELONA-RIJKAARD.XML

League title more important to Barca, says Rijkaard
Tue May 2, 2006 5:13 PM BST170

MADRID, May 2 (Reuters) - Barcelona coach Frank Rijkaard believes that reaching the Champions League final has led some to undervalue his side's achievements in the Primera Liga.

Victory over fifth-placed Celta Vigo on Wednesday or Valencia's failure to beat relegation-threatened Real Mallorca will guarantee the Catalans a second successive league title.

"I've always said that I think that winning the league is the more important of the two," the Dutchman told a news conference on Tuesday. "Personally, I really value the fact that this team has the chance of winning the league two years in a row. It was our big objective for the season.

"It means that as a club Barca is in a good state of health and that the players are doing a good job."

Rijkaard was anxious to ward off any premature celebrations, however, stressing that his team had not won anything yet.

"It is best to save the celebrations until the job is done," he said. "Patience is an important virtue and I don't like talking too much about these things yet. We have to keep working hard.

"I hope that Barca can maintain this level for many years to come. Then we will be able to say that we have made our mark, but at the moment we are working, with a great deal of pride and responsibility."

"The good thing is that we now depend on ourselves to win the title," said Rijkaard. "But Celta are a very good team. They are well organised and they move the ball quickly. They've got some talented players and it will be a very difficult game."

Barcelona, under another Dutch coach, Louis van Gaal, were the last team to win back-to-back titles in the Primera Liga in 1998 and 1999. Barca face Arsenal in the Champions League final in Paris on May 17.

Intro

Apr 6, 2005
Elvin said:
Congrats to Barca fans for their 18th Spanish Championship !!! :)
Hopefully someone will actually challenge next year. :disagree:

Congratulations to Barca though and atleast now they can relax until the CL final. But am I being paranoid in thinking Barca are having problems scoring right now? Their last 10 matches in all competitions:

25/03: Malaga(A) 0-0
28/03: Benfica(A) 0-0
01/04: Real Madrid(H) 1-1
05/04: Benfica(H) 2-0
09/04: Racing Santander(A) 2-2
14/04: Villarreal(H) 1-0
18/04: Milan(A) 1-0
29/04: Cadiz(H) 1-0
26/04: Milan(H) 0-0
03/05: Celta Vigo(A) 1-0

That's not what Barcelona are renown for? No defeats but only 5 wins and 5 draws with clean sheets in EIGHT of those matches. Only conceded to a Real Madrid and Ronaldo effort and in a lower concentrated match against Santander who were bottom at the time. Taking that Santander match out of the equation they have only managed to score a maximum of a single goal in those fixtures.

I think there are definite problems for this team or there has been a real shift in how this team plays and achieves results. Looking at past winners of the CL and how Arsenal fare defensively is this perhaps the wrong time for Barca to be off-form? Guess we shall find out on May 17th.

Albertmare

Idea Maker
Mar 24, 2006
sevilla - malaga : 2-1
g.franco
A.TACCHINARDI
g.gerrado

i'm glad he can playing well in villareal , really miss this guy !! :cry:
are u all feel the same ?

waiting for our #29 scudetto !!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)