So Who Should Play for the Azzurri? (18 Viewers)

Tifoso

Sempre e solo Juve
Aug 12, 2005
:moan: :disagree:

Well Lou, how can you say you root for the US when you don't know anything about our football? This is why I will always have some resentment for United States citizens who state they support another nation and root for us when we're not playing the other nation. Just say you support the Azzurri and leave it at that, because it's the truth.

Don't give my national team pity points here. Shame that I've seen about a hundred different people do the same thing.
You have a point, Andy.

I will still root for them, though ;)

Have started following the Galaxy a wee bit over the last year, year and a half, so there are a few players I might recognize ;)

And I did see the USMNT play China in San Jose when we beat them 4-1 on goals by Beasley (PK), Feilhaber, Dempsey and Onyewu. Ask Greg (swag) :D

*In the interest of full disclosure, the only names that I remembered scoring were Beasley and Dempsey*

Buy on AliExpress.com
May 22, 2007
No matter how many times I say Camo is partly Italian, you just ignore it and keep on with the marathon born and lived argument. Might wisely save myself some time by c&p'ing the same thing to you each to you after the giggles amongst yourselves.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
It's my country as well. And boy, do you have some reading up to do on my country. The fact that you blindly support the actions of our government is what is partly wrong with my country.

But you've already stated that you will cheer Camoranesi on while he wears the Azzurri even in spite of the fact you admit he's not an Italian. You can't say no to Amauri when you already have a non-Italian on the Italian NT, which you will cheer on. You still don't understand how that's hypocritical?
1.And the fact that you would blindly disagree with everything the country does and jump at any chance you get to criticize it and blame everything on the government.I am against the war in Iraq. I would never vote for Bush. My country has problems but I defend it all the same. The main problem with America is idiots like you who do the "popular" thing and think it makes them new-age and smart to constantly attack the government. The bush administration is run by greedy idiots but I am proud to be American. If you hate America so much than move to Canada. Don't call into question my love for this country and it's national side.

2. No it's not. I am 100% against both of them being selected. But If they get selected than I am going to hope they at least do well! What is wrong with that?

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
No matter how many times I say Camo is partly Italian, you just ignore it and keep on with the marathon born and lived argument. Might wisely save myself some time by c&p'ing the same thing to you each to you after the giggles amongst yourselves.
:agree: i really didnt want to get into this argument again

OP
Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #208
    I know you're saying Camoranesi is partly Italian, but I am also partly German, Czech, Polish and Irish. By your logic I could play for any of those nations. If you think that's right, then just admit it or you're being hypocritical, dude.

Éver

Mar 1, 2008
    2. No it's not. I am 100% against both of them being selected. But If they get selected than I am going to hope they at least do well! What is wrong with that?
    Plus if they do get selected, what is the point in constantly piping up against it? Hardly going to change anything is it.

Andy to casually throw his weak "hypocrisy" thing my way again, can't wait.

Enron

Tickle Me
    Oct 11, 2005
    If Amauri has a passport and Italy asks him to play, then he should play. Bottom line. There is nothing anyone can do about it.

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #211
    1.And the fact that you would blindly disagree with everything the country does and jump at any chance you get to criticize it and blame everything on the government.I am against the war in Iraq. I would never vote for Bush. My country has problems but I defend it all the same. The main problem with America is idiots like you who do the "popular" thing and think it makes them new-age and smart to constantly attack the government. The bush administration is run by greedy idiots but I am proud to be American. If you hate America so much than move to Canada. Don't call into question my love for this country and it's national side.
    Yeah, I'm the big idiot again, yet at least I can locate nations such as Lebanon, Georgia (Not the Atlanta version !) and Uzbekistan on a friggin map. At least I take the time to learn about the rest of the world instead of trying to deny the importance of such knowledge, like you always try to argue. But hey, just keep going on like this because you're surely giving people around the globe a good laugh. Keep it coming. You're the class of America.

Because it's hypocritical. Can't expect you to understand though.

May 22, 2007
    I know you're saying Camoranesi is partly Italian, but I am also partly German, Czech, Polish and Irish. By your logic I could play for any of those nations. If you think that's right, then just admit it or you're being hypocritical, dude.
    Because of past relatives which lived hundreds of years ago, or because of your direct parents?

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #213
    Plus if they do get selected, what is the point in constantly piping up against it? Hardly going to change anything is it.
    So you'd just nod your head in agreement and say "Forza Italia" while you sit in Timbuktu? What if the Juventus management decided it would be a fantastic idea to employ a female in the team, contributing to Juve losing points matchday after matchday in our quest for fielding yet an Italian female? Would you just sit there and say welp, can't do anything about it, might as well cheer her on..

Fact is, the whole reason why we have this forum is to discuss Juventus and criticize when needed. If people didn't want Camoranesi on the team in the first place they should still not want him in the team now and criticize the manager for fielding him. Just like we do with players such as Molinaro and Nocerino, along with all the other notions people believe in.

Seemingly people here don't understand this matter though. Not sure why, probably because Camoranesi is integral to the side. I'd place money on that.

Éver

Mar 1, 2008
    So you'd just nod your head in agreement and say "Forza Italia" while you sit in Timbuktu? What if the Juventus management decided it would be a fantastic idea to employ a female in the team, contributing to Juve losing points matchday after matchday in our quest for fielding yet an Italian female? Would you just sit there and say welp, can't do anything about it, might as well cheer her on..

Fact is, the whole reason why we have this forum is to discuss Juventus and criticize when needed. If people didn't want Camoranesi on the team in the first place they should still not want him in the team now and criticize the manager for fielding him. Just like we do with players such as Molinaro and Nocerino, along with all the other notions people believe in.

Seemingly people here don't understand this matter though. Not sure why, probably because Camoranesi is integral to the side. I'd place money on that.
    Will have to dismiss most of this as irrelevant nonsense.

The thing you are missing is, im not cheering Camoranesi on for Italy. I am not constantly complaining about him and im not then thinking "oh fuck it actually, hes doing well im gonna cheer him.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
    :disagree:

Camoranesi's parents were ARGENTINIAN, BORN THERE, NOT LEGAL ITALIAN CITIZENS FFS.
    Argentina's my anthem: Camoranesi

DUISBURG, Germany, June 14 (Reuters) - Italy's Argentina-born midfielder Mauro Camoranesi admitted on Wednesday he did not know the Italian national anthem and referred to the Argentine anthem as his 'own'.

Asked by reporters why he didn't sign the national anthem before Monday's 2-0 win over Ghana, Camoranesi said: 'I don't even sing my own national anthem".

'I don't know the (Italian) anthem but my children sing it. At the World Cup though I am Italian, the decision to play in this shirt has been taken and it doesn't make any sense asking me whether I would rather be here in the Argentine shirt,' said Camoranesi.

The Juventus winger moved to Italy to play for Hellas Verona in 2000 and made his debut for Italy in February 2003 after gaining dual nationality.

Camoranesi, whose great-grandparents were born in Italy, has never denied he considers himself still to be an Argentine and when he was invited to play for Italy said: 'I have an Italian passport but that is not enough for me to feel Italian.'

The midfielder's call-up by former Italy coach Giovanni Trapattoni was criticised in some quarters although he is the 36th player of dual nationality to wear the Italian shirt and the 17th Argentine.

There have also been nine Uruguayans and five Brazilians who have played for the Italian national side, a Scottish-born striker, Giovanni Moscardini who played in the 1920s and a South African, Eddie Firmani, who made three appearances in the 1950s.

At the World Cup in 2002, Italy's players were widely criticised for the failure to sing the 'Inno di Mameli' but after pressure from politicians most players now make an effort

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=371118&

Apr 12, 2004
    Argentina's my anthem: Camoranesi

DUISBURG, Germany, June 14 (Reuters) - Italy's Argentina-born midfielder Mauro Camoranesi admitted on Wednesday he did not know the Italian national anthem and referred to the Argentine anthem as his 'own'.

Asked by reporters why he didn't sign the national anthem before Monday's 2-0 win over Ghana, Camoranesi said: 'I don't even sing my own national anthem".

'I don't know the (Italian) anthem but my children sing it. At the World Cup though I am Italian, the decision to play in this shirt has been taken and it doesn't make any sense asking me whether I would rather be here in the Argentine shirt,' said Camoranesi.

The Juventus winger moved to Italy to play for Hellas Verona in 2000 and made his debut for Italy in February 2003 after gaining dual nationality.

Camoranesi, whose great-grandparents were born in Italy, has never denied he considers himself still to be an Argentine and when he was invited to play for Italy said: 'I have an Italian passport but that is not enough for me to feel Italian.'

The midfielder's call-up by former Italy coach Giovanni Trapattoni was criticised in some quarters although he is the 36th player of dual nationality to wear the Italian shirt and the 17th Argentine.

There have also been nine Uruguayans and five Brazilians who have played for the Italian national side, a Scottish-born striker, Giovanni Moscardini who played in the 1920s and a South African, Eddie Firmani, who made three appearances in the 1950s.

At the World Cup in 2002, Italy's players were widely criticised for the failure to sing the 'Inno di Mameli' but after pressure from politicians most players now make an effort

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=371118&
    OHHH, but let's make a big thing over it....

X Æ A-12

Contributor
    Sep 4, 2006
    Yeah, I'm the big idiot again, yet at least I can locate nations such as Lebanon, Georgia (Not the Atlanta version !) and Uzbekistan on a friggin map. At least I take the time to learn about the rest of the world instead of trying to deny the importance of such knowledge, like you always try to argue. But hey, just keep going on like this because you're surely giving people around the globe a good laugh. Keep it coming. You're the class of America.

Because it's hypocritical. Can't expect you to understand though.
    Stop saying I said this knowledge was not important I never once said that! I said that I personally did not care! The only one of those countries I could not locate on a map is Uzbekistan.
    It is not hypocritical. I do not want either of them! I guess you cannot grasp that concept that I do not want either of them!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 18)